• Angry
  • Awesome
  • Hungry
  • Secret
  • Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Harman to supply branded audio and infotainment solutions for Tata Motors

Rabid Dog Club
      Giving excuses!

Awesome

Harman to supply branded audio and infotainment solutions for Tata Motors

HARMAN, the premium global audio and infotainment group, announced a strategic multi-year relationship to develop and supply branded audio and infotainment solutions for TATA Motors India’s largest automobile company and parent company of Jaguar Land Rover. The agreement marks the first time an Indian automaker will bring premium branded audio and infotainment systems to the domestic market.

HARMAN will leverage its world-class engineering and development teams to create custom audio, navigation, and multimedia solutions for vehicles across Tata’s model lines. The first Tata vehicle to include HARMAN products will be the limited edition TATA Aria MPV, which will include a premium branded audio system under HARMAN’s JBL brand. The 360-watt JBL sound system features ten speakers with a dedicated subwoofer, and was previewed earlier this year at the New Delhi Auto Expo.

“This agreement with TATA Motors represents a milestone in the growth of branded audio and infotainment system for the Indian market, and we are tremendously proud and honored to be selected by TATA as their trusted supplier,” said Dinesh Paliwal, HARMAN’s Chairman, President and Chief Executive Officer. “Our development teams will work very closely with TATA’s engineering staff to create unique products that will surprise and delight customers. Together, HARMAN and TATA will set a new benchmark in OEM installed sound and infotainment in the domestic Indian market.”

“TATA Motors will intensify the application of the Infotainment and Acoustic Platforms developed by HARMAN and offer world class solutions in this domain in its future Passenger Car platforms both for the Indian and Export Markets. HARMAN’s innovative technologies and large presence in all the premium cars in the world market will help us take our cars to the next level.” said Mr.P.M. Telang, Managing Director – India Operations of Tata Motors.

HARMAN is the leading supplier of advanced connectivity, infotainment, and audio to the world’s automakers, including Audi, BMW, Chrysler, FIAT, Ferrari, General Motors, Hyundai, Kia, Lexus, Land Rover, Mercedes Benz, Porsche, Toyota, and Volkswagen. HARMAN maintains manufacturing and R&D operations around the globe.

Source - Harman
      Toyota Camry MT|TATA Safari EX 4x2

Rabid Dog Club - bite first, bark later :-P

“The auto industry is not a charity that produces widgets for driving enthusiasts.”

Hondameister
      Formerly IITK

Awesome

This is indeed excellent news. Once this gets going Harman products may be much easier to source and possibly cheaper as well. With most vehicles (except for entry level) coming with audio systems standard, the best VFM upgrade is to replace the speakers!
      Drive carefully, the life you save may be your own.
      Honda Civic V AT (2010), Honda Brio V AT 2012
      Hyundai Accent GLS, 2003; Hyundai Santro AT (2005)

not aware that he can set his status here!

Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by sgiitk View Post
      Once this gets going Harman products may be much easier to source and possibly cheaper as well.
      Harman's car audio brand is JBL. They are already very easy to source and cheap as well.
      I don't know what's gonna happen man but I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames

venkidoesitmyself.wordpress.co
      m

Angry

Quote Originally Posted by Gilead View Post
      Harman's car audio brand is JBL. They are already very easy to source and cheap as well.
      Harman has JBL as well as Infinity brand. Saw this news a while back: Harman Int. launches premium automotive speakers| Zigwheels.com , but could not get any further details on this. Anyone seen/used/installed these speakers?

Venki

Hondameister
      Formerly IITK

Awesome

venki7744; Obviously they are using the Infinity label for the Premium stuff. There is a reason; traditionally Japanese speakers are said to be tinny in Europe so differentiating makes good sense. I was familiar with Harman Kardon right from my student days in the mid 1970's. At was an aspirational label since we obviously could not afford them.

One of the laptops (is it Toshiba?) now have Harman speakers as standard.
      Last edited by sgiitk; 1st May 2012 at 11:30. Reason: Typos
      Drive carefully, the life you save may be your own.
      Honda Civic V AT (2010), Honda Brio V AT 2012
      Hyundai Accent GLS, 2003; Hyundai Santro AT (2005)

SoundsGoodAV

Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by sgiitk View Post
      Obviously they are using the Infinity label for the Premium stuff.
      Actually, though JBL starts off at a lower price point, it actually dominates Infinity with respect to product line-up and the league it extends into with respect to its highest-end line-up. True for home as well as car audio.

Ouroboros
      There is no place like

Secret

Does H&K still hold their premium brand tag?
      IIRC, a lot of their recent Home theater products in the last few years got bombed big time. Also if I have my sources right, H&K designs are no longer done by their legendary engineers (at least in the low-mid market products) and instead outsourced lock, stock and barrel to a company who has no real roots in audio engineering.
      CODE6.IN | DigitalVampire.com | XENG.net
      "If there is a god, atheism must seem to god as less of an insult than religion.” --Edmond de Goncour

Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by Digital Vampire View Post
      Does H&K still hold their premium brand tag?
      The HK brand exited car audio a few years ago, so there's no tag left.
      I don't know what's gonna happen man but I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames

Ouroboros
      There is no place like

Secret

Quote Originally Posted by Gilead View Post
      The HK brand exited car audio a few years ago, so there's no tag left.
      Gilead: Not sure whether they really exited out of car audio scene but I thought the Harman Group just aligned businesses under different brand names like Harman Kardon, Mark Levinson, JBL, Becker, Lexicon, Revel, AKG, Infinity, Studer and Soundcraft each catering to different segments. IIRC HK car audio products are still coming in the premium segment automobiles.

Anyways in my previous post, I was talking about the Home Audio/Theater scene.
      CODE6.IN | DigitalVampire.com | XENG.net
      "If there is a god, atheism must seem to god as less of an insult than religion.” --Edmond de Goncour

Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by Digital Vampire View Post
      Not sure whether they really exited out of car audio scene but I thought the Harman Group just aligned businesses under different brand names like Harman Kardon, Mark Levinson, JBL, Becker, Lexicon, Revel, AKG, Infinity, Studer and Soundcraft each catering to different segments. IIRC HK car audio products are still coming in the premium segment automobiles.
      I meant the HK brand exited the car audio scene. They don't make HK branded car audio products any more. I am not familiar with their home audio brands.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information