• Hungry
  • Secret
  • Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Test Report: Nitrogen vs Normal Air in Tyres

Enjoying Bangalore rain and
      weather

Awesome

Hi Friends

COO IOC bunk at BTM main road is offering free Nitrogen fill for fuel bill above Rs. 750 for 4 wheels and Rs. 300 for 2 wheels.

I got all five tyres filled with Nitrogen yesterday. There was a change in handling and vehicle floats and glides. I found a plush feel and sway in the vehicle on uneven roads. Small holes and potholes have no effect and the car glides over them. Maybe because the car was not loaded.

Afterwards it was loaded fully and the car was stable.

Nevetheless there was difference which I felt immediately. Unable to explain them properly, so fill it and enjoy the ride.

Its an automated kiosk, where the normal air is sucked out (vacuumed ) and then Nitrogen filled. So you need patience and it takes atleast 10-15 mins, unlike the normal air fill. Not many people take the offer. So kiosk is empty.

Utilize this opportunity and enjoy the ride and difference. The offer is expiring and avialable for a day or more. Hurry.
      Dzire Vdi 2010
      Matiz SD 2000
      TVS Streak 2009
      Kawasaki 4S 1995

"Success is like your own shadow, if u try to catch then u will never succeed, ignore it and walk in your own way....it will follow u.."

not aware that he can set his status here!

Awesome

hello all we in our counter in seshadripumar & bansankari offering free nitrogen no condition you buy or you dont buy (tyres & wheels) nitrogen is free
      Hercules Tyres - For purchase details contact us on +918762801414

Awesome

Good test Digital Vamp, and it will be an eye opener for people who fill nitrogen in normal road cars. After all atmosphere air is 78% nitrogen, so filling pure nitrogen is just another 22% more nitrogen compared to normal air.

what status ?

Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by Digital Vampire View Post
      A related observation: After coming to a complete halt post a long trip, the temperature of the front tires is seen to spike up for a while (and later cool down) due to its proximity to the engine & GB. I guess even while running it could be in effect but to a lesser extend due to wind cooling.
      The shift in momentum while braking puts more weight on the front tires. Hence the braking forces on them are greater than the rear. And the cooling part being the wind in the front, as you mentioned.

weather

Awesome

Hi DV

Thanks for the accurate measurements.

Can you provide your inputs on the difference in ride quality, over highways, normal city roads, over potholes and over speed breakers? I did find a difference for the better in ride quality.

Your input on drive quality would be appreiciated.
      Dzire Vdi 2010
      Matiz SD 2000
      TVS Streak 2009
      Kawasaki 4S 1995

"Success is like your own shadow, if u try to catch then u will never succeed, ignore it and walk in your own way....it will follow u.."

Ouroboros
      There is no place like

Secret

Quote Originally Posted by WOODSNAKE View Post
      Can you provide your inputs on the difference in ride quality, over highways, normal city roads, over potholes and over speed breakers? I did find a difference for the better in ride quality.
      Ride Quality is perceived differently by different people and I guess it is very difficult to arrive at a conclusion whether it has improved/stayed the same/worsened.

In my personal experience, ride quality has not changed but some times I feel it has become more harsher over the speed bumps...Could be just a perception!!!
      CODE6.IN | DigitalVampire.com | XENG.net
      "If there is a god, atheism must seem to god as less of an insult than religion. --Edmond de Goncour

Ouroboros
      There is no place like

Secret

Here are couple of more results.

At Mysore(Morning) after an afternoon run from Bangalore to Mysore
      Name:  TPMS_Morning_Mysore_After_BLR_MYS_Afternoon_Run.jpg
Views: 353
Size:  123.6 KB

And here is it in the morning @ ooty after Mysore-Masinagudi-Ooty run the day before
      Name:  TPMS_Morning_Ooty_After_BLR-MYS-MASIN-OOTY_Run.jpg
Views: 363
Size:  136.2 KB

I'm really sorry that I missed to capture the readings immediately after those high speed runs.
      After I reached Mysore, I totally forgot to capture it and the next day at Ooty, my windows tablet ran out of charge and then only I realized that I forgot the charger.
      I understand that the above results don't add much information than we already know but I thought I'll post them anyways.
      There are some longer trips coming up and I'll ensure that the post-drive results are captured well.
      Last edited by Digital Vampire; 16th Aug 2011 at 23:51.
      CODE6.IN | DigitalVampire.com | XENG.net
      "If there is a god, atheism must seem to god as less of an insult than religion. --Edmond de Goncour

weather

Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by Digital Vampire View Post
      Ride Quality is perceived differently by different people and I guess it is very difficult to arrive at a conclusion whether it has improved/stayed the same/worsened.

In my personal experience, ride quality has not changed but some times I feel it has become more harsher over the speed bumps...Could be just a perception!!!
      Thanks.

Does the ride quality perceived differ due to the make of car and type of its suspension, the miles on the ODO etc...?
      Dzire Vdi 2010
      Matiz SD 2000
      TVS Streak 2009
      Kawasaki 4S 1995

Awesome

Let me ask a question to experts here. Hyundai recommends 30 PSI for all tires when car is not loaded, and 33 PSI when the car is fully loaded. In this case, is it advisable to fill Nitrogen?

Awesome

Just fill normal air. The above test done by digital Vamp proves that filling nitrogen in normal road cars is not helping in anyways.
      Also please understand that atmosphere air is 78% nitrogen.
      33PSI when loaded is to avoid excessive sidewall flex under load, also it is recommended to use slightly higher PSI on NH drives as again during high speeds this will reduce sidewall flexing.

Attached few links here, please have a look.
      http://www.tyresave.co.uk/nitrogen.html
      Do Nitrogen-Filled Tires Enhance Fuel-Efficiency?: Scientific American

Quote Originally Posted by soori View Post
      Let me ask a question to experts here. Hyundai recommends 30 PSI for all tires when car is not loaded, and 33 PSI when the car is fully loaded. In this case, is it advisable to fill Nitrogen?

Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread Information