Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Keys in, doors shut and locked, all out! What next?

not aware that he can set his status here!

Keys in, doors shut and locked, all out! What next?

This happened to us this evening. Location: X cut road, CBE, Chennai silks basement parking. I asked the drivers who were around but all were pressing for the reaper removal which holds the glass windows but I knew there was an easier way. It had happened to me on day1 of the delivery of my Sparky in Chennai. Those folks did some stuff below the bumper and forced their way in thru the back-door/****ey door. No one here seemed to know this. I called up KLN. Nice guy. He asked me to call CBE service guy. He gave me the correct cell number. These CBE guys were in a hurry and gave me the solution over the phone. I tried hard and a few clarification calls with these guys and finally voila - the ****ey opens up. Now I know it. On hindsight they should have just sent a person and charged me 100 or 200 bucks for onsite service, without revealing the trick. Now more and more people know this and easy for thieves. Anyway, please PM me if you have the Sparky stuck somewhere with your keys inside and the doors all locked up and are not able to find any service center folks.

2. Likes Pradeep, avinash, Dev11 and 2 others liked this post
    Rabid Dog Club
    Giving excuses!

Blog Entries
    jeev - Most of the modern car nowadays comes with similar setup and usually the service center guys don't reveal this....I remember some where reading that even Swift has some thing like this...

My friend faced the same issue in his Punto, he called up the service guys and they specifically said this cannot be revealed to customer's, they sent a mechanic to the spot and opened the door.

Removing glass beeding has become old style and in modern cars it cannot be done.

I appreciate your gesture of not sharing this in a public forum and rather opting out PM route....
    Toyota Camry MT|TATA Safari EX 4x2

Rabid Dog Club - bite first, bark later :-P

“The auto industry is not a charity that produces widgets for driving enthusiasts.”

4. Likes alexshom, avinash, Dev11 liked this post

Simple. All you need is a ruler. My cars are not even locked. My cars do not have central locking or any of that BS. At home, All my sets of wheels are not locked, they even have the keys stuck in the ignition. But gates are locked. And I got some Mad ass GSD.

I could share every detail here, but it does take balls to do it. Not to post, but to rig it. Hmm Do i still have to prove I got balls? or what? Every f.in Lame Ass thief knows how to rig a car.

Its a F.in joke all these alarms and crap. Any mech worth his salt will steal a car within 5 mins flat.

6. Likes avinash, agn, Babbanji Franklin liked this post

a.k.a AntiFigoRacer

Quote Originally Posted by jeev View Post
    Anyway, please PM me if you have the Sparky stuck somewhere with your keys inside and the doors all locked up and are not able to find any service center folks.
    Pls PM me the details. I want to try this on a Spark. No, I don't have a Spark. My manager has one.
    TATA Indica Vista Quadrajet (2009) | Suzuki GS 150R (2010) | TVS Wego (2011) | TVS Victor GL (2004) - SOLD

8. LOL zengetz, Jack Sparrow, alexshom and 9 others laughed out loud
    Inquisitive

Quote Originally Posted by TheHermit View Post
    Its a F.in joke all these alarms and crap. Any mech worth his salt will steal a car within 5 mins flat.
    What about engine immobiliser ( i cats etc) ? Opening doors is not the same as stealing, always.

:d

Quote Originally Posted by palka View Post
    What about engine immobiliser ( i cats etc) ? Opening doors is not the same as stealing, always.
    That would take about the same time but, by the more tech savvy 'Auto Enthusiast' if we could call them that

Yes, opening doors is not equal to stealing (Hmm stealing the car perhaps, what about your audio system, amps woofs, sunglasses, etc etc.) but the smart ones know the car they want to rig. They even identify a target and study a pattern.
    In the end its all that has to do with motivation. And If you got a fancy ride, you can expect some highly motivated 'enthusiasts'.

Forget stealing the car, I can still remember an Uncle having the shock of his life finding his souped up Amby perched on a few rocky bits. The Alloys and the radials were gone. This happened around 88/89* if I can remember.

One mistake, deaf watchman lol. ( Extremely trust worthy, old and went deaf, they did have security cams, triggers etc etc even in those days!, They did not have a dog.)

It all has to do with the motivation. Situations change people.

A scratch on my ride would put a huge gloom over me for a week. I am changing these days, trying not to feel hurt. We all love our cars. I don't think we can go through the ordeal of finding ones ride missing.

If you can handle snakes, put in a few, leave the doors unlocked. Least chance of they getting stolen.

* 88/89 represents the year 1988/1989 - nothing to do with radial tyre markings!

11. LOL alexshom, shishirbn, autohead and 1 others laughed out loud

I own a sparky. Till last month there was no remote lock in it. Till then I always carry a spare key in my wallet, in my wife's hand bag to avoid such situation. But last tuesday when we were at Ratnagiri temple we were about to get into this worst situation. Being it is our temple visit I was in White Dhoti [normally my outfit while visiting temples] and for some reason my wife has decided to leave her hand bag in the car. after taking the key for some reason I left it at seat and was about to close the door and leave. My dotty reminded about the keys and I took it off from inside.

I was about to ask this question and now I know whom I have to contact in this bad situation

missing in action..wonder why.

usually Vaasa, Finland but mostly found in airports or on trains in Europe. sigh.
    Blog Entries
    reminds me of this Hilarious incident when I was part of the sales team in Toyota.

My Manager and I went over to a client for a test drive of the Qualis. The client was a rather hard one with too many technical questions. He was very conscious about safety and asked specifically if this car can be broken into using simple tools. We gave him enough tech talk (helps being an Engineer ) to convince him that the Qualis cannot be broken into. After a long debate, he got convinced and even agreed to book the car right then.

We walked out victoriously and stopped by a few meters away from his office for a fag. After 10 mins, I realize that the keys are in the car and we are locked out.
    Heck this had to happen next to the clients office.

Gingerly we called the service van to help us out..the van did come by in 10 mins flat (they were in the neighborhood) and the Cheta smilingly walked out with a longish screwdriver..did some magic on the rear door (not going to explain how he did it) and whoop..unlocked. We did not notice who was watching us..well, it was my client who had just then booked the same damn car.

He was laughing away. We sheepishly grinned and drove away. He did take delivery of the car. He is a good friend of mine now. Me and my then manager still laugh over it whenever we meet for a drink.
    www.codereddy.wordpress.com

14. LOL sriharsha, alexshom, Nomad and 6 others laughed out loud
    Support Donkey
    Turbo Lag - Giving the NA guys
    just 1 extra second of false
    hope :p

My neighbours driver managed to get himself locked out of the 3 month old Laura VRS. Instead of calling Skoda to ask what could be done or finding a mech who would find a way to unlock the door using a scale or screwdriver or whatever, he took a stone and shattered the rear glass closest to the C pillar. Sigh!

When I saw the car 3 days back with a paper stuck where the glass is supposed to be, I asked him who tried to steal the car as I was worried about car jacking in my area. He replied back saying, I broke it because I had left the key inside

Obviously, none of the showrooms have spares, so he is now awaiting a call from Tafe/Vinayak.
    2002 Tata Indica DLS.
    2004 Suzuki Zen - A G13B eater.
    2005 Suzuki Baleno - India's fastest Naturally Aspirated Baleno timed on a drag strip officially!
    2008 Suzuki Swift VDi - The Rattle King.
    2011 Chevrolet Cruze - A monster in the making.
    2014 MOC SQ Pro Champions.
    Harmonixx Audio Inc - Dealers for Rainbow/Mosconi/Dynaudio/Micro Precision/Digital Designs/Audible Physics/Helix/AIV/Morel/Flux/PHD/Gladen/Focal/Rockford Fosgate/Dampmat and more.

16. LOL venbab, sriharsha, raama and 2 others laughed out loud

Himalayan Wanderer

Quote Originally Posted by avinash View Post
    reminds me of this Hilarious incident when I was part of the sales team in Toyota.
    Don't Trust a Salesman
    My Flickr - www.flickr.com/photos/103602929@N08

18. LOL Wheels, RIDE-TJ, venbab and 4 others laughed out loud
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information