My Dad's Planning to replace the Verna with a luxury sedan. He's adamant driving a Sedan only hence, SUV and Crossovers are not to be considered.
Budget is between 15-20 lacs. Running will be not more than 10,000 kms a year (something between a daily drive and seldom drive).
Some Points considered while choosing :
1. Car will be self driven.
2. Length and parking space are not a problem.
3. Dad doesn't have an experience with automatics. We brothers believe in Manual tranny as the drive is much involving and spirited. No Automatics!
4. Running and Maintenance costs should reasonable and pocket friendly.
5. Space for accommodating 5 for long journeys comfortably.
7. Acquisition will be before March 2012 as booking may take a month or so. What are the cons of buying a 2011 manufactured car?
8. Promising launches of early 2012 are also to be considered.
9. On-Road Price will be steeply less as the car will be bought and registered in Jharkhand and will be used in Chattisgarh.
Options Considered as per preference:
1. Skoda Superb 1.8TSi MT
2. Volkswagen Jetta 2.0TD Highline MT
3. Chevrolet Cruze LTZ MT
4. Volkswagen Passat 2.0TD Trendline
5. Honda Accord 2.4 MT
Please suggest fellow petrolheads.