Have added a headlamp wiring harness, and 100/90 bulbs. The stock lighting is not really good enough to do highways at night.
Also added a sun film to the front windscreen, from 3M. Think I made a mistake there, and wish I had not done that. It is curtailing visibility at night.
Also got "3D" mats, cost 6000/-. Costly, but seriously good mats.
And then stocked 2 liters of synthetic in the car, cause the Cruze does drink engine oil.
Audio needs upgrades, but that is for later, once I decide whether to keep the stock HU or not. For now, like the HU, but hate the fact that there is no sub, and no pre outs for a quick fix.
What I like about the car till now -
- Brilliant engine - The growl on throttling makes it sound like a small displacement V6 petrol!
- Brakes - As good as it gets, in a straight line.
- Sun Roof - Love that to bits. Brilliant early in the morning once into the unpolluted Kerala hills.
- Steering - Great to have adjustable rake and reach. Also has audio controls and cruise control on it.
- Seats - Leather wrapped, and cosy.
- Turbo - Spools @1500, good, and low for me.
What I dont like about the car till now -
- Clutch - Acts like a stage 2 clutch, pain to drive in traffic.
- Suspension - The shivajinagar dudes might be able to pull off a better job at a "sporty" suspension.
- Brakes - No real electronics support except for ABS. Brake in a corner, and you better be good at balancing the car. Could also be caused by a high rear bias on the brakes.
- Space - No room anywhere, it is all cramped inside.
Some stats -
FE figure until now - 12.5 kmpl. Get around 13.5 on the highways. ODO @ 2800 now.
Did Whitefield to Trichi town in 4.5 hours last week, including breakfast @ Shoolagiri. The Cruze is that good for high speed drives, if you dont die of a heart attack from the twitchy and extra hard suspension.