Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How to identify a genuine RC Book

Stuck in Libya!

How to identify a genuine RC Book

As you are all aware, the design of the RC (Registration Certificate) varies from State to State. We are quite familiar with the documents from our own States but what if you are buying an out of State vehicle. How to tell if the documents are genuine or not? I faced this problem when inspecting a Delhi registered bike. The RC was just a single page (computerised). I will post some copies of genuine Goa RC's for reference and it would be good if all can do the same from your respective states. Just block out the sensitive data from the documents.
    The only people who have a problem with FIAT are those who have never owned one!

2. Likes shishirbn liked this post
    not aware that he can set his status here!

I guess your concern is solved with the below link,

| V A H A N | National Register e-Services |

It's a govt initiative to bring all the data of RTO of all the states in India under this website. You need to have the registration and Chassis numbers to find the details of the vehicle.

Existing Owner, Previous owner(s) and all other details of a genuine registration can be found here. Helpful if you are buying a used vehicle.

Hope this helps.

4. Likes manju100, shishirbn liked this post
    Rabid Dog Club
    Giving excuses!

Blog Entries
    this will help but this will not tell whether RC book is fake or original....

For a stolen cars one can easily make a fake RC book and sell as most of the car will have a photocopy of RC inside the car using this once can make a near original copy
    Toyota Camry MT|TATA Safari EX 4x2

Rabid Dog Club - bite first, bark later :-P

“The auto industry is not a charity that produces widgets for driving enthusiasts.”

Stuck in Libya!

Quote Originally Posted by autobot View Post
    I guess your concern is solved with the below link,

| V A H A N | National Register e-Services |

It's a govt initiative to bring all the data of RTO of all the states in India under this website. You need to have the registration and Chassis numbers to find the details of the vehicle.

Existing Owner, Previous owner(s) and all other details of a genuine registration can be found here. Helpful if you are buying a used vehicle.

Hope this helps.
    Thanks for the link but as camchennai says...

Quote Originally Posted by camchennai View Post
    this will help but this will not tell whether RC book is fake or original....

For a stolen cars one can easily make a fake RC book and sell as most of the car will have a photocopy of RC inside the car using this once can make a near original copy
    Here's a copy of my i10 RC Book.

Name:  i10 RC001.jpg
Views: 2417
Size:  31.9 KB

Name:  i10 RC002.jpg
Views: 2378
Size:  62.4 KB

Name:  i10 RC003.jpg
Views: 2374
Size:  84.7 KB

Name:  i10 RC004.jpg
Views: 2405
Size:  77.5 KB

Name:  i10 RC005.jpg
Views: 2370
Size:  77.1 KB
    Last edited by Godfather; 9th Jan 2012 at 15:05. Reason: Moving Pics Inline
    The only people who have a problem with FIAT are those who have never owned one!

7. Likes shishirbn, Pradeep, KRRaj and 1 others liked this post
    Stuck in Libya!

How about some contributions from your side guys. Identifying a genuine RC will be useful when buying out of state vehicles.

No more powers.. damn you
    mclaren

Quote Originally Posted by P3T3R View Post
    How about some contributions from your side guys.
    dont have a RC for both the Endy and the i20. we have the smartcard which contains all data of the vehicle.

i do not think this can be duplicated.

10. Likes shishirbn liked this post
    Global Moderator
    Driving Worlds fastest truck!!

Yes almost from 2 years IIRC in Bangalore, all the RC books are in the form of Smartcards
    Try walking into YOUR car rather than crawling. For me walking is always best ---GURU SHISHIR

not aware that he can set his status here!

I guess you can buy vehicle with smart cards without any issues. People in Bangalore have forgot seeing a RC Book, even a Driving License for that matter on paper nowadays.

But with older vehicles this may not be the case. Not sure if the RTO's which have implemented smart cards(IIRC Bangalore, Bombay) have specified a deadline to update all vehicles with RC books to Smart cards.

Also the above link I shared may not update if the vehicle is stolen. May be some one who has lost his vehicle can check and confirm

I personally have never bought a second hand till now. So am not sure of the procedure followed. Once sold I just ensure the vehicle registration is transferred to the new owner. If you are buying from the original owner checking the RC book should not be a problem, But when would you buy it from a third person or from a different state you still deal with the owner or a reputed second hand dealer who can let you talk to the original owner, right ?
    Last edited by autobot; 9th Jan 2012 at 15:51.

Stuck in Libya!

Quote Originally Posted by Godfather View Post
    dont have a RC for both the Endy and the i20. we have the smartcard which contains all data of the vehicle.

i do not think this can be duplicated.
    Quote Originally Posted by shishirbn View Post
    Yes almost from 2 years IIRC in Bangalore, all the RC books are in the form of Smartcards
    Goa has not started issuing Smartcard RC's. Surprising as it was the first State to start Smart Card Driving Licences.

Quote Originally Posted by autobot View Post
    I guess you can buy vehicle with smart cards without any issues. People in Bangalore have forgot seeing a RC Book, even a Driving License for that matter on paper nowadays.

But with older vehicles this may not be the case. Not sure if the RTO's which have implemented smart cards(IIRC Bangalore, Bombay) have specified a deadline to update all vehicles with RC books to Smart cards.

Also the above link I shared may not update if the vehicle is stolen. May be some one who has lost his vehicle can check and confirm

I personally have never bought a second hand till now. So am not sure of the procedure followed. Once sold I just ensure the vehicle registration is transferred to the new owner. If you are buying from the original owner checking the RC book should not be a problem, But when would you buy it from a third person or from a different state you still deal with the owner or a reputed second hand dealer who can let you talk to the original owner, right ?
    The problem only arises if you want a 2nd hand vehicle from out of state. A friend was purchasing an Enfield from a foreigner. The RC was not in his name and was a piece of paper with the details printed. How am I supposed to know if it is genuine or not? I've never seen a Delhi RC before.

StarScream
    You don't say...!!!

In Delhi too we've had smart cards for quite a while now.
    www.WordWorld.pw
    www.NFSpoet.blogspot.com
    www.facebook.com/NFSzone
    www.MeAgainstWords.blogspot.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information