• Angry
  • Awesome
  • Hungry
  • Secret
  • Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My Silk (Alto LXI BS-IV) ownership report

not aware that he can set his status here!

Awesome

My Silk (Alto LXI BS-IV) ownership report

Hi All!

My story dates back to year 2009 (flashback). In the month of July 2009, when monsoon had just set, came out of office and found that it was raining heavily, so stood in a bakery near my office. After a few minutes, I saw a couple who hurriedly parked their bike and ran towards the bakery with something wrapped in the female’s arms. There was their baby all drenched and shivering with cold. I felt very sorry for the child and realized that I also have a kid, which is of 4 years now, and this should not happen to my kid, so thought of buying a small budget car.

Then again, after two months, forgot all about the car, as I had many commitments, but the thought of buying a car was still wandering in my mind. After a few months, all the commitments/issues started to subside and once again started looking over to other options like A-star, Alto, Hyundai Santro, etc. Went to RNS for a TD of A-Star. I liked the A-star, as it was very refined and looked marvelous for me. So, one day, took my dad to RNS motors and at the very first site, he said that the boot space is very less and did not even like to take a TD of it. So, dropped the plan of buying it. Next came to mind was Alto, which had a lot of discount and freebies. I had a doubt whether any new model is being released shortly so they have showered such offers to the customers. I did not bother much and started surfing the net and found that a new Alto with 1000 cc K-series engine will be launched soon. This time I went to Sagar Automobiles, as RNS was far from my place, and enquired about the Alto K-series, but the SA of Sagar had no knowledge about Alto K-series and nor the staff. After a few followups to Sagar, they agreed that it will be launched shortly and so I booked it (first one to book Alto K-series in Bangalore at that time) and the wait started. After a few months, again got a call from SA stating that they are not going to launch Alto K-series in India, but a new Alto BS-IV will be launched soon. I really got disappointed that the car will not be launched in India, so started waiting for Alto BS-IV.

In April 2010, I again got a call from SA that the car will be coming to their stockyard within 2 to 5 days so to make the down payment and block the car in my name, which I opted was silky silver. As I was busy in office, was able to go to showroom next month, i.e., May, and made the down payment and completed the paperwork. After paperwork, I enquired what freebies I would be getting. They said that as it is a newly launched vehicle, no freebies, but will be given floor mats. I asked them to do antirust treatment and put a sun film and wheelcaps. They quoted 10,000/- for them, so dropped the idea of that and left the showroom. The next day, called them up and said it if they could put all those accessories, which I mentioned earlier, for 6K, they agreed for it. Next week, i.e., on Tuesday of May, I got a call from SA that the car has arrived and asked whether they can send it for registration. As I was so busy with my office work, was not able to do PDI and told him to go ahead with it. Then, again, the same evening, he called me up to collect the car, but I was very busy, so went to the showroom only the next day with my brother around 4 p.m. with a heavy heart thinking that I have not done any PDI, nor had a look of the car, do not know which car they will give me, etc., etc. All such thoughts started coming to my mind and I was very restless. After reaching the showroom, saw one silky silver Alto parked outside to be delivered and it was looking gorgeous. Straightaway went near the car and gave a call to the SA to come outside. He came out and said that indeed it is your car. Looking at my Silk, all my thoughts vanished. Checked the speedometer and it had just 21 km on it, so was relieved. Checked that they had put Lumar sun film and given anti-rust coating. It was already getting dark, as they handed over the car after all the formalities around 6 p.m., so looked all over the exteriors for any scratches and dents and everything seemed intact. They added 5 liters of petrol in the tank at showroom itself and gave the demo of the car and then left the showroom.

pros and cons of my Silk.

PROS:
      1. Excellent FE:
      A. Highway, with 25-30% AC, 24-25K/L.
      B. City, with 30% AC, 17-19 km/L.

2. Good Visibility.

3. Comfortable front seats.

CONS:
      1. Cramped rear seats.

2. Poor headlamps.

3. Drop in power with AC.
      Last edited by Ayaz; 8th Jun 2012 at 13:19.

GearHead
      Forza Ferrari!!!

Awesome

Many Congratulations on the car. Thats a very good FE you are getting

Snaps, Snaps.. No ownership review is complete without the mandatory photos of the car
      "Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us."
      -Calvin

Dai!!!

Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by KRRaj View Post
      Many Congratulations on the car. Thats a very good FE you are getting

Snaps, Snaps.. No ownership review is complete without the mandatory photos of the car
      Thank you Raj.

Snaps will follow.

Stark Industries
      Opinion are like Assholes,
      Everyone has one

Hungry

Alto is a great car for small family
      Alto --- Lets Go.... but where ???

Awesome

Continued.....

The very next day, had to go to my native, Mysore, to attend a wedding. Left Bangalore around 4 p.m. and took the NICE road. As it was new, I just maintained a steady speed of 60-70 km/hr and did not rev the engine more. Had filled tank full and out of curiosity, set the trip meter to check the mileage. I got a mileage of 23.5 Km/L without AC on highway even before 1st service. I was overwhelmed by this. The reason behind it is due to steady drive of around 60-70 km/hr. After experiencing this, I tried avoiding revving the engine above 80 km/hr so as to get a steady FE, but my bro wont listen. He happily revs it around 100-120 km/hr, but my Silk has never complained nor has fallen ill.

I had hardly driven it with 500 km on ODO, in a month's time, got a call from MASS that my first service is pending, and I have to have it done on time. I was perplexed. Told them that I have just complete around 500 km +, but they insisted that I have it done as early as possible, so scheduled it. According to the schedule, they had to change all the oils, and hence the bill came up to 1100/-.

After a few days, got the news that Alto K10 is being launched on August 2010, and my heart sank. I called up the SE of Sagar and gave him a piece of my mind, as he was the one who said that it would not be launched in India for sure (as I had waited for that Alto after booking it for more than 7 months). To my surprise, he gave me the idea of exchanging my new Alto to K10 and said to visit the showroom once with my Alto, so that he can estimate my Alto.

I did not bother to go for estimate at True Value (the reason not to mention), so placed an Ad in a website regarding selling of my Silk for 3 lacs even before looking at Alto K10. Many responded to the Ad and were very eager to know the reason why I am selling it so soon. I just gave excuses that I am upgrading my ride to a sedan and hence selling it off.

After a few days, at around 12 p.m. at night, I got a call from one of the buyers inquiring about the price, and I said 3 lacs, not negotiable. He was okay with the price and wanted to have a look at my Alto, so I told him to pay a visit to my office around 10 a.m. so that he can have a look at it, and he agreed.

The very next day, got up around 4:40 a.m. (as my shift starts at 6 a.m.), forgot everything about the late-night call, took my trustworthy bike (HH glamour) and drove to office. After reaching the office, was just parking my bike (around 5:55 am) got a call again from the same guy; only then I remembered about the conversation I had last night and I replied to him that I forgot to get my car to the office, so if it is okay for him to come to my place to have a look at it, he readily agreed but insisted that he wants to have a look at the earliest or before 9 a.m., so gave him the address and asked him to give me a call before he starts from his place.

Around 7:30 a.m., again got a call stating that he is already near my place, so took a break from office and reached home. He had a look at it, checked for any dents/scrapes, and started bargaining and finally negotiated for 2.95 L. He wanted to pay advance of 10K, as he was leaving town the same day and said that he will take delivery after 2-3 days. When he took out the cash to pay me, I was very upset looking at my Silk. At that moment, I felt pity on my Silk that I am going to sell it, so I convinced him to not pay the advance now as I am feeling a little weird and asked him to come back after 2 days.

The very next day, got a call from SE of Sagar that Alto K10 has arrived and I can have a TD. Rushed to the showroom to have a glimpse of it. To my eye, there was hardly any difference in the exterior/exterior except for longer bonnet and a little extra boot space. Took a test drive. Drive was amazing. The engine was well refined, same as A-Star, no glitches, but felt that it is not wise to sell my Silk for just a minor difference between the two, so dropped the idea of selling it.

Again, the same day, called up the guy who wanted to own my Silk and told him that I am unable to sell it now due to personal reasons, and then I got a shock of my life. He started threatening me of dire consequences if I wont sell him the car, he would harm me and even cause damage to my Silk. These type of calls continued for a few days, and I thought of filing an FIR against him, but then, he stopped calling or messaging me.

I felt better after taking decision of not selling my Silk and started pampering it by adding accessories to it. My wife was getting jealous of my Silk as I was spending more time with Silk rather than my wife .

Accessories:
      1. JVC KD 425 - 5000/-
      2. JBL and Sony Xplode speakers (front and rear) - 3,500/-
      3. Autocop central looking - 3,500/-
      Last edited by Ayaz; 9th Jun 2012 at 13:24.

Awesome

When I bought the car in May, my Silk was giving me some squealing noise from rear whenever it goes over a speed-breaker at lower speeds. I tried to figure out from where the noise is coming, but in vain. I had also informed the SA about this, but he said that as this is a new car, there will be some issues and those will be resolved in the consecutive scheduled services. I did not bother much, so thought of bringing it to notice on my next scheduled service. But again, it was annoying to drive with such noise, so once again visited showroom and asked them to solve it. The SA took test-drive, could not figure out from where the noise is coming, greased the suspension and handed it to me stating that it has been solved.

The noise was not heard for a few hours, and again back. Again called up the SA and informed him the same, and they asked to bring my Silk back. Now, two of the SAs sat and checked and said that these type of squealing noises are common in Alto. They said that now nothing can be done, so wait for second service so that they can rectify it completely. I did not agree and they said that if I want to get it resolved, have to leave my Silk for a day or two so that they can research and solve the issue. I agreed and left my Silk with them.

Now the wait begins. No call from Sagar for 2 days. After waiting for 2 days, gave a call to them inquiring about the progress for which they replied that they are still working on it, and will let me know about the same in a day or two. Again, the wait started, no call, so gave a surprise visit to Sagar to check the progress. After reaching Sagar, found that my car is not in the showroom, but it is in their yard in Electronic City and will be delivered the next day.......
      Last edited by Ayaz; 9th Jun 2012 at 13:52.

Awesome

The very next day, after my visit to their yard, got a call that my Silk is ready and issues have been resolved. I reached their showroom, took a test-drive, found no sound, returned back to note that again the squealing noise started after a few hours of driving. Got furious, called up SA and reported to him, but he replied that they have solved it and now nothing can be done.

So, shot up a mail to contact@maruti.co.in stating the issue, and within no time, got a call from the Service Engineer of Sagar Automobiles, who insisted me to handover my Silk to their SAs who are on the way to my place with a replacement vehicle, Zen, for me to use until they solve the issue. I was okay with it, and within two days the problem was solved. The squealing noise was actually from the seatbelt bolt, which was touching the body of my Silk. They apologized for taking such a long time to resolve this issue, and stated that this was the first Alto which had such issue, so they could not figure it out on day 1 (yeah, could figure it out only when we shot up a mail complaining about them).

GearHead
      Forza Ferrari!!!

Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by Ayaz View Post
      got a call from the Service Engineer of Sagar Automobiles, who insisted me to handover my Silk to their SAs who are on the way to my place with a replacement vehicle, Zen, for me to use until they solve the issue.
      Not bad, thats a good Customer Service.
      "Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us."
      -Calvin

Dai!!!

Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by KRRaj View Post
      Not bad, thats a good Customer Service.
      Yes, its a good customer service, so now I am going to Surakshaa to solve the issue, as that issue has resurfaced again.

Awesome

Guys! I want to put a chrome plate on the front grill of my Silk. Can anyone please suggest me a dealer/workshop where these chrome plates could be installed?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information