• Angry
  • Awesome
  • Hungry
  • Secret
  • Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Dad's Dilemma : Which Luxury Saloon? Edit : Bought Mercedes Benz C200 (W205)

Global Moderator
      not aware that he can set his status here!

Hungry

Quote Originally Posted by 555 View Post
      doesn't the 2011 Passat comes only in AT?..I think the MT has been discontinued for the current model.
      Quote Originally Posted by cbvijay View Post
      Yes the Passat comes only in AT model. Also there is no middle variant.
      According to ACI & some other Magazines Passat does have a Trendline MT but the ebrochure only mentions CL & HL variants.
      This variant is only in consideration. Any ideas how its equipped?

Quote Originally Posted by nfspoet View Post
      Their annual drive is about 10K km as stated, and since he's considering the Accord and Passat both, I guess petrol or diesel both suits their bill.
      Consider buying and running Superb MT against the Passat Trendline MT. The price difference is around 2.2-2.5 lacs. Superb will be fully loaded and Passat will have base trim levels. Still if we ignore the features and buy the Passat just to recover the fuel expenses, will it be sensible as per 4 years of running @10-12k kms per annum? Also take account of maintenance costs.
      2015 Mercedes-Benz C200 Avantgarde
      2016 Hyundai Creta SX(O)
      2014 Tata Safari Storme EX
      2014 Hyundai Elite i20 Asta:
      Nexus 7 -> AK4490EQ -> miniDSP C-DSP| DLS A2 | Audible Physics RAM3a | Boston GT2125
      | Vaani Vector 6.5mkII | Rockford Fosgate T400-2 | Morel Ultimo SC

StarScream
      You don't say...!!!

Awesome

I do not know the performance specs of either Superb or Passat, but if i assume Superb P @ 9kmpl and Pssat D @ 13, then
      13000km for:
      Passat= 45000 INR
      Superb= 94000 INR
      The maintenace and repairs of Skoda and VW should be near bout the same but the P and D service diff would be considerable.
      So your saving say about 40K INR with the Passat in running cost. For 4 years, that equals roughly say 1.5L INR .
      Given you initially over spent 2.5L INR for Pass and that Disel maintenance is higher, the Passat will prob cost you bout 1.5L INR more than the Superb P.
      Last edited by NFSpoet; 1st Dec 2011 at 18:39.
      www.WordWorld.pw
      www.NFSpoet.blogspot.com
      www.facebook.com/NFSzone
      www.MeAgainstWords.blogspot.com

Global Moderator

Hungry

I do not know the performance specs of either Superb or Passat, but if i assume Superb P @ 9kmpl and Pssat D @ 13, then
      13000km for:
      Passat= 45000 INR
      Superb= 94000 INR
      The maintenace and repairs of Skoda and VW should be near bout the same but the P and D service diff would be considerable.
      So your saving say about 40K INR with the Passat in running cost. For 4 years, that equals roughly say 1.5L INR .
      Given you initially over spent 2.5L INR for Pass and that Disel maintenance is higher, the Passat will prob cost you bout 1.5L INR more than the Superb P.
      This means buying a Passat doesn't makes sense at all. The Superb is better equipped with all the bells and whistles of a 40 lack luxury car with almost half the price tag. Passat is severely overpriced. Period. Passat is out of the league.
      2016 Hyundai Creta SX(O)
      Nexus 7 -> AK4490EQ -> miniDSP C-DSP| DLS A2 | Audible Physics RAM3a | Boston GT2125

StarScream
      You don't say...!!!

Awesome

well my calculations made a lot of assumptions. Were the performance spects near to the actual ones?

Also, one thing. The Supoerb is an aged model, while the Passat is kinda new.
      So 4 years down the road, while the current Passat might still be selling (maybe with a slight facelift) the Superb would surely have been revamped significantly.
      So, if you plan to retain the car for more than 4 years, it would feel old and sad on the road IMO
      www.WordWorld.pw
      www.NFSpoet.blogspot.com
      www.facebook.com/NFSzone
      www.MeAgainstWords.blogspot.com

Support Donkey
      Turbo Lag - Giving the NA guys
      just 1 extra second of false
      hope :p

Awesome

What you aren't counting is the fact that should the Superb give you any trouble, the money you save on the Passat will look negligible when you have run from home to the showroom. And see your car parked at the showroom. Almost everyone I know who bought a Superb has had one major issue or the other. And Skodas callous attitude doesn't make things easy.

I recently wanted to TD the Laura and these guys didn't even have the courtesy to send the TD cars. If they are so casual about a 15L car sale, I only shudder to think what they will do when something on the car fails.

But then again if you are going to run the car only 10k a year, diesels might not be such a good idea.

Why not check out the Kizashi? It's a brilliant car, that is being marketed by the wrong company in India. I would buy that anyday over the Accord!

And personally I see spending 20L on a Skoda a big risk.

TD all the cars. List the pros & cons and then see how it goes!

If I was in your place I'd chose the Passat if I wanted a diesel & the Kizashi if I was looking for a petrol.

Rabid Dog Club
      Giving excuses!

Awesome

Blog Entries
      Go for Superb...All Skoda horror stories are hearsay and more of street talks....All cars prone to get problems so Skoda is no different here

Acquisition is going to be only in March...so wait....don't decide now....You will get hefty discounts in 2011 model in March 2012
      Toyota Camry MT|TATA Safari EX 4x2

Rabid Dog Club - bite first, bark later :-P

“The auto industry is not a charity that produces widgets for driving enthusiasts.”

Global Moderator

Hungry

Also, one thing. The Supoerb is an aged model, while the Passat is kinda new.
      So 4 years down the road, while the current Passat might still be selling (maybe with a slight facelift) the Superb would surely have been revamped significantly.
      So, if you plan to retain the car for more than 4 years, it would feel old and sad on the road IMO
      The current car market scenario is that every car model has a facelift in every 2-3 years. Well, one can't say its bad but its a part of a product cycle.
      Take the example of our Verna, ours is the first version. There are 3 facelifts in the product cycle. However, in the used car market the diesel retains a good value. Sales of Passat is nothing to write home about. This could affect in the resale value as one investing 22-26 lacs on a sedan will not get get the desired resale in future just because its a failure in the market. On the other hand one can predict the future resale value of the Superb because it has a good market, monthly sales figures and being the king of the segment. I've researched for some used Superbs of circa 2009-10 and the resale value looks good compared to Accord and other competitors. I don't think Superb Facelift will come before mid or end 2013.

Quote Originally Posted by mclaren1885 View Post
      What you aren't counting is the fact that should the Superb give you any trouble, the money you save on the Passat will look negligible when you have run from home to the showroom. And see your car parked at the showroom. Almost everyone I know who bought a Superb has had one major issue or the other. And Skodas callous attitude doesn't make things easy.

I recently wanted to TD the Laura and these guys didn't even have the courtesy to send the TD cars. If they are so casual about a 15L car sale, I only shudder to think what they will do when something on the car fails.
      This is an issue. I've driven my BIL's Superb TSi AT and was quite impressed. He hasn't faced any problems so far and the car is almost 2 years old . But that's an exception. Most of the prominent issues are DSG Failure, Battery Drain and Oil consumption in first 10k kms.

Why not check out the Kizashi? It's a brilliant car, that is being marketed by the wrong company in India. I would buy that anyday over the Accord!
      How did I missed that. Its a Jap and utmost a Maruti Suzuki. There's a white Kizashi in my city and the car looks good.
      Will check with the dealer.

And personally I see spending 20L on a Skoda a big risk.
      It is a risk although A.S.S. in Raipur is known to be good. Will gather some feedbacks in my circle.
      2016 Hyundai Creta SX(O)

Global Moderator

Hungry

2016 Hyundai Creta SX(O)

Support Donkey
      Turbo Lag - Giving the NA guys
      just 1 extra second of false
      hope :p

Awesome

It's true, IIRC Hormadz Sorabjee had also tweeted about the same recently.

No sunroof, no leather seats etc & will be around 1.5L cheaper.

Awesome

since you want the car by march,i say wait till Jan/Feb and then decide..u never know there can be new launches during the Auto Expo.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread Information