• Awesome
  • Hungry
  • Secret
  • Page 1 of 35 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: LIFE AT SEA...

dubbu dubbu dubbu

Awesome

LIFE AT SEA...

Since i see all road trips out here...thought of presenting my experience at sea with you guys..hope you guys wont mind...
      "Sailors work like horses at sea and spend their money like asses ashore.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ECLIPSE CD7200 MKII / KENWOOD KOS-A300 / DYNAUDIO ESOTEC 242 / HELIX P-400 / ULTIMO SC 12 / JBL GTO 751EZ / MONSTER XLN 402 / GLADEN CINCH ZERO / GLADEN 11 & 13 GAUGE / DAMPMAT / FOCAL 4 GAUGE AMP WIRING KIT

In search of POWER

Hungry

We certainly dont mind, but where is the writing? I opened this thread with lot of expectations and all I find is a one liner
      2012 Cruze Eco 1.4Turbo ... Commuter Car

dubbu dubbu dubbu

Awesome

here it is...

I started sailing in 1999 at the age of 19 as a Deck-cadet, with a company called FIVE STARS SHIPPING..So after these 13 years, right now i am serving s a Chief officer on Oil tankers, with the world's largest ship-management company..

I have been to a lot of countries in these past 13 years..can proudly say that i have been to all the continents, except Australia, Antarctica and Arctic...

have some very fond memories from my visiting experiences, and life at sea is filled with uncertainty and adventures...i have lots of photos from these experiences, including an Somalian pirate attack experience...will be sharing them with you all...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ECLIPSE CD7200 MKII / KENWOOD KOS-A300 / DYNAUDIO ESOTEC 242 / HELIX P-400 / ULTIMO SC 12 / JBL GTO 751EZ / MONSTER XLN 402 / GLADEN CINCH ZERO / GLADEN 11 & 13 GAUGE / DAMPMAT / FOCAL 4 GAUGE AMP WIRING KIT

GearHead
      Forza Ferrari!!!

Awesome

Wow, this is gonna be good. Bring them on
      "Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us."
      -Calvin

Dai!!!

Global Poster
      _/\_ in bhai universe trusts

Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by fernando View Post
      i have lots of photos from these experiences, including an Somalian pirate attack experience...will be sharing them with you all...
      I m hooked to this one. Pls bring it on. One humble request form my side. Can you pls not add the continuous dts like ..... in each line. It really mars the reading experience. Thanks
      In BHAI the universe trusts _/\_

Wear HelMet to avoid Hell Meet

dubbu dubbu dubbu

Awesome

my first and actually, my favourite place in Vancouver,British columbia..Man this place is really beautiful..these guys have beautiful British Columbia written in their registration plates..man that is true..we were coming from japan, so then entrance to british columbia is through the JUAN DE FUCA strait, which in itself is a beauty..

Name:  304962_10150309063936812_3138185_n.jpg
Views: 453
Size:  57.2 KB

then after 6 hrs of pilotage, you enter into vancouver city...

Name:  318503_10150309064681812_566656811_8194625_3213565_n.jpg
Views: 460
Size:  89.5 KB

this was the ship in which i was serving that time

Name:  296130_10150309065561812_6382515_n.jpg
Views: 449
Size:  48.1 KB

dubbu dubbu dubbu

Awesome

As mentioned earlier, wehad sailed from the port of TAGANOURA in japan to Vancouver in B.C. the significance of the port of taganoura is that it is situated right below the Great Mt.Fuji.initially it was foggy, so we could not get a glimpse. But once the fog cleared around 1500 in the afternoon, my jaw dropped and i was filled with fear and awe of this beauty. thinking of it now gives me goose-bumps. there it was, the amazing most respected Volcano in the world. the japs called it FUJI'SAN. 'san' is like 'sir' in English.

I spoke to a Japanese stevedore about fuji. He told me about a local legend. He said that if a tourist comes and sees MT.FUJI, he will always return to see it again.He said there was this power associated with FUJI, that i will come again to this port.

As usual i dismissed this legend citing it as BS. As i knew that our ships schedule is not going to bring me back to taganoura in my contract. So i was adamant. BUT, surprisingly i visited the same port and saw MT.FUJI three more times in the next 5 months.

i did not take any pics when the ship was in the port, there was fog and more than that, the fuji was too big to fit in my camera's frame

So i took this picture when we left the port, after sailing around 4nm from the port. It is looking so big from that far. Imagine what it would have looked like when you are standing right below it.

FOLKS, THE GREAT FUJI'SAN

Name:  mtfuji.jpg
Views: 456
Size:  24.4 KB

dubbu dubbu dubbu

Awesome

BRAAAAZIL

No need to say a lot about brazil, you guys must be already aware, known to be as the heaven amongst seafarers.

Guys took a lot of photos, but had to hide them from my wifey after i got married,, now even i cannot find those photos. Had this one. This is a famous beach in Santos. this photo was taken while we were entering into Santos.

Name:  319283_10150309065236812_4294884_n.jpg
Views: 442
Size:  69.0 KB

dubbu dubbu dubbu

Awesome

CASTLE OF HAMLET

Once we were calling a port called Helsingborg in Sweden. We saw a huge castle on the denmark while were proceeding to sweden. The pilot told us that it will be worth if we paid a visit to the castle which was internationally known, and draws plenty of tourists from around the world.

this is the same castle which is referred to as the 'Elsinore' in William Shakespeare's play Hamlet.

So after we docked in helsingborg, me and another friend, went to the ferry station, and bought a ticket for visiting the castle.Funny we were in sweden, and went to denmark without any visa.Just paid the ferry fee.

the ferry which we took.
      Name:  sweden.jpg
Views: 441
Size:  98.4 KB

After a 10 min walk we reached the castle. And hypocrites they did not allow our cameras inside. The fee was around 25 Denmark Kroners. It was amazing inside the castle. Felt as if was in the middle of an Hollywood flick. Will post more pics of the castle once i get hold of my friend who came along.

Name:  313635_10150309065431812_566656811_8194638_3741186_n.jpg
Views: 438
Size:  74.5 KB

check out the castle here: Kronborg - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Global Moderator
      At wits end with Safari's
      auto-correct!

Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by fernando View Post
      Guys took a lot of photos, now even i cannot find those photos.
      GO BACK to Brazil.... thats an ORDER! Camera will be sponsored by our willing and able members!

A closed mouth gathers no feet.

Page 1 of 35 12311 ... LastLast

Thread Information