• Angry
  • Awesome
  • Hungry
  • Secret
  • Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: Scoop: TML working on a new Manza variant or this is another Nova??

following a 'Linea'r
      progression

Secret

Quote Originally Posted by roadracer View Post
      Was there a MANZA Petrol earlier? I think this is the first time they have introduced a MANZA Petrol if I am not wrong. Earlier TML was selling only MANZA Quadrajet(now branded as Q-Jet).
      Nope, there has been a Saffire manza all along. I had enquired about it last year & also got the prices.

Global Poster
      _/\_ in bhai universe trusts

Awesome

machi vijay - Was there a MANZA Petrol earlier? I think this is the first time they have introduced a MANZA Petrol if I am not wrong. Earlier TML was selling only MANZA Quadrajet(now branded as Q-Jet)
      There was a Manza Safire 90 petrol version already. I even know a guy from TAI forum who has Safire 90 and there is a ownership thread there as well.

My New Angel - Dew White Tata Manza Safire Aura ABS

I m not sure of the S-Jet is teh turbo jet engine of Fiat. May be just they have renamed Safire to S-Jet like the Q-Jet renaming
      Last edited by machi vijay; 25th Oct 2012 at 11:33.
      In BHAI the universe trusts _/\_

Wear HelMet to avoid Hell Meet

a.k.a AntiFigoRacer

Hungry

Quote Originally Posted by machi vijay View Post
      I m not sure of the S-Jet is teh turbo jet engine of Fiat. May be just they have renamed Safire to S-Jet like the Q-Jet renaming
      Vijay - I don't think this is the T-Jet engine. The price of the petrol Manza would have gone up quite a bit if they had gone for the T-Jet engine and T-Jet is 114PS.

Looks like this is just a renaming exercise. Safire getting renamed to S-Jet.
      TATA Indica Vista Quadrajet (2009) | Suzuki GS 150R (2010) | TVS Wego (2011) | TVS Victor GL (2004) - SOLD

The Terminator

Awesome

Quadrajet is now called Q-Jet, and Safire is now called S-Jet. No increase in power.
      Rabid Dog Club - Bite First, Bark Later.

a.k.a AntiFigoRacer

Hungry

TML must be the most confused company.

First it was known as Indica Vista, then they made Indica smaller and Vista larger and said it's still Indica Vista

And then they said it's Sedan Class Vista.

First we had variants such as Terra, Acqua & Aura and then they said no..no it's LS, LX, VX, ZX..

First it was known as Indigo Manza..and then they said no..no..it's just Manza.

And then they said it's Club Class Manza.

First we had Quadrajet and Safire and then they said no..no..it's Q-Jet and S-Jet.

TML Folks - Please can you tell me how this will improve your QC and A.S.S

EDIT: Sorry, in between they also introduced something known as Vista 'Drive Tech4' & also Vista 'Refresh'.

Tata launches Indica Vista 'Drivetech4'

Facelifted Tata Indica Vista Refreshs brochure leaked! | IndianCarsBikes.in
      Last edited by roadracer; 25th Oct 2012 at 12:07.
      TATA Indica Vista Quadrajet (2009) | Suzuki GS 150R (2010) | TVS Wego (2011) | TVS Victor GL (2004) - SOLD

In Bhai We Trust

Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by camchennai View Post
      All taxi's are entitles for EDR (read - Excise duty rebate) since they run a public carrier, government gives back the excise duty back to customer if they register as a yellow board, EDR is high for a 5 seater and as the seat goes high EDR comes down, so a hatch back or a sedan will have a higher EDR compared to Innova or Sumo. Some of the dealer reduce the EDR in the invoice and in some case you will receive a DD directly to your address.
      camchennai - This EDR is news to me. It has been two years - no DD and the dealer has not reduced it too. Any idea of how to claim it? BTW, the discount i was talking about is the discount on the ex show room price on the car. I got that using my friend who is a fleet owner. Fiesta and Innova are hot cakes and no discounts are offered for them. Good discounts were offered for xylo when they were launched as taxis.
      Pulsar'09 | Swift'11 VDI |Indica'11 DLS| RE CL350
      "If Death Comes before I prove my blood, I promise I'll Kill Death!" - Capt. Vikram Bhatra (Param Vir Chakra)

Rabid Dog Club
      Giving excuses!

Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by thecdkfactor View Post
      Any idea of how to claim it? BTW, the discount i was talking about is the discount on the ex show room price on the car.
      You will get refund of 4.4% in the factory price as EDR, you need to give the RC book to the dealer and he will claim and give it to you.
      Toyota Camry MT|TATA Safari EX 4x2

Rabid Dog Club - bite first, bark later :-P

“The auto industry is not a charity that produces widgets for driving enthusiasts.”

not aware that he can set his status here!

Awesome

TML must be the most confused company.
      As a student of marketing, this stuff is rather interesting

First it was known as Indica Vista, then they made Indica smaller and Vista larger and said it's still Indica Vista
      First it was known as Indigo Manza..and then they said no..no..it's just Manza.
      This looks like a half decent attempt at transitioning from the 'indica' brand to the 'vista' brand. But I wonder why they did it. If the indica brand was good enough, why would they kill it, and if it wasnt, why bother with this transition in the first place ?

And then they said it's Sedan Class Vista.
      And then they said it's Club Class Manza.
      EDIT: Sorry, in between they also introduced something known as Vista 'Drive Tech4' & also Vista 'Refresh'.
      First we had Quadrajet and Safire and then they said no..no..it's Q-Jet and S-Jet.
      Rebranding Exercises. Pretty much the "new and improved surf excel with Molecules!" concept applied to cars. Make some incremental change, and let marketing whip it up into a whole new product. You and I know that its the same car, but not the man on the street. He'll buy the Qjet VX and look down on his neighbour's one year old Quadrajet Aura ABS and think, HA! Mine is all new, latesht! and I have the badge to prove it too!
      The funny thing is that the first gen indica changed a LOT more during 2000-2007(extensive internal and external changes), but it was still called the indica. I suppose it doesnt hurt to get some advertising mileage out of it
      First we had variants such as Terra, Acqua & Aura and then they said no..no it's LS, LX, VX, ZX..
      That's just plain silly, but then again, the indica petrol (which tata had a hard time selling) went through a similar number of variant renames. The diesel had the same system from introduction, and is still used today (DLE, DLS, DLX, and DLG which was introduced later) I suppose tata's marketing team is using all the tricks in their book to get them to sell.
      *Now with red horns!

Rabid Dog Club
      Giving excuses!

Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by greenhorn View Post
      The funny thing is that the first gen indica changed a LOT more during 2000-2007(extensive internal and external changes), but it was still called the indica.
      It was all due to the taxi image which the media was hyping about!!
      Toyota Camry MT|TATA Safari EX 4x2

Rabid Dog Club - bite first, bark later :-P

“The auto industry is not a charity that produces widgets for driving enthusiasts.”

The Terminator

Awesome

Tata Manza EXL (Leather seats) variant has been discontinued. Source- Updated Tata Motors site.
      Rabid Dog Club - Bite First, Bark Later.

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread Information