• Secret
  • Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Honda CIVIC A/C Issues

Daaam I did not know GH had
      this option! :D

Awesome

Honda CIVIC A/C Issues

Hello GH's,

My Civic has clocked 80K kms and the A/C has completely lost its cooling the summers in Chennai are really hot and even in the lowest degree and full blower there is not much cooling the air seems to be blowing but there is not much cooling like before I am yet to give the car for servicing before that I would like to get first hand the owners feedback on this.

Have any of the Civic owners experienced such an issue, my car is tinted with 50% vlt filims, I just want the cooling back so that I can beat this Chennai heat.

Everybodys thoughts are most welcome !
      Last edited by undecover_bro; 29th May 2012 at 11:24.

Traveling...

Awesome

Suggest you get it checked at the service centre for possible gas leaks or issues with compressor. Normally I find the Civic a/c one of the best even in 40+ temperatures.

Awesome

appuchan Thank You for the quick reply apart from the issues you had mentioned, do you think there maybe any issues with the condenser coil or should it be replaced ? if so do you have any idea on how much it would cost !
      once you have undercover brother there is no other !

Rabid Dog Club
      Giving excuses!

Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by undecover_bro View Post
      do you think there maybe any issues with the condenser coil or should it be replaced ?
      Do you get any oil smell inside the cabin?? Cooling coil should cost more than 10K for Civic.

If you want I can suggest you an AC mechanic in T.Nagar who would check and let you know the issue and cost of replacement. His charge is nominal and does a pretty good job
      Toyota Camry MT|TATA Safari EX 4x2

Rabid Dog Club - bite first, bark later :-P

“The auto industry is not a charity that produces widgets for driving enthusiasts.”

Awesome

Thumbs up

camchennai I used to get a smell long time back but it seems to have stoped now, the smell was strong and I used to get it after 10 or 15 min from turning on the A/C I have not idea whats really going on with the car's A/C. I am trying the Honda guys to give me a quote of the expenses if it is too much then maybe I can try your mechanic. Thanks again !

Rabid Dog Club
      Giving excuses!

Awesome

I used to get a smell long time back but it seems to have stoped now
      If you get that smell it means that oil is leaking from your cooling coil and it has to be replaced. Cooling coil can never be repaired so if there is a leak then replacement is the only option.

Let me know when you need it

“The auto industry is not a charity that produces widgets for driving enthusiasts.”

Ω ≠ ॐ

Awesome

My Civic has clocked 80K kms and the A/C has completely lost its cooling the summers in Chennai are really hot and even in the lowest degree and full blower there is not much cooling the air seems to be blowing but there is not much cooling like before I am yet to give the car for servicing before that I would like to get first hand the owners feedback on this.
      If your aircon system has lost charge, it usually means there is a leak somewhere in the system.
      If you open the aircon lines/condenser/cooling coil for repairs, make sure that the drier/filter is replaced before you recharge the system.
      Get the system thoroughly flushed and use Dupont/Sanden refrigerant and oil only.
      Also check the condition of ancillaries like radiator fans and the cabin filter, a choked filter can also lead to reduced cooling.

Edit: If you are facing a partial reduction in cooling and your aircon compressor is not cutting off, I think you would be good to go with a simple recharge/topup and filter change.
      If your system has a big leak and you are out of gas, your aircon will not switch on.
      Last edited by gotzuk; 29th May 2012 at 22:50.
      Team Avalanche Promotosports
      Audiophools don't use their equipment to listen to music. Audiophools use music to listen to their equipment.

No BOOM only BASS

Awesome

Hello GH's,

Have any of the Civic owners experienced such an issue, my car is tinted with 50% vlt filims, I just want the cooling back so that I can beat this Chennai heat.

Everybodys thoughts are most welcome !

Well i am facing the similar problem as well, and what i feel its a problem with the A/C of all the civics,mine just refuses to cool the cabin when the temprature outside crosses 35-37 celcius, it would keep getting cut of affter like every 2-3 mins ,its very frustrating especially after the recent removal of the Tints,earlier i had a Jet Black film installed then the A/c used to be okayish(noting great from a 12lakh rupee car.

i guess some problem with the Compressor.Have got the A/C checked,gas topped up , filters replaced everything but to no avail.If you find a soloution please do share with me.
      ||Source-Panasonic BottleHead (Tube)||Amp(1)Mosconi Class -A|| Speakers- Gladen Zero Pro PP|| Gladen Speaker Cables and Interconnects||Kenwood Kos -A300||Amp(2) Rockford Fosgate T1000 bDCP& Subs-Rainbow Vanadium x2||

Rabid Dog Club
      Giving excuses!

Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by Nikhil Sharma View Post
      If you find a soloution please do share with me.
      Check the AC clutch and cooling coil

Awesome

camchennai Could you please let us know what is the job of cooling coil.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information