• Secret
  • Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: MotoGP - 2012

GearHead
      Forza Ferrari!!!

Awesome

MotoGP - 2012

This season is turning out to be a royal fight between Stoner and Lorenzo

Yesterday's race was awesome and an exciting fight between Rossi and Stoner with Rossi passing Stoner on the last lap to get his best result on the Ducati to date. .

Stoner is retiring at the end of this year , so would def love to end with a championship win. Personally, I would be happy if anyone other than Lorenzo wins
      "Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us."
      -Calvin

Dai!!!

spam king
      past the speed of sound

Awesome

its interesting, when the ducati was being ridden by stoner, everybody was blaming him and not the bike, now that rossi's riding it and telling everybody that its difficult to ride, everybody is nodding thier heads, even so, a wet track brings out the best in the riders, and rossi i am pleased to say hasn't lost his touch
      There is a Difference in Knowing the Path and Walking the Path-Anonymous Takla with Pincenez

Global Moderator
      Driving Worlds fastest truck!!

Awesome

Exactly. I was watching the race yesterday and the move for 2nd position was awesome and that too at the end of last segment on the last lap.
      Try walking into YOUR car rather than crawling. For me walking is always best ---GURU SHISHIR

It's not how fast you drive.
      It's how you drive fast.

Awesome

great race by vale. Was nice to see the competitive streak. Might surprised that stoner backed off after the final assault by rossi. Heard him talk about tyre issues in the post race press conference

Global Moderator

Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by megazoid View Post
      Heard him talk about tyre issues
      I doubt there was any visible issue when the fight was neck to neck. Today was seeing the highlights of the last 8 laps. So many times DR tried to overtake but falied and 2-3 times Stoner took it out easily. But in the last leg of the race it was awesome. DR didn't take a wide curve when he overtook Stoner. But the previous attempts he took a wide curve and Stoner took lead. This time it was plain technique and expereince
      Try walking into YOUR car rather than crawling. For me walking is always best ---GURU SHISHIR

It's not how fast you drive.
      It's how you drive fast.

Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by shishirbn View Post
      This time it was plain technique and expereince
      Completely agree. In fact, that tire reasoning stood out like a sore thumb in his post race interview. We know that in this case he was walloped by 46. Maybe did not want to risk life and limb as he did not have much to fight for except pride with Vale.

Global Moderator

Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by megazoid View Post
      Maybe did not want to risk life and limb as he did not have much to fight for except pride with Vale
      I have seen in many many races that Under high pressure Stoner gives it off. DR also has a technique. He will be behind a racer for almost 2-3 laps putting pressure and then suddenly makes his move and the racer in front will not know what is happening. He will be happy that his pressure is gone. By the time they realize this it would be last lap and DR would have won.

But Somehow Lorenzo is also a tuff guy who can give wonderful fight to DR. Stoner might be thinking "Live another day" after that hot pursuit.

StarScream
      You don't say...!!!

Awesome

Vow it's been quite a while since I've seen a MotoGP race. I used to love this guy Barbera in the 250cc and now he's in the GP (just googled).

Stoner is retiring, damm he was good. Loooks like i have a lot of catching up to do.
      www.WordWorld.pw
      www.NFSpoet.blogspot.com
      www.facebook.com/NFSzone
      www.MeAgainstWords.blogspot.com

Global Moderator

Awesome

But I still didn't understand why Stoner is retiring. He was riding very well and had won 4 championships(IIRC).

Anyone has the news on that.

spam king
      past the speed of sound

Awesome

dunno, maybe he's having nightmares about rossi chasing him or something , jokes apart, i remember in the previous seasons there were times when stoner on the ducati was unbeatable on a few circuits because the setup just clicked, and yet in a subsequent race he was just plain off the pace uncompetitive, the yamahas were easier on the tyres which is not the case with the ducati, which was also a nasty surprise for the doctor considering he used to save up his tyres to use at the end of the race, either way i think thier riding styles are clearly different, moreso with jorge, he matches rossi's pace in the same manner, but his corner entry and exit speeds are a little more aggressive, while stoner i find his riding style to be bullish, he looks like he's manhandling the machine, while in rossi's case you see finesse and calmness, i think this is the time where the doctor is learning humility, he accomplished a mean feat by bringing yamaha to the fore when he shifted to yamaha from honda when he was at the top of the game and won back to back races, a feat only achieved by only one other rider while shifting from one works team to another, i am respecting him even more as a competitor because even now he is not irritable nor embroiled in any mudslinging because he is arguably one of the best riders the world has seen, yet he's calm, composed and working hard at making his bike better
      Last edited by blackhorn; 21st May 2012 at 23:46.
      There is a Difference in Knowing the Path and Walking the Path-Anonymous Takla with Pincenez

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information