• Angry
  • Awesome
  • Hungry
  • Secret
  • Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 8161718

Thread: My New Vista Aqua QJet

Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by rksingh1 View Post
      Yeah, these are irritating expenses. When are you getting your car back?
      I got my car back the same day (on saturday) as they did not have part in stock and it did not make sense to keep car with them as my wife needs it to pick the daughter from school. The part is expected to come in this week.

Also, the tyres on Vista have become uneven and this causes bumpy ride and the wheel balancing is helping out. It means tyres need a change. I know it because i had same problem in my Alto when at 55k, i had similar uneven/bumpy ride, and 2 front tyre change sorted the issue. Two of the tyres in Vista have worn out on edges (no tread left on edges), one of these is in front and other one in rear (they did not do wheel rotation as directed). Two other tyres and the spare tyre seem good in terms of tread left. Not sure if these too are uneven and contribute to that bumpy ride. How to find out which tyres are good among the three? Two tyres certainly need replacement. The Odo is at 29k kms.

I would be getting new car for wife soon, and Vista would go as spare car. Earlier i was thinking of getting alloys (currently it runs on steel wheels) and wider tyres for Vista, but for a spare car it does not seem logical to spend a lot of money. So i might get just two new tyres of the same size. Any advise?

So things lined up for Vista (after AC repair):
      1. New tyres
      2. ICE stopped working (no display, no sound, though CD eject mechanism is working). Either get it repaired or get a new one. Current setup is JVC 1-Din and JBL 4 speakers (i think GTO 5.5") + 2 twitters.

Awesome

rksingh1.

Got reimbursed from national insurance rs 15,150 out of total expense of 24,626.
      --------------------------------------------
      2002 Hero Honda CBZ
      2004 Maruti Alto Lx
      2011 Tata Indica Vista Aqua
      2015 Tata Safari Storme Vx 4x4

Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by rksingh1 View Post
      When are you getting your car back?
      Yesterday got the AC work done. It costed me Rs 3,920. I hope it works fine without any further work. So total damage to me has been about Rs. 13.5k.

Awesome

My Vista got new tyre as 29.5k kms. The stock ones were 175/65 r14 BS B250, which had become hard over a period of 7 years. The ride quality had become bad due to these old tyres. Also, wanted to upsize the tyres as wider tyres look better, and needed some more GC for Vista. After seeking advise of fellow GHs and some reading through on the internet, decided on Yokohama Earth1 (Rs 4400 per tyre), Continental CCC5 (Rs. 4650 per tyre) and Michelin Energy XM2 (Rs. 4950 per tyre). Though the car would hardly see 10-12k kms in next 2-3 years with us, decided to go for a tyre which provides better comfort. Finally decided to go for XM2 of size 185/65 r14. Replaced 4 tyres, and put the best out of the old BS as spare tyre. Hopefully it won't be needed.

The ride quality has improved a lot. Surprisingly, the GC too seems to have increased by a good margin, though theoretically it would increase by 6.5 mm due to tyre upsize, and 3-4 mm due to new tyre treads. Or may be GC increase is more in my mind!! XM2 are silent tyres, and only problem is that now i can hear engine noise (the car music system has not been working for last couple of months).
      --------------------------------------------
      2002 Hero Honda CBZ
      2004 Maruti Alto Lx
      2011 Tata Indica Vista Aqua
      2015 Tata Safari Storme Vx 4x4

Gears in head!!!
      Life needs a purpose!

Awesome

Blog Entries
      Quote Originally Posted by speed79 View Post
      only problem is that now i can hear engine noise
      Between engine noise and tyre noise, I'll prefer the former.

Driving :)

Awesome

1.8k for Gas refill
      its too costly, when i done refill on my punto they charged me 800rupees, though not in company service centre.

Awesome

The music system on my Vista (JVC KDR 626) has following:
      1. JVC KDR-626 HU
      2. JBL component GTO508C
      3. JBL full range speaker CS5

The HU has got some problem. There is no display. If i press the CD eject button, i can hear some gears moving inside.

What should i do, throw away 626 or try to get it repaired? If so, what are the options that i have for new HU? Current HU used to supports 4 speakers and 2 tweeters. I think there is a cross-over (or something) also which came with GTO 508C of the speakers, probably to split audio signal for main speakers and tweeters. I am sorry for using wrong terms as I am not much into the #ICE .

For replacement HU, it should be good enough in sound quality, but not too expensive. In the range of say 5k. And i do not need a CD player, as i rarely use CDs. It can be just AM/FM + USB.

Looking for ....

Secret

The HU has got some problem. There is no display. If i press the CD eject button, i can hear some gears moving inside.
      check with the service center and conclude the cost of repair.

For replacement HU, it should be good enough in sound quality, but not too expensive. In the range of say 5k. And i do not need a CD player, as i rarely use CDs. It can be just AM/FM + USB.
      if you are looking at SQ you need good source of music, in India its ACD primarily, dont miss it.
      PIONEER DEX-P99RS | TCHERNOV SPECIAL MAKE II IC | SOUNDSTREAM REFERENCE CLASS A PICASSO BRIAN B4 AMPS | H A T LEGATIA L1 PRO R2 | L3 PRO | L6 V2 | IMAGNE 6V2 T-LINE
      CLARION HX-D2 SE | STINGER 8000 SERIES IC
      | McIntosh MC423 MCC82 ARC AUDIO 4200 SE AMPS | FOCAL K2 POWER 165 KR | H A T LEGATIA L4SE | CLARUS 10

Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 8161718

Thread Information