Thread: TVS Motors to relaunch "Victor"

Rabid Dog Club
    Giving excuses!

Blog Entries

TVS Motors to relaunch "Victor"

Victor was the first indigenously developed motor bike by Chennai based TVS Motor Company, post snapping 20 year alliance with Suzuki, TVS came up with this product. Some section of the media also claims that this is the first 4-stroke bike developed in India. TVS unlike other Indian companies has always been investing heavily on R & D, Victor came with few of the industry first features like rectangular swing arm and Econometer (Economy & power model indicator). Victor GL was launched in 2001 and it carried a 45 days waiting period for the first 6 months, I was also one of the buyer

Name:  Victor GL.jpeg
Views: 1384
Size:  20.4 KB

ENGINE & TRANSMISSION
    Type 4-Stroke. Air-Cooled OHC
    CC 109.3 cc
    Max. Power 9 kW (8.1 bhp) @ 7250 rpm
    Max. Torque 8.1 Nm @ 5500 rpm
    Bore & Stroke 51 mm x 53.5 mm
    Compression Ratio 9.3:1
    Transmission 4-speed constant mesh

SUSPENSION
    Front Telescopic Oil-Damped;
    110 mm travel
    Rear Hydraulic with Co-axial
    Spring 75 mm travel, with 5-Strp

CAPACITIES
    Fuel tank capacity 11 liters
    Fuel Reserve 3 liters
    Fuel Reserve 2.5 liters

BRAKES & WHEELS
    Front Brake 130 mm Drum
    Rear Brake 110 mm Drum
    Front Tyre 2.75 x 17
    Rear Tyre 3.00 x 17

ELECTRICAL
    Head Lamp 12V. 35/35W
    Tail Brake Lamp 12V. 5W
    Turn Signals 12V. 10W
    Ignition systems Digital Ignition

DIMENSION & WEIGHT
    Wheelbase 1200 mm
    Kerb Weight 113 Kgs

In 2004, TVS gave a face-lift to their product and launched Victor GX. The new version 'Victor GX' will boast of a slew of improvements including 'Dura Life' engine, to enhance the engine life of the motorcycle. Victor GX will also sport a new look with vibrant colours and lazer Streak Body graphics that will be a stunner on the roads.

The new 'DURA LIFE' engine of Victor GX has been built with:
    • Coated Anti friction piston rings for long trouble free engine performance.
    • Easier kick-start with longer kick lever and improved kick mechanism.
    • Mapped digital ignition and optimized carburetor for consistent good mileage.
    • New all up gear system for comfortable gear shifting.
    • New clutch plate design provides smoother power transmission and low maintenance.
    In addition, the Victor GX will continue to possess other qualities of its predecessor TVS Victor GL such as:
    • Rectangular Swing Arm for Superior Ride and Handling,
    • Ride Switch - Effortless adjustment of shock absorber to suit road condition and pillion ride,
    • Anti Skid Special Compound Tyres that will allow it to hug the road with vice like grip,
    • Econometer for total control over mileage with its economy and power modes.

Added to this face-list, TVS launched 125 CC engine in Victor. The all-new 125 cc 4-Stroke Victor GLX comes with the revolutionary Variable Timing intelligent engines (VT-i) and has been designed for the urban customers on the lookout for a peppy motorcycle combining both economy and performance. The Victor GLX 125 promises to be a 'traffic stopper' with its dual tone graphics in striking bright colours on a bigger and dynamic styling. Victor GLX 125 is propelled by the VT-i engines, the revolutionary new generation four-stroke engines developed in-house by TVS Motor Company. The VT-i engines are designed to deliver superb performance on fuel efficiency and torque delivery. The other unique features of Victor GLX 125 include bigger clear lens speedometer, Aircraft style petrol tank lid, stylish die cast pillion footrest, a sporty silencer in chrome with heat shielder etc. The angular clear lens and dominating multi reflector headlamp and the side stand alarm adds to the safety of the rider.

Name:  Victor-Glx-1.jpg
Views: 2134
Size:  51.4 KB

ENGINE & TRANSMISSION
    Type 4-Stroke. Air-Cooled OHC
    CC 124.8 cc
    Max. Power 7.36 kW (10 bhp) @ 7500 rpm
    Max. Torque 9.8 Nm @ 6000 rpm
    Bore & Stroke 54.5 x 53.5 mm
    Compression Ratio 9.2:1
    Transmission 4-speed constant mesh

SUSPENSION
    Front Telescopic Oil-Damped;
    105 mm travel
    Rear Gas Filled Stock Absorbers
    With Co-axial Spring
    75 mm travel, with 5-Strp

CAPACITIES
    Fuel tank capacity 13 liters
    Fuel Reserve 2.5 liters

BRAKES & WHEELS
    Alloy Wheel with Disc Brake (Drum Brake Optional)
    Front Brake 240 mm Disc
    Rear Brake 130 mm Drum
    Front Tyre 2.75 x 17
    Rear Tyre 3.00 x 17

ELECTRICAL
    Head lamp 12V. 35/35, Halogen Bulb
    Tail lamp 12V. 5/21W
    Turn Signals 12V. 10W
    Ignition systems Digital Ignition

DIMENSION & WEIGHT
    Wheelbase 1260 mm
    Kerb Weight 122 Kgs

Yesterday TVS Motor Company has announced the re-launch of its one of the best selling motorcycles 'Victor' in India in December, besides introducing three more products in 2012. TVS Motor Company President (Marketing) H S Goindi as saying "Victor is making a comeback. It was good brand for us and its brand equity is still very strong." TVS had discontinued the Victor four years back and was replaced by Centra. "At that point of time, we thought of trying out a new model, but now we believe that Victor still has a lot of customer demand," he said.

The 125cc Victor will be among the four models that are planned to hit the Indian roads this year, Goindi said. "We will also launch another 125cc bike and a 125cc scooter in 2012," he added. Besides, TVS Motor Company will also unveil and test market a hybrid scooter 'Qube' from June this year that will be commercially launched in 2013. "The hybrid scooter is expected to be priced around Rs 60,000-Rs 70,000," Goindi said. He also mentioned "TVS is working on a motorcycle of engine capacity between 250cc and 300cc. It may take 18-24 months to launch."

Will TVS Motor Company able to survive in this segment which is already seeing too much competition?? Also their previous attempts to enter this segment with Flame was big flop. Hero MotorCorp, Bajaj and Honda are already dominating this segment, will TVS bring any change??
    Toyota Camry MT|TATA Safari EX 4x2

Rabid Dog Club - bite first, bark later :-P

“The auto industry is not a charity that produces widgets for driving enthusiasts.”

2. Likes KRRaj, roadracer liked this post

a.k.a AntiFigoRacer

Quote Originally Posted by camchennai View Post
    it carried a 45 days waiting period for the first 6 months, I was also one of the buyer
    lol! I was also one of the buyer . But got it in 2004 so had only a 7 day waiting period. It was a VFM product. Consistently gave me 65km/ltr.
    TATA Indica Vista Quadrajet (2009) | Suzuki GS 150R (2010) | TVS Wego (2011) | TVS Victor GL (2004) - SOLD

Global Moderator
    Driving Worlds fastest truck!!

It had a good punch in that category when it was launched compared to Splender, Passion CD 100SS etc which had 7.1BHP to 7.7bhp.

But now will it have a chance to take the market??
    Try walking into YOUR car rather than crawling. For me walking is always best ---GURU SHISHIR

Thought Process

Quote Originally Posted by roadracer View Post
    lol! I was also one of the buyer . But got it in 2004 so had only a 7 day waiting period. It was a VFM product. Consistently gave me 65km/ltr.
    i too have one purchased in 2002 after selling the donkey bike i.e splendor. victor was the first to sport micro chip type digital ignition with flat torque owing to which it never knocks even in 4th gear @ speeds of 20kmph. splendor is the knock king outdated technology.

also i used to get mileage of 84kmpl initially which settled to 78 after tyre upgrade and later at 72 after exhaust upgrade.

very comfortable to drive too. just it looks odd.

6. Thanks roadracer thanked for this post
    Likes camchennai liked this post

a.k.a AntiFigoRacer

Quote Originally Posted by Italia-Linea View Post
    i too have one purchased in 2002 after selling the donkey bike i.e splendor. victor was the first to sport micro chip type digital ignition with flat torque owing to which it never knocks even in 4th gear @ speeds of 20kmph. splendor is the knock king outdated technology.

also i used to get mileage of 84kmpl initially which settled to 78 after tyre upgrade and later at 72 after exhaust upgrade.
    That's a great mileage. The max that I got was around 72. Agree it never used to knock. I very rarely used to down-shift to 2nd/1st gear in the stop-start traffic of Chennai. We can easily manage the stop-start traffic in 3rd gear. Never know about the micro chip ignition. Thanks for that info.

After driving Victor it took me sometime to adjust to GS150R.

Guys - I see Victor GLX 125 on the TVS website but under the section international range. So, looks like there were selling in some I'national market(probably S.E Asia) and will bring the same model to India.

TVS Motor

There is also a Victor GX 100.

TVS Motor

camchennai - I suspect that picture that you had put of Victor is the GX 100 model and not the GLX 125 model.

Will TVS Motor Company able to survive in this segment which is already seeing too much competition?? Also their previous attempts to enter this segment with Flame was big flop
    Flame had an issue w.r.t patent. Bajaj complained that TVS copied its DTSi technology for use in Flame.

http://www.rediff.com/money/2007/dec/21tvs.htm

And then TVS relaunched Flame without the twin-spark technology but by then the damage was done and Flame never captured the market.

TVS launches Flame SR 125 sans twin-spark plug tech
    Last edited by roadracer; 11th Jan 2012 at 21:21.
    TATA Indica Vista Quadrajet (2009) | Suzuki GS 150R (2010) | TVS Wego (2011) | TVS Victor GL (2004) - SOLD

Rabid Dog Club
    Giving excuses!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by roadracer View Post
    And then TVS relaunched Flame without the twin-spark technology but by then the damage was done and Flame never captured the market.
    Even RE launched with Twin spark technology, why Bajaj din't file a case against RE??
    Toyota Camry MT|TATA Safari EX 4x2

Rabid Dog Club - bite first, bark later :-P

“The auto industry is not a charity that produces widgets for driving enthusiasts.”

a.k.a AntiFigoRacer

Even RE launched with Twin spark technology, why Bajaj din't file a case against RE??
    Not sure cammy. But TVS were able to win the case and they relaunched the twin spark plug version of the Flame in Nov-2009.

TVS re-launches Twin Spark Plug "Flame"

TVS FLAME DS 125 - Twin Spark Plug Version
    TVS FLAME SR 125 - Single Spark Plug Version

Thread Information