I made the DP on 10th September and the whole family went to the stockyard to check out the various shades on the car. I was sold on the Black, Olympic White and Sand Drift Grey. Mom said no to Black for obvious reasons. Brother didn't like the Grey, so it had to be Olympic White. We took a close look at all the shades and spent over an hour trying to decide. If the Red was similar to that of the Swift, that would have been my first choice, but the Cruze red is more maroonish in color.
Here is a pic of Cruze in the various colors.
The next big problem was to decide which trim we had to buy. The LT or the LTZ.
I list down all the features that are extra on the LTZ and start wondering how helpful they would be to me.
1. Sun Roof - Damn! I always wanted a car with a sun roof. Specially after the drive in the Cayenne. The optional sun roof for the LT costs a whooping 1.3L.
2. Leather Seats - The LTZ comes with factory fit Stanley leather seats in full black. Since I have seen better work from Stanley, I decide to get the leather upholstery done by Stanley myself.
3. Automatic Rain Sensing Wipers - Duh! I know I am blind, but, I can see when it starts to rain.
4. Leather gear knob and steering cover - Once again, I felt the steering felt sportier and better without the leather cover.
5. Smart Screen and DIS system - The LTZ comes with an advance DIS system that displays DTE, Average Fuel Consumption etc. I could live without it.
6. Telescopic Steering - Available only on the LTZ. LT comes with a Tilt only steering. Again, I tried the steering without telescopic adjustment and it was perfectly fine.
7. Power Folding and Heated ORVMs - One feature I would like to have, but definitely not a deal breaker.
8. Rear Parking Assist - I was promised free reverse parking sensors if I picked up the LT.
9. Cruise Control - Duh!
10. Bluetooth Media Streaming - Duh, again!
11. Programmable Passive Entry & Start/Stop Button - Also known as PEPS. If you have the key in your pocket, the sensors on the door handle will automatically unlock the car as you come close to the door. You don't even have to take the key out to start the car because the LTZ also comes equipped with a start/stop button. Yet another feature I can live without.
12. Automatic Inside Rear View Mirror - Switches between prismatic day/night IRVM automatically and reduces glare on the drivers eyes.
13. Front Fog Lamps - Available as accessories for 10k for the LT.
Somehow the 2L difference between the LT and the LTZ didn't look too appealing to me to go for the LTZ. And I knew I was going to upgrade the tyres, add a tuning box/remap and new ICE as well. So decided to stick to the LT Olympic White.
Since Chevrolet stockyard in Bangalore didn't have a white LT, they ordered a car to be sent from their plant in Gujarat and the car was put on a truck bound to Bangalore on 12th of September. The car reached their stockyard in Nelamangala on the 18th and I was supposed to take delivery on the 20/21st. In the meantime I still await SBI to process the loan.
On 19th, I go to the showroom to check out the car in person. Here is the first pic of the car and me.
From no idea of buying a new car, 10 days later here I was standing next to my Cruze! If you thought everything is that simple, think again! It never is. And hereon, begins the nightmare...