• Angry
  • Awesome
  • Hungry
  • Secret
  • Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: FINALLY I ROCKED MY WORLD......Yoohooooo.....

Thought Process

Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by RamboV View Post
      what amp is it... please tell ....
      it was my previous Sony amp- nothing much to write about this 3000rs amp

i removed it, dismantelled it , used my heat gun + brush + rubbing alcohol, cleaned it perfectly and put it back to service

2 stroke junkie !!

Awesome

Well thought about updating this thread after long time.

Quiet a few things changed since my last update here.

1. Sub amp has been changed to Focal 2300 rx long time back and its rocking the sub beautifully.
      2. Changed the HU from Alpine 117 to Pioneer 80prs and I am enjoying this change over.

Rest of the things are same and the overall setup sounds sweet.
      -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      Pioneer 80PRS +Mercury C-62 + Focal 2300rx + Rockford Fosgate T1000-1bdcp + Focal 33v2 == Musical Bliss !!!!
      --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Common Sense is Instinct, Enough of it is Genius !

2 stroke junkie !!

Awesome

Lets Rock a bit more !!

So I am currently enjoying my system to the T and am happy overall with how it sounds, however a little bug has started to creep into me to go to the next level with my current setup. Yes I know the feeling of constant upgrades is quiet common with ICE and we all are much aware of the feeling, however before venturing into it fully I am thinking of going active with my current setup to see how much better it can/will sound.
      I would need advise from friends here i.e. how to go active and what amps for tweeter (and mid-range speakers which needs to be procured but not immediately) can I go for making the sound sweeter - SQ is what I am after.
      I am listing down the current set of equipment in the car and I think adding a good 4 channel amp should help moving the things forward but which one is the question - budget is tight & hopefully if there are any sweet deals going on which I can hook to in coming months to start things rolling on the floor.

Car - Swift
      HU - Pioneer 80PRS
      Front Comps - DLS RA20 with UP1C tweeters on custom pods "" Pliiar.
      Rear - None
      Sub - Focal 33 v2 in a sealed custom box
      Front Comp Amp - DLS RA 20
      Sub Amp - Focal 2300rx + High Cap
      -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      Pioneer 80PRS +Mercury C-62 + Focal 2300rx + Rockford Fosgate T1000-1bdcp + Focal 33v2 == Musical Bliss !!!!
      --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I asked God for a bike, but I
      know God doesn’t work
      that way. So I stole a bike
      and asked for forgiveness

Awesome

I have been running the tweeters of the HU from a long time now.

You dont need any other equipment to go active, infact you can remove the crossovers.

Also the P80 PRS will not support 4 way active directly, you will need a dsp or a crossover in between 2 pairs of speakers.

People asking for status
      update

Awesome

Get a nice 4 channel amp that gives out at least 80 -100 watts rms per channel. Then ur good to go.

80prs will help you go 3 way active. Front tweeter..mid bass and subwoofer.

2 stroke junkie !!

Awesome

Yea currently holding this thought and looking for a good 4 channel amp to fall into the bin

know God doesn’t work

Awesome

You dont need a new amp.
      You can use your existing amps to go active, you could probably try this before spending any money.

Tweeters directly connected to the rear channnels (high level output) of the HU (without amp)

Speakers (the ones in the front door) will be connected to the HU (low level output) via the amp.
      Sub will stay as it is no need to change.

ENSURE THE HU IS IN NETWORK MODE otherwise you will blow your tweeters.

2 stroke junkie !!

Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by karan6888 View Post
      You dont need a new amp.
      You can use your existing amps to go active, you could probably try this before spending any money.

Tweeters directly connected to the rear channnels (high level output) of the HU (without amp)

Speakers (the ones in the front door) will be connected to the HU (low level output) via the amp.
      Sub will stay as it is no need to change.

ENSURE THE HU IS IN NETWORK MODE otherwise you will blow your tweeters.
      Thank You Karan for your inputs, I am not sure how well the Pioneer 80prs will make the tweeters sound so never gave this idea a shot, however I will try to do this as an experiment and then move to a amp for better cleaner sound inputs to the tweeters.

know God doesn’t work

Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by rahulsharma_7 View Post
      Thank You Karan for your inputs, I am not sure how well the Pioneer 80prs will make the tweeters sound so never gave this idea a shot, however I will try to do this as an experiment and then move to a amp for better cleaner sound inputs to the tweeters.
      I dont think your tweeters will ever use more than 6-10wrms. Infact the gain for the tweeters in my HU is -24db.
      The overall sound might not be as good as an externally amplified tweeter however it beats spending 18-20k for a decent mono (i have a 4 channel).
      I can also not come to terms to the fact that I will be powering the tweeters with 80-100 wrms from an amp.
      Scout for a good tweeter amp they are quite hard to come by though or else try connecting the tweeters directly, its free but be careful and select
      network mode on the HU.

2 stroke junkie !!

Awesome

Cool Still Rocking my World (Updates)

Long time and we have an update - upgraded the speakers now to Mercury 2 way components, happy with the setup. It was time to move to something more which can make me happy, so the obvious choice for ICE installation in Delhi for me was Motor Concepts, I have been one of their early customers and now over the years I have got a lot of work done on my car and also on some of my friends cars.

Aman(Motor Concepts) suggested me to go for Mercury speakers as they were a right fit for my kind of requirements which is crystal clarity and right punch from mid-base to compliment a SQ setup, Aman was willing to give me an audition of the speakers before I could finalize them and once I listened to them I liked them right out of the box. I always make it a point to hear the speaker set once before taking a call (as much as possible) and then decide whether to pick or not, Motor Concepts too recommends to listen to the speakers first before picking them up.

Once the speakers were finalized the next plan was to build custom pods for the tweeters as I love "A" pillar pods, I had them with DLS speakers setup as well.

As expected the outcome of A pillar pods was fantastic and I loved the way the pods have been build, the work done on the car is good and the team there is attentive and takes care of the vehicle they work on, customer focus is always the top priority at this place. I like this place and definitely recommend it for ICE installations to Delhi folks who are not aware of this outlet, Aman is a very patient listener and will recommend something which fits ones budget and requirements, always ready to help in choosing the right gear.

Regarding the Mercury component set - They are very detailed and can surprise many new listeners, I myself was in awe when I listened to them first time, awesome crystal clarity and good mid-base kick from them and they are still opening up with only few hours of playtime to them.

Its been a long journey with ICE upgrades (nothing new to the folks here) - the good thing is I have been very controlled in my upgrades and have kept the brakes on from going berserk in full swing mood.

Coming to that next month will be upgrading the Sub Amp to RF 1000- 1bdcp to give some good and extra healthy massage to the sub

Overall Setup now looks like below.

HU - Pioneer 80PRS

Fronts - Mercury C-62 2 way components

Rears - None

Sub-woofer - Focal 33 v2 in a sealed box

Front Components Amp - DLS RA20

Sub-woofer Amp - Focal 2.300 (to be upgraded to Rockford Fosgate 1000-1bdcp)

Damping - STP (lots of it)

Wiring - 4 AWG (individual kit for each amp)

Now next stage is to "Go Active" in few months time, will move DLS amp for driving tweeters and Focal to drive the mid-base. Lets see how it goes may go in for a DSP if required for the setup - still thinking mode ON.

Few Pics

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	photo 2.JPG 
Views:	29 
Size:	90.5 KB 
ID:	223339Click image for larger version. 

Name:	photo 3.JPG 
Views:	28 
Size:	119.0 KB 
ID:	223340Name:  photo 4.JPG
Views: 128
Size:  164.8 KB

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information