Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: reverse parking sensors or reverse camera ??

not aware that he can set his status here!

reverse parking sensors or reverse camera ??

i want to go for either reverse parking sensors or reverse camera for my linea.

Which one of the above 2 s a better option?
    Should i install both of them?
    which brands are a good option?

Traveling...

I think having a good set of reverse parking sensors is good enough for most cases. I believe normally reverse cameras are fitted along with sensors. So it should be an added benefit. Another thing is to make sure that the sensors are mounted in the right place on the rear bumper. In my car, they were fitted by the dealers and are slightly higher than it should be. So it misses curbs which are lower than one foot high and the car ends up hitting such curbs, especially when visibility is bad.

Dicored!

A reverse sensor is more than sufficient for a sedan. Moreover, the reverse camera does makes it difficult to gauge the distance between the car and and obstacles. It takes quite a bit of getting used to before you can gauge distances accurately.

Have at least 4 sensors fixed and ensure they are positioned well on the rear bumper and you are good to go.

You can also go for the option of sensors plus camera which may work out a it more expensive, but then you get the best of both worlds.
    Lots of cars have one part that needs to be recalled: The nut behind the wheel !!!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by kairalee View Post
    A reverse sensor is more than sufficient for a sedan. Moreover, the reverse camera does makes it difficult to gauge the distance between the car
    strongly agree
    will drink responsibly when there is a brand of whisky named Responsibly

My two cents. What ever you put there, just ensure it doesn't make too loud a noise. When you go over to wild life sanctuaries, the noise while reversing can be irritating to the animals.

Quote Originally Posted by kairalee View Post
    A reverse sensor is more than sufficient for a sedan. Moreover, the reverse camera does makes it difficult to gauge the distance between the car and and obstacles. It takes quite a bit of getting used to before you can gauge distances accurately.

Have at least 4 sensors fixed and ensure they are positioned well on the rear bumper and you are good to go.

You can also go for the option of sensors plus camera which may work out a it more expensive, but then you get the best of both worlds.
    I agree with kairalee, that for a sedan or hatchback reverse parking sensors are more than sufficient. Reverse parking sensors some of two types:
    1. One with led warning lights and LCD for display of distance from the nearest obstacle. It is fitted on dashboard.
    2. One which integrates with the IRVM, and shows some kind of boundary around the car.
    I think the former one is cheaper and sufficient.

With reverse camera alone it could be difficult to judge the distance, but after some practice it would be quite useful and sufficient. In a SUV it is better to have both of these.

Quote Originally Posted by MX6 View Post
    My two cents. What ever you put there, just ensure it doesn't make too loud a noise. When you go over to wild life sanctuaries, the noise while reversing can be irritating to the animals.
    I think MX6 got confused about reverse parking sensor with reverse parking horn. Reverse parking sensor only measures distance using IR, and causes no noise outside of the car.

8. LOL kairalee laughed out loud

Surface characterization of
    Ultra Thin films

I got the reverse parking sensors installed during delivery of vehicle. It comes with an LCD panel put on your inside rear view mirror. It switches on / lights up, when the gear is engaged to reverse. Its fairly sensitive, with people moving around your car. It gives you the distance between he sensors and the obstacle behind.

Ensure the sensors which get embedded into your rear bumper are of same color. I have seen black colored sensors on silver bumpers spoiling the rear looks.
    You spend so much on your car to spoil the looks.
    Dzire Vdi 2010
    Matiz SD 2000
    TVS Streak 2009
    Kawasaki 4S 1995

"Success is like your own shadow, if u try to catch then u will never succeed, ignore it and walk in your own way....it will follow u.."

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by manasmadaan View Post
    i want to go for either reverse parking sensors or reverse camera for my linea.
    Parking sensors work way better then camera if installed on right place. but they are not cheap by any mean. you dont wanna put cheap Chinese sensors on your car. Cheap sensors will go out easily and it will hard to find replacement.
    Camera system is easy to install. little less expensive then sensors. and they also have camera that you can put instead of truck lock cylinder or on top of your number plate. so you will not need to drill any holes one bumper. and it will look grate from outside. how ever it will take little bit of time to get use to reverse camera.

So its really up to you. Both have their up and downs. if you already have dvd player in your car. i would go ahead and buy cheap rear view camera. (about rs 500)

Quote Originally Posted by speed79 View Post
    I think MX6 got confused about reverse parking sensor with reverse parking horn. Reverse parking sensor only measures distance using IR, and causes no noise outside of the car.
    a friend of mine had a cheap chinese make that beeps showing the distance. as it comes near an obstacle the beeps get louder. I could hear the beeps fromm. 20 ft away!
    i'm not referring to the reverse fancy tunes which some people have. that is even worse. lol.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information