• Angry
  • Awesome
  • Hungry
  • Secret
  • Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Why you feel like upgrading your ICE?

Countess Crapula
      not aware that he can set his status here!

Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by hydra View Post
      I think this applies to every hobby and not just ICE. The best thing to do is to let it run its course and enjoy the high of upgraditis horriblis while it lasts. After the high is gone, and we're back to earth, we generally appreciate the music even more.

*** I'm not in the "making music sound as close to the real thing as possible" camp any more. I've realised over time that there is a certain way I like my music to sound. Making it sound that way may not always make it sound like a live performance. Yes, I like my music painted with certain colour and hell, I connect better with it emotionally that way!
      Totally! Some people get joy and pleasure collecting stamps. ICE does it for me. Why, how, when, what, doesn't matter. Period.
      Quote Originally Posted by karanbhatia View Post
      we have a life outside of ICE .. ICE just makes it tad bit enjoyable and the upgrades keep the spices in it .. what's life if you don't have something to look forward to for yourself ...
      Nicely summed up karanbhatia once again proves you got your head square on your shoulders, devarji. But tell me one thing, weekend pe itna lamba reply type kiya?
      The Basshead @ The Tuning Folks

Linea TJet+/JVC-KD AVX77/Helix C-DSP/ Helix A4/ HelixA2/ Helix C62C/Helix P12E
      Without music, life would be a mistake. Friedrich Nietzsche

Car + Audio + Bike = Sane Life
      !

Awesome

Chasing the Never Ending ICE dream !!!!

Well thought about starting a discussion on why some of us keep upgrading frequently our ICE setup's.

Ofcourse nothing wrong with it, but then I am sure there is a concious decision in the first place on what kind of setup one is looking for given the fact now we have mature forums where people do recommend good equipment/products in the first instance.

Or it can be budget constraint intially where a person chooses an entry level product and then later decided to upgrade which is quiet logical.

And then I feel there are some who just upgrade cause they keep listening to too much equipment and want to choose the same things for their cars.

Or there are some who are on good terms with the installers/equipment distributors, so they get a chance to run the new stuff in their cars on experiment basis for some time or they get good discounts on purchasing the new products from them.

Whatever it is, its intersting to know there are soo many of us who just keep upgradading with no end to it, and that too at times with pretty new equipment which has been run for couple of weeks/days only.

So lets pour in on what are your thoughts on this ever chasing ICE dream setup and whats your reason to keep upgrading most of the times.
      Last edited by mclaren1885; 15th Mar 2012 at 12:12. Reason: Threads merged.
      -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      Pioneer 80PRS +Mercury C-62 + Focal 2300rx + Rockford Fosgate T1000-1bdcp + Focal 33v2 == Musical Bliss !!!!
      --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Common Sense is Instinct, Enough of it is Genius !

Countess Crapula

Awesome

Something close to this topic has been thrashed here Why you feel like upgrading your ICE?
      The Basshead @ The Tuning Folks

Linea TJet+/JVC-KD AVX77/Helix C-DSP/ Helix A4/ HelixA2/ Helix C62C/Helix P12E
      Without music, life would be a mistake. Friedrich Nietzsche

Resident Visitor
      You ask any ricer, any serious
      ricer. It doesn't matter if
      the other guy is racing or
      not. A win is a win

Awesome

Ye upgrade when ye are no longer satisfied with the current setup.

This feeling is also aggravated by listening to much better setups.

I had a bare bones setup in my Santro. After getting an altec lansing MX5021 THX speaker system for my home audio and listening to it for some time, I was no longer happy with the setup in my car. Spent some 30K to upgrade the Santro ICE... Later I got the Honda City and ICE'd it up nicely. And Lo! .. the MX5021 started sounding bad. So Next step, I upgraded the home setup with a sherwood amp, Jamo floor standers and a Jamo sub!

Damn.. I aint gonna hear any other setup for a long time!
      Jesus had a Honda.. John 12:49: 'For I did not speak of my own Accord'

2015 Maruti Alto K10 | 2012 Honda City | 2008 Skoda Octavia

2015 Pulsar RS200 | 2014 Yamaha RayZ | 2014 B'Twin

Awesome

Kyunki Shauk badee cheez hai

Never believe it cannot be
      done - it's only that you
      haven't found out how!!!

Hungry

Its just one line.. " when you hear the ICE which is better than your and your keeda wakes up again "
      Pioneer DEX-P99RS | Micro Precision 3.16 | Rainbow SL NG coax | Mosconi AS100.4 | Genesis Profile Sub
      Image Dynamics iD MAX | Rockford Fosgate RFK4D | Gladen 13G & 11G Speaker Wire | NoiseKill/ Dynamat Xtreme
      My installs : www.facebook.com/AudioSymPro, www.AudioSymPro.com
      DampMat : www.facebook.com/Dampmat , www.DampMat.com
      WaterGuard : www.waterguard.in

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread Information