• Angry
  • Awesome
  • Hungry
  • Secret

Thread: ICE for Honda City i-vtec

not aware that he can set his status here!

Awesome

ICE for Honda City i-vtec

Hey guys, Am new to gear heads and my search for a decent ICE got me to geadheads. Loved d forum but after 2 days of browsing, still dont have a definitive answer, so here goes...

Looking for an ice for my new honda city. I havent taken anything from Honda and everything will be installed by me externally. Have my pickup tomorrow and have exactly a day to decide.

My Budget is 35K including the HU.

I have more or less decided on the pioneer 2490bt. R there any similar HU's from jvc or kenwood etc with bluetooth connectivity. Im getting it for 20k.
      Touchscreen is basically for the look and double din is a must. Im aware of better options in single din at far lesser price, but i want to maintain the double din look.

Now here comes the tricky part, speakers.. Got 15k left for them..
      Was thinking of components in front and coaxial back(door). Also right now im hoping to go without an amp(is that ok?)..

I have been suggested and heard the focal access series without an amp. Access components in front and coaxial behind.
      Other dealers suggested the infinity too without an amp.
      I found the access lacking a bit. They were a bit too neutral for my liking and the SS seemed a bit harsh if say i was driving from mumbai to pune.

What options would u guys suggest?? i read about brands like polk, rockford, focal polyglass etc..
      Honestly im getting pretty confused now.

My taste in music is more towards hip-hop, rock and bollywood types..
      Woofer for now is strictly a big NO.

All the help i can get will be highly appreciated... thanks

Audio Enthusiast
      SO can't stop the XUV

Hungry

Welcome to GH edge111hussain ! Enjoy your stay here at GH.

Quote Originally Posted by edge111hussain View Post
      My Budget is 35K including the HU.
      Good that you've a fixed budget.

I have been suggested and heard the focal access series without an amp. Access components in front and coaxial behind.
      Other dealers suggested the infinity too without an amp.
      I found the access lacking a bit. They were a bit too neutral for my liking and the SS seemed a bit harsh if say i was driving from mumbai to pune.

What options would u guys suggest?? i read about brands like polk, rockford, focal polyglass etc..
      Honestly im getting pretty confused now.
      When it comes to ICE, remember one thing, everyone will come up with their own suggestions. Finally its going to be YOU who's gonna spend money & enjoy the end product.

So whatever brands are being suggested, note them down & look out for auditioning them. Pick & choose the one you like & go for installation with a proper installer.

Choosing a proper set of speakers alone will not do a magic. They've to be properly installed. Note keep some reserve budget for wires, damping stuff & installation costs.

You can start your setup with this way.

Pioneer HU - The one you've chosen or some better ones. Stick to your requirements of 2 DIN & Touch screen. Pioneer honestly is way ahead of all other competitors when it comes to UI friendliness & usability. Quality of output varies. THAT you've to audition & find out which one fits your taste after getting inputs from ICE Gurus here.

Speakers - For a good sound stage its better to have components (Mid rang driver + separate tweeter) for the front & a coaxial speaker (one single driver including tweeter) for the rear fills.

Its not mandatory that you've to add both of them together. Based on your budget you can start off with either components alone for the front or buy a coax put in front & later on when upgrading put the coax to the rear & add a components to the front. Your choice. No hard & fast rule in this as which one to buy first.

Amplifiers - Yes it will definitely improve the sound as it helps the speakers by providing more power for their operation than conventionally what your Head Unit gives them for their operation. Again its a nice to have but not immediate. Later on when budget permits get yourself a good four channel amp if you're planning for a sub in future.

Woofer for now is strictly a big NO.
      Good you've a clear idea on this.

Sub - If you're a bass lover & want those thumps in the songs you listen, go for it. Again not mandatory in the equation. Can be added to your setup very well in future. Make sure you choose your sub suitable to your amp.

Some nice speaker suggestions which I can make are

Other speakers you can try out are Infinity, Focal, HAT, Rainbow, PHD.

All the above mentioned brands have various speakers across various price ranges. Define your budget & pick the ones that fit your budget & then audition them and finally choose them.

All the best with your ICE hunt !
      Last edited by Lvramanan; 7th Jun 2012 at 15:15.

Dream is not what you see when you sleep;dream is something that doesn't make you sleep - A. P. J. Abdul Kalam.

Mahindra XUV 500
      Tata Tiago XZ Petrol
      Honda Hornet
      Honda Activa
      Honda Dio

Awesome

The thing is, i have done reviews and have a good idea when it comes to headphones, iem;s and home theatres. But with them its, what u hear is what you get. With car speakers, them playing on a board in front of you vs how they will sound in a car is too very separate issues. And thats where lies a limitation..

D other thing is, in a 15k budget, im not sure what speakers fit in, i.e which models. Dealers more or less will try to push whats in stock and i am kinda out of time at d moment. Hence i wanted suggestions. For eg: focal performance is like 18k and boston 10k and so on. Hence was looking at some combo suggestions...

Here, i understand speaker F&R/HU synergy too matters and so need some inputs by people who have head gear before.

AMP can and probably will be a future upgrade once i mature to car speakers and make a proper informed personal choice.. Hence for now i wanna cut down on the amp cost.

to make suggestions easy, can someone suggest which components can be played easily without amp, within my budget? Remember in 15k i need a coaxial too. I do know that a power hungry component will affect the longevity of my HU and hence do suggest keeping that in mind too.

Awesome

The thing is, i have done reviews and have a good idea when it comes to headphones, iem;s and home theatres. But with them its, what u hear is what you get. With car speakers, them playing on a board in front of you vs how they will sound in a car is too very separate issues. And thats where lies a limitation..

D other thing is, in a 15k budget, im not sure what speakers fit in, i.e which models. Dealers more or less will try to push whats in stock and i am kinda out of time at d moment. Hence i wanted suggestions. For eg: focal performance is like 18k and boston 10k and so on. Hence was looking at some combo suggestions...

Here, i understand speaker F&R/HU synergy too matters and so need some inputs by people who have head gear before.

AMP can and probably will be a future upgrade once i mature to car speakers and make a proper informed personal choice.. Hence for now i wanna cut down on the amp cost.

to make suggestions easy, can someone suggest which components can be played easily without amp, within my budget? Remember in 15k i need a coaxial too. I do know that a power hungry component will affect the longevity of my HU and hence do suggest keeping that in mind too.

Thread Information