• Hungry
  • Secret
  • Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011

Thread: New Member in my family: Ertiga VDi 2012

spam king
      past the speed of sound

Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by Tourer4304 View Post
      Hope you are enjoying your Ertiga (or is it that your Dad is enjoying it even more). I am now completely hooked to this thread & would love to see regular updates to it
      yes i have been lax in updating this thread, but its logging on the miles at a steady pace, and it has become the most used vehicle in the family lineup, owing to its ease of driving, very comfortable seating position and flexible engine, i'm also liking its suspension, they seem to have struck a good balance between ride quality and handling it, now i'm at such a stage where i can proudly state that its proven to be a good purchase, i am happy with my decision which seemed premature, as for the ac issue, yes it has been sorted out to an extent, to which extent i will comprehensively evaluate during the coming summer season, this issue was reported in the expansion valve(in the air conditioning system) in quite a few ertiga's afflicted with this mediocre cooling problem
      There is a Difference in Knowing the Path and Walking the Path-Anonymous Takla with Pincenez

not aware that he can set his status here!

Awesome

Thanks for that update Blackhorn. So how much has your Ertiga run till now?

Quote Originally Posted by blackhorn View Post
      as for the ac issue, yes it has been sorted out to an extent, to which extent i will comprehensively evaluate during the coming summer season, this issue was reported in the expansion valve(in the air conditioning system) in quite a few ertiga's afflicted with this mediocre cooling problem
      Are they replacing the expansion valve for all the affected Ertiga's? Was this a design issue or a quality issue? You are right, only the scorching heat of the summer can tell whether the AC is working as expected or not. Please do keep us posted.
      Drive Safe, Tourer4304
      IndicaV2-DLX/'04/122K km, Bajaj-Caliber/'99/38K km
      God gives & forgives, man gets & forgets

spam king
      past the speed of sound

Awesome

updating this thread, the ertiga has done 24k kms now, as for the expansion valve, we escalated the problem with maruti at dd motors, mayapuri, and they took it up with sanden, they then performed a comprehensive test and admitted that a problem was there, as we had thought, there was a problem with the expansion valve, in fact because of the valve not working properly, the gas and the compressor oil had gone black due to the excessive pressure they were being subjected to, they changed the valve, filled in new oil and gas, and the summers were not a bother anymore, in fact the ac is working better than any other car i have right now except maybe the honda, i faced a run in with maruti again, when i noticed a problem after turning off the ertiga, it would emit a noise, much after turning it off, which i attributed to the fuel pump, however when i finally took it to maruti they diagnosed it as a faulty/malfunctioning vacuum pump, and they changed it, now the ertiga is running fine and in good spirits
      There is a Difference in Knowing the Path and Walking the Path-Anonymous Takla with Pincenez

not aware that he can set his status here!

Awesome

Hope Ertiga is now problem free!

spam king
      past the speed of sound

Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by Aryan74 View Post
      Hope Ertiga is now problem free!
      well by enlarge problem free, there is now a sound eminating from the suspension, have to get that checked, now nearing 30k kms....so will do that when it goes for its next oil change

Gears in head!!!
      Life needs a purpose!

Awesome

How the car is doing now? How many KMs clocked so far? How the city and highway mileage working out for you?

spam king
      past the speed of sound

Awesome

Apologise for the late reply rksingh1, the car has just clocked 50k, returning just over 16kmpl in city runs, well over 18kmpl in the highway runs, fully loaded mind you, encountered a couple of problems on the way

A while ago the car was making a loud humming noise which was attributed to the failure of the vacuum pump, about two months ago, the car would make a vibrating noise, after being turned off, it was checked out to be the ecu relay, both things are dealt with and the car is back to its problem free condition

I can say this its been a satisfying experience owning this car, its frugal, not wanting for space, and seats and transports my large family in relative comfort, and doesn't ask for a lot of attention most of the time, that's all i ever expected from it and its exceeded most of my expectations

spam king
      past the speed of sound

Awesome

Apologise for the late reply rksingh1, the car has just clocked 50k, returning just over 16kmpl in city runs, well over 18kmpl in the highway runs, fully loaded mind you, encountered a couple of problems on the way

A while ago the car was making a loud humming noise which was attributed to the failure of the vacuum pump, about two months ago, the car would make a vibrating noise, after being turned off, it was checked out to be the ecu relay, both things are dealt with and the car is back to its problem free condition

I can say this its been a satisfying experience owning this car, its frugal, not wanting for space, and seats and transports my large family in relative comfort, and doesn't ask for a lot of attention most of the time, that's all i ever expected from it and its exceeded most of my expectations

Gears in head!!!
      Life needs a purpose!

Awesome

Thanks blackhorn. You are late by just 5 months...lol

Would you trade your car for XUV500 W4 if given an option? Or Innova?

spam king
      past the speed of sound

Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by rksingh1 View Post
      Would you trade your car for XUV500 W4 if given an option? Or Innova?
      No, I honestly wouldn't. Maybe I would have before in favor of the Innova but now having owned a toyota, they are cheap to service but not cheap to repair. Also in my opinion the current version of the Innova doesn't look good, so I wouldn't have it. I would recommend this vehicle to anyone looking for versatility. Its been a good experience.

Quote Originally Posted by rksingh1 View Post
      You are late by just 5 months...lol
      Sincerely apologize for my inability to check my threads regularly. But I do want to thank you for keeping the thread alive
      Last edited by blackhorn; 15th Apr 2015 at 12:13.

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011

Thread Information