• Angry
  • Awesome
  • Hungry
  • Secret
  • Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Results 1 to 10 of 18

    Thread: How to identify a genuine RC Book

    1. #1
      Waiting for orders in
      Amsterdam!
       
      Awesome
       
      P3T3R's Avatar
      Join Date
      Mar 2010
      Location
      Margao, India
      Posts
      942

      How to identify a genuine RC Book

      As you are all aware, the design of the RC (Registration Certificate) varies from State to State. We are quite familiar with the documents from our own States but what if you are buying an out of State vehicle. How to tell if the documents are genuine or not? I faced this problem when inspecting a Delhi registered bike. The RC was just a single page (computerised). I will post some copies of genuine Goa RC's for reference and it would be good if all can do the same from your respective states. Just block out the sensitive data from the documents.
      The only people who have a problem with FIAT are those who have never owned one!

    2. #2
      not aware that he can set his status here!
       
      Awesome
       

      Join Date
      Nov 2011
      Posts
      24
      I guess your concern is solved with the below link,

      | V A H A N | National Register e-Services |

      It's a govt initiative to bring all the data of RTO of all the states in India under this website. You need to have the registration and Chassis numbers to find the details of the vehicle.

      Existing Owner, Previous owner(s) and all other details of a genuine registration can be found here. Helpful if you are buying a used vehicle.

      Hope this helps.

    3. #3
      Rabid Dog Club
      Giving excuses!
       
      Awesome
       
      camchennai's Avatar
      Join Date
      Nov 2010
      Location
      City of Super Kings!!!
      Posts
      10,315
      Blog Entries
      1
      this will help but this will not tell whether RC book is fake or original....

      For a stolen cars one can easily make a fake RC book and sell as most of the car will have a photocopy of RC inside the car using this once can make a near original copy
      Toyota Camry MT|TATA Safari EX 4x2

      Rabid Dog Club - bite first, bark later :-P

      “The auto industry is not a charity that produces widgets for driving enthusiasts.”

    4. #4
      Waiting for orders in
      Amsterdam!
       
      Awesome
       
      P3T3R's Avatar
      Join Date
      Mar 2010
      Location
      Margao, India
      Posts
      942
      Quote Originally Posted by autobot View Post
      I guess your concern is solved with the below link,

      | V A H A N | National Register e-Services |

      It's a govt initiative to bring all the data of RTO of all the states in India under this website. You need to have the registration and Chassis numbers to find the details of the vehicle.

      Existing Owner, Previous owner(s) and all other details of a genuine registration can be found here. Helpful if you are buying a used vehicle.

      Hope this helps.
      Thanks for the link but as camchennai says...

      ...
      Quote Originally Posted by camchennai View Post
      this will help but this will not tell whether RC book is fake or original....

      For a stolen cars one can easily make a fake RC book and sell as most of the car will have a photocopy of RC inside the car using this once can make a near original copy
      Here's a copy of my i10 RC Book.

      Name:  i10 RC001.jpg
Views: 3406
Size:  31.9 KB

      Name:  i10 RC002.jpg
Views: 3359
Size:  62.4 KB

      Name:  i10 RC003.jpg
Views: 3354
Size:  84.7 KB

      Name:  i10 RC004.jpg
Views: 3387
Size:  77.5 KB

      Name:  i10 RC005.jpg
Views: 3351
Size:  77.1 KB
      Last edited by Godfather; 9th Jan 2012 at 16:05. Reason: Moving Pics Inline
      The only people who have a problem with FIAT are those who have never owned one!

    5. #5
      Waiting for orders in
      Amsterdam!
       
      Awesome
       
      P3T3R's Avatar
      Join Date
      Mar 2010
      Location
      Margao, India
      Posts
      942
      How about some contributions from your side guys. Identifying a genuine RC will be useful when buying out of state vehicles.
      The only people who have a problem with FIAT are those who have never owned one!

    6. #6
      I will not fix your Post!!
       
      Awesome
       
      Godfather's Avatar
      Join Date
      Nov 2009
      Location
      Bangalore
      Posts
      7,725
      Quote Originally Posted by P3T3R View Post
      How about some contributions from your side guys.
      dont have a RC for both the Endy and the i20. we have the smartcard which contains all data of the vehicle.

      i do not think this can be duplicated.

    7. #7
      Global Moderator
      Driving Worlds fastest truck!!
       
      Awesome
       
      shishirbn's Avatar
      Join Date
      Dec 2009
      Location
      Namma BENGALURU
      Posts
      18,978
      Yes almost from 2 years IIRC in Bangalore, all the RC books are in the form of Smartcards
      Try walking into YOUR car rather than crawling. For me walking is always best ---GURU SHISHIR

    8. #8
      not aware that he can set his status here!
       
      Awesome
       

      Join Date
      Nov 2011
      Posts
      24
      I guess you can buy vehicle with smart cards without any issues. People in Bangalore have forgot seeing a RC Book, even a Driving License for that matter on paper nowadays.

      But with older vehicles this may not be the case. Not sure if the RTO's which have implemented smart cards(IIRC Bangalore, Bombay) have specified a deadline to update all vehicles with RC books to Smart cards.

      Also the above link I shared may not update if the vehicle is stolen. May be some one who has lost his vehicle can check and confirm

      I personally have never bought a second hand till now. So am not sure of the procedure followed. Once sold I just ensure the vehicle registration is transferred to the new owner. If you are buying from the original owner checking the RC book should not be a problem, But when would you buy it from a third person or from a different state you still deal with the owner or a reputed second hand dealer who can let you talk to the original owner, right ?
      Last edited by autobot; 9th Jan 2012 at 16:51.

    9. #9
      Waiting for orders in
      Amsterdam!
       
      Awesome
       
      P3T3R's Avatar
      Join Date
      Mar 2010
      Location
      Margao, India
      Posts
      942
      Quote Originally Posted by Godfather View Post
      dont have a RC for both the Endy and the i20. we have the smartcard which contains all data of the vehicle.

      i do not think this can be duplicated.
      Quote Originally Posted by shishirbn View Post
      Yes almost from 2 years IIRC in Bangalore, all the RC books are in the form of Smartcards
      Goa has not started issuing Smartcard RC's. Surprising as it was the first State to start Smart Card Driving Licences.

      Quote Originally Posted by autobot View Post
      I guess you can buy vehicle with smart cards without any issues. People in Bangalore have forgot seeing a RC Book, even a Driving License for that matter on paper nowadays.

      But with older vehicles this may not be the case. Not sure if the RTO's which have implemented smart cards(IIRC Bangalore, Bombay) have specified a deadline to update all vehicles with RC books to Smart cards.

      Also the above link I shared may not update if the vehicle is stolen. May be some one who has lost his vehicle can check and confirm

      I personally have never bought a second hand till now. So am not sure of the procedure followed. Once sold I just ensure the vehicle registration is transferred to the new owner. If you are buying from the original owner checking the RC book should not be a problem, But when would you buy it from a third person or from a different state you still deal with the owner or a reputed second hand dealer who can let you talk to the original owner, right ?
      The problem only arises if you want a 2nd hand vehicle from out of state. A friend was purchasing an Enfield from a foreigner. The RC was not in his name and was a piece of paper with the details printed. How am I supposed to know if it is genuine or not? I've never seen a Delhi RC before.
      The only people who have a problem with FIAT are those who have never owned one!

    10. #10
      StarScream
      You don't say...!!!
       
      Awesome
       
      NFSpoet's Avatar
      Join Date
      Aug 2011
      Location
      Zenn-la
      Posts
      2,403
      In Delhi too we've had smart cards for quite a while now.
      www.WordWorld.pw
      www.NFSpoet.blogspot.com
      www.facebook.com/NFSzone
      www.MeAgainstWords.blogspot.com


    Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

    Thread Information

    Users Browsing this Thread

    There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

    Similar Threads

    1. Gearheads Book Club
      By aj32 in forum General
      Replies: 110
      Last Post: 23rd Jan 2015, 19:34
    2. How to identify worn out clutch ? Advice and tips needed
      By rajesh.zipPlus in forum Engines & Transmissions
      Replies: 45
      Last Post: 26th Jun 2014, 15:41
    3. Replies: 73
      Last Post: 29th Oct 2011, 15:32
    4. Replies: 0
      Last Post: 20th Jan 2011, 12:29
    5. Planning to Book Punto MJD E+
      By teky in forum Hatchbacks
      Replies: 41
      Last Post: 14th Dec 2010, 15:36

    Bookmarks

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •