We have upgraded to an all new Text Editor with some very interesting features. Some of them are listed below:
- Complete, intuitive “What You See is What You Get” content editing capability for “WebKit” browsers.
- Paste from Word! You can now paste Word documents into the vBulletin editor; the CKEditor will try to preserve as much of Word text formatting as possible.
- High Performance and Accessibility. The CKEditor offers full accessibility functionality, its fast loading and has awesome AJAX capabilities.
- You can now insert Tables from the toolbars directly.
- Auto-Save. Sick of losing posts when your browser crashes? Now you won’t have to worry, your content is safe.
Auto-Save in vBulletin 4.1.4
Besides the shiny buttons and smoother overall functionality, the biggest new feature added in the initial release of the updated editor in vBulletin 4.1.4 is the ability to “Auto-Save” content. What does this mean, exactly? Content auto-save is like an emergency parachute – it automatically saves your content so that it can be restored in the event that things go very wrong.
Imagine this scenario. You’ve sat down to write a blog entry or a really long reply to a thread. Like a mad composer, you are banging away on the keyboard typing away furiously; your words and ideas are flowing freely into the editor. In an unfortunate twist of cruel fate your foot kicks the power outlet and unplugs your computer. Your computer shuts down as you begin to panic – the panic slowly transforming into agonizing rage. Well, there is good news! The new CKEditor automatically backs up your work every 30 seconds (this is adjustable). You curse the skies, successfully reboot your computer and navigate back to the page where you were writing the content, click the “Restore Auto-Save” button and magically – your masterpiece is now restored. Nothing has been lost!
This magic auto-save functionality applies to the editor in general and is available in all vBulletin sections, including CMS, Forums and Blogs.
You can also watch some of the features in action in this video below.
Source - VB.com