• Angry
  • Awesome
  • Hungry
  • Secret
  • Results 1 to 5 of 5

    Thread: Petrol car just for FUN: Polo,I20,Punto,swift or Fiesta Classic

    1. #1

      not aware that he can set his status here!
       
      Awesome
       
      Nitinralli's Avatar
      Join Date
      Aug 2011
      Location
      New Delhi
      Posts
      262

      Petrol car just for FUN: Polo,I20,Punto,swift or Fiesta Classic

      Hey guys,

      i am in the process of buying a new petrol car in the price range of 5-6 lakhs but it has to be a petrol one only.

      Reasons are:
      • Fun to drive.
      • Excellent drive.
      • Good after sales service.
      • Can be modified for better output.
      • Can be modified for better ICE.
      As you can see, i need a car that can be modified to my taste without worrying bout warranty issues etc. Things that i want straight away is, sports exhaust, aftermarket tuner, sexy ICE and little bit of body skirts.

      The price range is 5-6 lakhs. I want a car that has the best drive and can be abused hard sometimes. Since i am not a tech head in terms of all this hence i need an advice which car would suit me best from the list above. Any other car that can fulfill these requirements can be suggested. But the point is, it has to be light on pocket in terms of service and maintenance. This is just gonna be a car that would fulfill my requirements for fun in terms of drive and in terms of ICE.

      When it comes to ICE, i am looking at 3 way active with custom mods for Comps. Also i HAVE TO HAVE a sports exhaust as thats the one i have been looking for, i dont since when. I like the sound which no diesel can do even with an exhaust. This is one of the reason i want this. I know you guys must be thinking what the F%#$. But i want it Its been almost 12 years since i had a petrol car hence i need as much help as i can.

      I am more inclined towards Ford fiesta classic as i own TDCI one and know how it handles. I wish they still had Sports version of it, i would have bought it with eyes closed. Also i couldn't find it in any classified.

      So guys, please suggest me something on this.

    2. #2
      Support Donkey
      Turbo Lag - Giving the NA guys
      just 1 extra second of false
      hope :p
       
      Awesome
       
      mclaren1885's Avatar
      Join Date
      Oct 2009
      Location
      Bangalore
      Posts
      23,190
      The best handling hatch currently is probably the Polo/Fabia. Downside is, neither cars have too much engine mod potential.

      One option to being would be to go through this link, e-mail each one of these tuning outfits and find out what camshafts they have for our engine.

      List of Companies for MkV Aftermarket Parts - VW GTI Forum / VW Rabbit Forum / VW R32 Forum / VW Golf Forum - Golfmkv.com

      The engine code for our Polo Petrol is 1.6 R4 16V 77KW (105 PS) version.

      Exhaust for this car isn't too trivial a thing to do. You can always slap in a good end can that will suit most of your needs.

      As for better suspension, contact Peter of Petes and see if he has Bilsteins for the Polo, I know they have for the Vento.

      Pete's Automotive Products Pvt Limited

      Secondly, the Fiesta Classic P is again a brilliant car. It's a brilliant handling car, probably one of the best handling cars in recent times. With a Bilstein B6 suspension, that car handles like a dream. And I've driven jerish666's Fiesta S with Miltek Exhaust and Bilsteins and it is by the best handling car I've driven in under 10L, period. Only trouble is, the engine isn't too peppy enough and you'd have to find aftermarket camshafts for the Fiesta as well.

      I'd suggest you mail Pumaspeed Independant Ford ST Focus RS MK2 2009 Tuning Specialist, Performance Packages, Parts Fiesta ST150 Focus ST RS Servicing and Remapping, Milltek Sport Cat Back Exhaust prices and ask them if they have camshafts for our Fiesta. Again an exhaust for a Fiesta isn't too trivial a job.

      I'd leave out the i20 and the Punto because they are the least mod friendly among the cars you've listed.

      The new Swift with the K-12 engine is again not mod friendly. If you really want a mod friendly engine then pick up the old Swift with the G-13B engine. That thing has a ton of aftermarket potential.
      2002 Tata Indica DLS.
      2004 Suzuki Zen - A G13B eater.
      2005 Suzuki Baleno - India's fastest Naturally Aspirated Baleno timed on a drag strip officially!
      2008 Suzuki Swift VDi - The Rattle King.
      2011 Chevrolet Cruze - The Torque Monster.
      2016 Ford Ecosport 1.5 TDCi Titanium - The SQ Machine in the making.
      2017 Skoda Octavia VRS - A 400+HP corner craving machine!
      2014 MOC SQ Pro Champions.
      Harmonixx Tuning - Importers for Audiofrog & Arc Audio/APR Tuning Authorized Dealers/Engine Remap Specialists for all makes/models.
      Dealers for Rainbow/Mosconi/Eton/Stetcom/Tru Technology/Blam Audio/Mobridge/Stetsom/Audible Physics/AIV/Gladen/Dampmat/Dr Artex Damping and more.

    3. #3

      I hated HER !!
       
      Awesome
       
      Maahi's Avatar
      Join Date
      Apr 2012
      Location
      Bengaluru
      Posts
      342
      I agree to what mclaren1885 says.. Not cause i own a VW kid but trust me the suspension, handling, mileage and must say Polo and Fabia are sturdy compared to others. German are experts in creating the best cars(Ex-Audi,VW,Skoda)...

      Plus:
      1.Body too strong leaves not scratches for the driver or co
      2.Suspension is so good you dont hear rattles anymore
      3.Mileage is the best, For petrol you need not visit bunks daily
      4.Safety and Security- Your car at any day would be safe
      5.15k is the service interval
      Minus:
      1. VW and Skoda doesnt have good service in India
      2. Salary will be diverted to showroom in case of accidents and also for services,spares
      3.Polo rear is very small which makes 6"feet tough to sit

      Lastly i would say go for POLO..Looks good, runs good and makes you feel good
      "If you r GOOD at something never do it for free"

    4. #4
      what status ?
       
      Awesome
       

      Join Date
      May 2011
      Location
      Tirupati
      Posts
      611
      Quote Originally Posted by Nitinralli View Post
      price range of 5-6 lakhs
      Sorry but i'm confused, Punto 1.4, Polo 1.6, Fiesta Classic are outta this range. Are you looking for a pre-owned one ?


      Quote Originally Posted by Nitinralli View Post
      i need a car that can be modified to my taste without worrying bout warranty issues etc
      Guess a new one, to go by this statement.
      Last edited by targa; 23rd Apr 2012 at 09:28. Reason: gramatical

    5. #5

      not aware that he can set his status here!
       
      Awesome
       
      Nitinralli's Avatar
      Join Date
      Aug 2011
      Location
      New Delhi
      Posts
      262
      Quote Originally Posted by mclaren1885 View Post
      The best handling hatch currently is probably the Polo/Fabia. Downside is, neither cars have too much engine mod potential.

      One option to being would be to go through this link, e-mail each one of these tuning outfits and find out what camshafts they have for our engine.

      List of Companies for MkV Aftermarket Parts - VW GTI Forum / VW Rabbit Forum / VW R32 Forum / VW Golf Forum - Golfmkv.com

      The engine code for our Polo Petrol is 1.6 R4 16V 77KW (105 PS) version.

      Exhaust for this car isn't too trivial a thing to do. You can always slap in a good end can that will suit most of your needs.

      As for better suspension, contact Peter of Petes and see if he has Bilsteins for the Polo, I know they have for the Vento.

      Pete's Automotive Products Pvt Limited

      Secondly, the Fiesta Classic P is again a brilliant car. It's a brilliant handling car, probably one of the best handling cars in recent times. With a Bilstein B6 suspension, that car handles like a dream. And I've driven jerish666's Fiesta S with Miltek Exhaust and Bilsteins and it is by the best handling car I've driven in under 10L, period. Only trouble is, the engine isn't too peppy enough and you'd have to find aftermarket camshafts for the Fiesta as well.

      I'd suggest you mail Pumaspeed Independant Ford ST Focus RS MK2 2009 Tuning Specialist, Performance Packages, Parts Fiesta ST150 Focus ST RS Servicing and Remapping, Milltek Sport Cat Back Exhaust prices and ask them if they have camshafts for our Fiesta. Again an exhaust for a Fiesta isn't too trivial a job.

      I'd leave out the i20 and the Punto because they are the least mod friendly among the cars you've listed.

      The new Swift with the K-12 engine is again not mod friendly. If you really want a mod friendly engine then pick up the old Swift with the G-13B engine. That thing has a ton of aftermarket potential.
      Boy, thanks a lot bro. Thats very useful info.

      I want this to happen in stages. I would like to start off with an exhaust and air filter. Later would like to throw in a tuning box. However i am little scared to change the suspensions as that would be too much for me. Also if i can source a Old fiesta S from one of my friend, then this aspect would be taken care i guess as it had a better suspense than the regular one...right??

      As i have driven Fiesta diesel, i am somehow inclined towards fiesta petrol. I already have a Fabia diesel at home so would like to have something different. Polo is nice choice but what bout there A&$ being finicky about anything installed from outside. Wouldnt all this create a major issue especially after installing an highend ICE too?? Has anyone done some mods with Polo and got away with it? Do you know anyone?
      Quote Originally Posted by targa View Post
      Sorry but i'm confused, Punto 1.4, Polo 1.6, Fiesta Classic are outta this range. Are you looking for a pre-owned one ?



      Guess a new one, to go by this statement.
      Well the car gonna come from canteen so all the above can be sourced around 6 for base models. I only want a base one as i need to jazz it up myself.
      BUT, i dont mind picking up a used car if i can lay my hand on something good..like Fiesta S.

    Thread Information

    Users Browsing this Thread

    There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

    Similar Threads

    1. Replies: 25
      Last Post: 20th Jun 2012, 02:29
    2. Replies: 60
      Last Post: 1st Mar 2012, 21:47
    3. Replies: 38
      Last Post: 17th May 2011, 11:31
    4. Punto MJD vs I20 CRDI vs Polo TDI
      By barneyX in forum Hatchbacks
      Replies: 73
      Last Post: 19th Feb 2011, 15:30
    5. Replies: 20
      Last Post: 22nd Jul 2010, 19:38

    Bookmarks

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •