Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: M&M announces the launch of its Scorpio EX - Entry level vairant

Rabid Dog Club
    Giving excuses!

Blog Entries

M&M announces the launch of its Scorpio EX - Entry level vairant

The new 2.5 litre m2DiCR engine with 75bhp power and 220NM torque, is a product of efficient engineering.

Mahindra & Mahindra Ltd. (M&M), a part of the US $11.1 bn Mahindra Group, today announced the launch of the Scorpio Ex, a new, entry-level offering from the Mighty Muscular Scorpio stable. Powered by a 75bhp m2DiCR engine, the Scorpio Ex offers great drivability and refined performance along with an impressive 14kmpl mileage (as per ARAI). This new offering is attractively priced at Rs.7.21 lakhs (ex-showroom Pune, for BSIV).

The new 2.5 litre m2DiCR engine with 75bhp power and 220NM torque, is a product of efficient engineering. It is equipped with the fuel-saving Micro Hybrid technology, which allows it to intelligently switch the engine into the standby mode, when not required – ensuring lower fuel consumption while being more environment-friendly too. Compliant with stringent BSIV emission norms, the Scorpio Ex emits lower emissions leading to a reduced carbon footprint.

Additional features include crash protection crumple zones, to protect passengers in the unfortunate event of a collision and the digital immobilizer which protects the vehicle from theft.Further, effortless acceleration enables the vehicle to go from 0 to 60 kmph in just 11.2 seconds. The Scorpio Ex is available in four attractive colours namely Rocky Beige, Diamond White, Fiery Black and Mist Silver.

Commenting on the launch, Vivek Nayer, Senior Vice President, Marketing, Automotive Division, Mahindra & Mahindra Ltd., said “At Mahindra, our endeavour has always been to offer the best-in-class products and this new offering from the Scorpio stable is no exception. With its easy drivability, great mileage and refined performance, I am sure that the Scorpio Ex will be an instant hit with young customers looking for an affordable entry point into the Scorpio franchise. An unmitigated success in the SUV segment since its launch, the Scorpio has kept up its momentum with constant up-gradations and new offerings.”

Source - IndiaInfoLine
    Toyota Camry MT|TATA Safari EX 4x2

Rabid Dog Club - bite first, bark later :-P

“The auto industry is not a charity that produces widgets for driving enthusiasts.”

2. Thanks Wheels, Aditya thanked for this post
    Likes KRRaj liked this post
    Global Moderator
    Driving Worlds fastest truck!!

It is a stripped down version of the main Scorpio with added features. This can be seen as a taxi vehicle in all major places in North and in Kerala. I have personally seen more than 100 Scorpios during my trip to Kerala. The wheels radius is less than the normal Scorpio and the OTR cost is almost 1.5 to 2 lac less than the usual LX variant
    Try walking into YOUR car rather than crawling. For me walking is always best ---GURU SHISHIR

4. Likes camchennai liked this post
    Global Moderator
    Driving Worlds fastest truck!!

The one which got released 2-3 years back was M2DI engine and this is m2DiCR engine, then one which comes in Bolero storm. Probably this is to attract more taxi fleet
    Try walking into YOUR car rather than crawling. For me walking is always best ---GURU SHISHIR

Rabid Dog Club
    Giving excuses!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by camchennai View Post
    impressive 14kmpl mileage (as per ARAI).
    14 KMPL that too in ARAI test is too low!! In real life I guess it will give only 8

“The auto industry is not a charity that produces widgets for driving enthusiasts.”

not aware that he can set his status here!

14 KMPL that too in ARAI test is too low!! In real life I guess it will give only 8
    That thing weighs almost or more than 2000 kgs man. What kind of mileage were you expecting? To put that in perspective, the ARAI mileage of the M800 is 16.1 kmpl and Alto is 18.2 kmpl. And they weigh about 600-700 kgs.
    Last edited by Gilead; 24th May 2011 at 19:03.
    I don't know what's gonna happen man but I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames

Rabid Dog Club
    Giving excuses!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Gilead View Post
    That thing weighs almost or more than 2000 kgs man.
    Even Safari weighs that much

What kind of mileage were you expecting?
    Something above 10+

ARAI mileage of the M800 is 16.1 kmpl and Alto is 18.2 kmpl.
    Still M800 gives 14+ and so Alto...right??

Global Moderator
    Aural Nirvana

I think M&M will offer equipment levels more than the current M2Di (which has almost none).
    I have driven the M2Di around 60 kms in the highway. Driveability is good and does not feels underpowered. There is also a button to enable/disable the start/stop feature.
    The newer EX version should atleast have Power windows, Central locking with remote and Audio System inorder to provide more bang for the buck in 7.21 lacs.
    2011 Ford Figo : v2 build : Eclipse CD7200mkII | Kenwood KOS A300 | DLS A2 | AP RAM3 | Boston Acoustics GT2125 X 2 | HAT L6 | Hertz HX250D
    2008 Hyundai Verna : Pioneer AVH 8490BT -> Electric & Analog Out -> Audison Bit One.1 | Celestra FA 475x | Vifa XT25SC90 | HAT L6SE | Rockford Fosgate T400-2 | Morel Ultimo SC

not aware that he can set his status here!

Still M800 gives 14+ and so Alto...right??
    So as per this logic, the Scorpio should give 12 kmpl. What makes you think it would give 8?
    I don't know what's gonna happen man but I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames

Rabid Dog Club
    Giving excuses!

Blog Entries
    What makes you think it would give 8?
    As per ARAI, all diesel hatches FE is more than 20 however in real time none gives out more than 15. So went with same logic

Himalayan Wanderer

OT - But my 2.2 Safari gives 12.5 kmpl in city and over 14 kmpl on highways
    My Flickr - www.flickr.com/photos/103602929@N08

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information