• Angry
  • Awesome
  • Hungry
  • Secret
  • Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Why you feel like upgrading your ICE?

Jai Radhe Maa

Secret

karanbhatia, well said. however, punctuating every sentence with a justification makes for lousy reading. the only person you need to justify yourself to is the one who is financing your hobby. everybody else can shut it. if you keep payint attention to all the chatter, it will only grow louder. just ignore that shit. as long as there is a method to your madness and it makes you happy, continue what you are doing.

you started off as an enthusiastic young kid. stay that way and dont let politics on and off the forum **** that up.
      Last edited by 007; 3rd Mar 2012 at 16:56.

Is now aware that he can set
      his status here.

Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by mclaren1885 View Post
      How does one judge, what is the "real thing" supposed to sound like?
      Obsession, I agree! Technical perfection? I doubt! Being such a subjective topic, defining "perfection" is like searching for a needle in a haystack!
      Most of us don't really know what that "real thing" is supposed to be. Realising this is the first step We can attend concerts and other live performances. But the way most of those sound like (unfortunately) depend on the expertise and personal preferences of the engineer who sets up the sound system. So, based on our experiences, each of us approximate something (that we can't really define to ourselves) to be the "perfect" reproduction, the one that is the most "real". And then we run after this chimera. In other words, we try to achieve an aim that we ourselves are not so sure of. And so we are never sure of how much we have achieved, and we keep stretching to achieve what is left. But doing this is fun. And it keeps us all out of other trouble. There's no denying that, heh heh.

Side Note 1: An unamplified concert should sound good and "right". But somehow, to me, the small unamplified concerts I've attended have never sounded quite "right". One thing that can definitely sound "right" about music, is how the image of it is reproduced: where the singer is, where the guitars are, where the drum kit is, etc. These things are absolutes, and not undefinable things. These things (width-wise and depth-wise) should be reproduced as is in a good setup.

Side Note 2: The pursuit of something that is a product of our mind (= thoughts and illusion) which is considered by the pursuer to be "real" (= truth) is the one thing that will lead to a lot of dissatisfaction. That's something out of the scope of this discussion!

After a point, I think serial upgrades, aren't about music anymore. It becomes "bragging rights". ...
      There's no denying that! I'm quite guilty of it myself!
      Last edited by hydra; 3rd Mar 2012 at 17:19.

Is now aware that he can set
      his status here.

Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by karanbhatia View Post

4) As my dad says to my mom when she asked him why he does not object to this 'addiction' of mine .. " At least he's not doing drugs or something harmful to himself .. let him enjoy his time .. sooner or later he won't have this time "
      Your Dad is indeed a wise man. This is the same thought I use to justify my expensive purchases to myself And I think it is a thought that holds water.

Quote Originally Posted by karanbhatia View Post
      ... and if it is within my physical, financial and intellectual limits to make that experience better in any way, I sure as hell will go on and do it ..
      Agree 100%. As long as it is not immoral or illegal, anything goes! I think this is the approach everyone should take towards anything they are serious about.

not aware that he can set his status here!

Awesome

There is a sure shot way to avoid upgraditis. Or at least postpone it for a while. Revamp at least 90% of your music collection every two months. If you tend to listen to the same music day in and out, even the best system in the world will start to sound plain in a couple of months.
      I don't know what's gonna happen man but I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames

Extinguished GearHead
      Throttle first... Think
      later...

Awesome

karanbhatia - Well said. I think good ICE makes a big difference to the way you drive around as well. Helps calm the nerves most of the time during the long daily commute to office and back.

P.S. Ask your mom to join GH. She'll be proud of the social service you are doing. I'm sure she will herself change your address to Mr. Karan Bhatia, Care of GH Classifieds
      Catch me if you can.....
      '08 Hyundai Verna CRDi

Stark Industries
      Opinion are like Assholes,
      Everyone has one

Hungry

Reasons are as simple as follows:

I got money....I upgrade.... You Got money you also upgrade

I passionate about the music that i hear, hence upgrade to better set-up.... whats your problem...

nothing else i can think off...
      Alto --- Lets Go.... but where ???

http://i52.tinypic.com/4p
      MenTaL Powerrrrrrrrrr !!!

Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by heartstealer View Post
      @hiteshjaswani

lol mention...

Human beings are progressive creatures, they require positive progress, one could always strive to improve his ICE if the resources provide for it..

in simple language what RamboV said..
      TURBO PETROL
      Owner : Dream Audio
      Will be Back with a Bang..

Support Donkey
      Turbo Lag - Giving the NA guys
      just 1 extra second of false
      hope :p

Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by hydra View Post
      Most of us don't really know what that "real thing" is supposed to be. Realising this is the first step
      Yup! That surely is something for all of us to keep in mind! Thanks Anoop, for re-confirming what I thought as well. So I am not alone in this!

Quote Originally Posted by hydra View Post
      But the way most of those sound like (unfortunately) depend on the expertise and personal preferences of the engineer who sets up the sound system
      +1 to that as well.

I wish I could invest in a good HT setup. Unfortunately, living in a rented house makes it inconvenient to take up this endeavour. Till then ICE it is, with the minimalistic of upgrades given the amount I drive out of town! The day we start construction of our house, I shall have a dedicated HT Room and not waste any money on ICE given all the compromises we are forced to make. Anoop, you are one of the few people who have realized this quite early and someone I will look forward to taking advice when the time comes.

karanbhatia - Don't worry about these idiots dude! As long as these dudes aren't paying for your ICE upgrades, don't think you should care!
      2002 Tata Indica DLS.
      2004 Suzuki Zen - A G13B eater.
      2005 Suzuki Baleno - India's fastest Naturally Aspirated Baleno timed on a drag strip officially!
      2008 Suzuki Swift VDi - The Rattle King.
      2011 Chevrolet Cruze - A monster in the making.
      2016 Ford Ecosport 1.5 TDCi Titanium - The SQ Machine in the making.
      2014 MOC SQ Pro Champions.
      Harmonixx Audio Inc - Importers for Audiofrog & Zapco.
      Dealers for Rainbow/Mosconi/Dynaudio/Micro Precision/Audible Physics/AIV/Morel/Flux/PHD/Gladen/Focal/Rockford Fosgate/Dampmat/E4 Damping and more.

www.purplekart.in

Awesome

I feel like upgrading my ice because I have crazy friends like karanbhatia Gilead bamaboy Mi10 Pr_007
      Now I'm the the only guy who has answered to the point
      On a serious note I think everyone has their own choice,a few want to upgrade to feel the next level,a few would have heard a friends set and would want to get a similar one,everyone has their own priorities.
      PURPLEKART.in
      GEARX.in
      Chandru Auto Stores, Chennai
      Go loud or Go home !!!

Jai Radhe Maa

Secret

Quote Originally Posted by hareshjethwani View Post
      I feel like upgrading my ice because I have crazy friends like karanbhatia Gilead bamaboy Mi10 Pr_007
      yeah right. you have a ****ing audio shop!! enough said.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information