• Angry
  • Awesome
  • Hungry
  • Secret
  • Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Results 1 to 10 of 17

    Thread: confused between gypsy and Chevy Beat

    1. #1

      Do Not Follow Me X)
       
      Secret
       
      mastersquall's Avatar
      Join Date
      Dec 2010
      Location
      Delhi,India
      Posts
      1,012

      confused between gypsy and Chevy Beat

      Hi guys,

      you guys know i have booked gypsy recently . i was talking to friend yesturday whose another friend did owned gypsy in past . he told me that gypsy require lot of maintenance . which made me worry

      as i will have lot of usage and rough

      so another car came in mind was beat diesel seeing chevy warranty and maintenance offer last not least mileage it offer .

      please guys clear my mind .
      My heart say gypsy and mind say beat diesel .

      please only look at maintenance cost only not fuel(reason as i will put CNG in gypsy so running cost of fuel is same for both) I want low maintenance car

      i need to decide within few days as gypsy delievery date is also coming close

    2. #2
      Not on GH anymore!
       
      Secret
       

      Join Date
      Feb 2011
      Location
      New Delhi
      Posts
      4,849
      (mastersquall)

      Rahul, both Beat and Gypsy are from completely different segment, so it's very difficult to compare each other?

      “Chevy Beat” which is a hatchback with very low ground clearance compares it to a Gypsy which is hard core offroad SUV.

      AFAIK, the amount of load you carry on daily basis in your car, I don't think so chevy will fit your requirement.

      If you are looking for low maintenance car which can take rough roads and abuse, why don't you check for Mahindra Bolero or Tata Grande? Both are Diesel and very low maintenance.
      Last edited by Ironhide; 27th May 2012 at 13:10.
      My Flickr - www.flickr.com/photos/103602929@N08

    3. #3
      not aware that he can set his status here!
       
      Hungry
       
      bamaboy's Avatar
      Join Date
      Mar 2011
      Location
      MH 31 ; CG 10
      Posts
      2,747
      Ditch everything! Buy a Tata Xenon.

    4. #4
      StarScream
      You don't say...!!!
       
      Awesome
       
      NFSpoet's Avatar
      Join Date
      Aug 2011
      Location
      Zenn-la
      Posts
      2,439
      mastersquall, what would be the primary use for this vehicle and on what road conditions?
      If it's entirely city based then the Beat or a hatch does make sense, but if you need any bad road driving to industrial and semi urban areas near bout then it could be a problem.
      www.WordWorld.pw
      www.NFSpoet.blogspot.com
      www.facebook.com/NFSzone
      www.MeAgainstWords.blogspot.com


    5. #5

      a.k.a AntiFigoRacer
       
      Hungry
       
      roadracer's Avatar
      Join Date
      Nov 2010
      Location
      Chennai
      Posts
      4,401
      Quote Originally Posted by mastersquall View Post
      confused between gypsy and Chevy Beat
      I think these are two vehicles belonging to completely different segments. It's like comparing Curd Rice with Pizza.

      It all depends on your exact requirements and what you are looking to get out of that vehicle.
      TATA Indica Vista Quadrajet (2009) | Suzuki GS 150R (2010) | TVS Wego (2011) | TVS Victor GL (2004) - SOLD

    6. #6

      ......
       
      Hungry
       
      aswinbabu's Avatar
      Join Date
      Nov 2011
      Location
      Idukki, Kerala
      Posts
      477
      Quote Originally Posted by mastersquall View Post
      My heart say gypsy and mind say beat diesel .
      So buy a Mahindra Bolero

    7. #7
      Not on GH anymore!
       
      Secret
       

      Join Date
      Feb 2011
      Location
      New Delhi
      Posts
      4,849
      Quote Originally Posted by nfspoet View Post
      what would be the primary use for this vehicle and on what road conditions?
      If it's entirely city based then the Beat or a hatch does make sense, but if you need any bad road driving to industrial and semi urban areas near bout then it could be a problem.
      I think, he will be carrying around 100-200kg of load everyday

      Quote Originally Posted by mastersquall View Post
      suspension - i have kicked out cf because some people say they are not good if you carry item around (like me always carrying 100-200kg item almost all day) better stick to stock. might change shocker?
      My Flickr - www.flickr.com/photos/103602929@N08

    8. #8

      Do Not Follow Me X)
       
      Secret
       
      mastersquall's Avatar
      Join Date
      Dec 2010
      Location
      Delhi,India
      Posts
      1,012
      Quote Originally Posted by anubhavt View Post
      (mastersquall)

      Rahul, both Beat and Gypsy are from completely different segment, so it's very difficult to compare each other?

      “Chevy Beat” which is a hatchback with very low ground clearance compares it to a Gypsy which is hard core offroad SUV.

      AFAIK, the amount of load you carry on daily basis in your car, I don't think so chevy will fit your requirement.

      If you are looking for low maintenance car which can take rough roads and abuse, why don't you check for Mahindra Bolero or Tata Grande? Both are Diesel and very low maintenance.
      if i10 can do all my work without much problem(i mean carrying 200-300KG then i think beat shouldn't have problem right? i choose beat only because its FE and maintenance package + i haven't heard any niggle about it except its outer design which i don't care
      about bolero and grande and even thar i didn't choose them because of poor FE else safari is better then them . Also main problem is size grande is big i need small
      Quote Originally Posted by bamaboy View Post
      Ditch everything! Buy a Tata Xenon.
      i already have safari which itself is monster truck
      Quote Originally Posted by nfspoet View Post
      mastersquall, what would be the primary use for this vehicle and on what road conditions?
      If it's entirely city based then the Beat or a hatch does make sense, but if you need any bad road driving to industrial and semi urban areas near bout then it could be a problem.
      99% it will travel from factory to office then home . i drive i10 and safari mostly
      Quote Originally Posted by roadracer View Post
      I think these are two vehicles belonging to completely different segments. It's like comparing Curd Rice with Pizza.

      It all depends on your exact requirements and what you are looking to get out of that vehicle.
      i want a car with low maintenance and good FE(i know gypsy had bad FE but i can fix it with CNG and still have lot of space to store item)
      Quote Originally Posted by eccentricloner View Post
      So buy a Mahindra Bolero
      low FE my safari has better FE then it .

    9. #9
      Rabid Dog Club
      Giving excuses!
       
      Awesome
       
      camchennai's Avatar
      Join Date
      Nov 2010
      Location
      City of Super Kings!!!
      Posts
      10,234
      I think you are the most confused person in our forum, you beat all ICE heads also

      Why don't you buy a EECO or Venture with which you can carry load in the rear seats and both will be cost effective.
      Toyota Camry MT|TATA Safari EX 4x2

      Rabid Dog Club - bite first, bark later :-P

      “The auto industry is not a charity that produces widgets for driving enthusiasts.”

    10. #10
      StarScream
      You don't say...!!!
       
      Awesome
       
      NFSpoet's Avatar
      Join Date
      Aug 2011
      Location
      Zenn-la
      Posts
      2,439
      So basically you need a car to drive from home to factory right?
      In that case the beat does make sense, but are the roads near your factory good enough? Would the beat be able to survive them?
      Also, the beatd would have a high waiting period.
      www.WordWorld.pw
      www.NFSpoet.blogspot.com
      www.facebook.com/NFSzone
      www.MeAgainstWords.blogspot.com


    Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

    Thread Information

    Users Browsing this Thread

    There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

    Similar Threads

    1. Replies: 36
      Last Post: 11th Jun 2012, 15:14
    2. OBD2 reader for chevy Beat
      By white-rabbit in forum Beat
      Replies: 24
      Last Post: 14th Aug 2011, 10:44
    3. Chevy Beat LPG?
      By @bhi in forum Hatchbacks
      Replies: 3
      Last Post: 17th Apr 2011, 23:12
    4. Alloys For Chevy BEAT-Please Help
      By Die2Drive in forum Alloys & Tyres
      Replies: 14
      Last Post: 24th Mar 2010, 19:59
    5. Chevy Beat - pics
      By hrag in forum Beat
      Replies: 13
      Last Post: 5th Dec 2009, 07:59

    Bookmarks

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •