• Angry
  • Awesome
  • Hungry
  • Secret
  • Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Nomadic Trips : The City of Gaudi - Barcelona & Others...

No Commerce, Just Fun
      Rain, Rain, Come Again

Secret

Quote Originally Posted by HELLSTAR View Post
      wow , thats a really nice photologue, did you visit La Ramblas and all the other Gaudi's master pieces ???
      Thanks HELLSTAR, yes, as you can see we managed to go to La Rambla almost every day. We could not visit many of his master pieces.
      we visited the Sagrada Femilia Church, which is still under construction since 1909 and the museum dedicated to im.

May be next years if i manage to be back for Mobile World Congress,

Quote Originally Posted by rksingh1 View Post
      Good photologue Nomad. How about some textual experience sharing!

The postcard depicting the poor Lufthansa service was very good and accurate. My Experience of Blr-Frankfurt onboard Lufthansa was equally bad. Food served was poor, so were the "economical" drinks. No in-flight entertainment. A poor 12 inch faded common TV hanging in every segment. Headsets provided which might not work. My suggestions to fellow members - take Lufthansa only if you're left with no other option, including a ship journey (this I am exxaggerating, but I hope you got the idea)

MWC 2012! Amazing trip you had!

(Apologies if this thread meant to have no text - delete this post if you want to keep it in a certain way)

yes, it was a good trip from the travel, learning, sight seeing, food, business meetings etc. Luftansa was just fine for me as i prefer to sleep during longhaul flights. As i had pre-booked my meal. i got waht i wanted, it was excellent.

regarding some textual experience sharing, nothing specific to share. If you have any specific question about the images uploaded or the sights visited, please let me know, i will try to answer your questions.

Mobile World Congress will move to a new location within Barcelona from next year, ofcourse, i will miss the FIRA. but it would be an opportunity to click some pictures of the FIRA without those ugly looking boards or exhibit booths.
      Last edited by Nomad; 30th Jul 2012 at 15:11.

No Commerce, Just Fun
      Rain, Rain, Come Again

Secret

VISA on arrival to Indians & Phoren Trips

Just now read this story on Yahoo. Thought of sharing the same here.

These countries offer VISA on arrival to Indians. This might help when one plans a trip or vacation to nearby countries. one can add these locations to the plan without VISA related difficulties.

Countries that offer Visa On Arrival to Indians Photos | Pictures - Yahoo! India Finance

With the Kenya Tourism Board, planning to boost tourism revenues in three years, it offers Indians a VOA to Kenya for a max. stay of 3 months for $50, provided the passport contains at least one blank page for visa endorsement. Extension of stay is possible for additional 3 months. Visitors are required to hold proof of sufficient funds to cover their stay and documents required for their next destination.
      Photo: Getty Images

Name:  01 Af-Kenya.jpg
Views: 432
Size:  43.5 KB

The fourth largest island in the world, 90 percent of Madagascar’s flora and fauna, and many of its animal species are found nowhere else in the world. Indians can obtain a thirty-day visa free of charge at the Antananarivo airport, Madagascar’s primary international airport. If your stay is for up to 90 days, then multiple entry visa costs $84.00.
      Photo: Aleix Garcia/Flickr

Name:  02 Af-madagascar.jpg
Views: 374
Size:  106.3 KB

Indian businesses have in recent years made inroads into the mining and cashew processing industries in Mozambique, a former Portuguese colony, which has seen stable administration since the end of a civil war in the early 1990s. Facilities for tourism in Maputo, the capital city, are steadily improving but remain limited in other areas. Visitors can obtain a visa on arrival, for a maximum stay of 30 days for $80.
      Photo: F H Mira/Flickr

Name:  03 Af-mozambique.jpg
Views: 390
Size:  47.9 KB

Beaches are the main attraction in Seychelles and how! With a dreamlike setting, this island (comprising of 115 of them) is an obvious choice for honeymooners. What’s more, a visa on arrival is issued free of charge. The Visitor’s Permit is initially valid for the period of visit of up to one month. It can be extended for a period of up to three months from the date of issue and capable of further extensions. One needs to have a passport valid on the date of entry to and exit from Seychelles, return or onward ticket, proof of accommodation; including contact details and sufficient funds for the duration of the stay.
      Photo: Tiare Scott/Flickr

Name:  04 Af-seychelles.jpg
Views: 380
Size:  33.8 KB

Bolivia visa for Indians can be obtained on arrival by paying a fee of $52 at La Paz airport. Six months validity on your passport is a must. The landlocked country is the highest and most isolated country in South America.
      Photo: Joeke-Remkus de Vries/Flickr

Name:  05 Am-bolivia.jpg
Views: 377
Size:  47.9 KB

Indians can obtain a VOA to El Salvador by purchasing a tourist card for $10 to stay for a maximum of up to 3 months. This tourist card is generally issued for 90 days and includes Guatemala, Honduras and Nicaragua and one can travel for 90 days throughout those 4 countries, called the CA-4.
      Photo: Stefan Krasowski/Flickr

Name:  06 Am-El-Salvador.jpg
Views: 390
Size:  84.9 KB

In Saint Kitts and Nevis, Indians can obtain a visa on arrival for free for a maximum stay of 3 months provided holding proof of sufficient funds to cover their stay. Proof of a valid return or onward ticket, and proof of adequate funds to cover the cost of their stay in St. Kitts and Nevis is required as well. The twin islands have beaches with the beauty of the mountains and plenty of activities.

Name:  07 Am-Kitts-and-Nevis.jpg
Views: 365
Size:  37.1 KB

Another glossed over honeymoon spot, Indians can obtain a visa on arrival to St. Lucia for a maximum stay of 6 weeks by paying a fee of $50 and holding proof of sufficient funds to cover their stay. St. Lucia has an amazing scene for scuba diving

Name:  08 Am-St-Lucia.jpg
Views: 365
Size:  55.4 KB

Who would’ve thought that Antarctica would feature in this list? Of course since it’s part of no country, no visa is required. However, you do need a permit to enter, visas for destinations enroute that you stop at, and a handsome budget. As most Antarctica flights and cruises depart from Argentina or Chile, you will need to show your passports in either country. You will also need to be prepared for any unscheduled stops in foreign lands, which could be the result of rough seas or all around bad weather.

Name:  09 antartica.jpg
Views: 362
Size:  27.7 KB

With Hong Kong's economy one of the fastest growing in the world and supporting a booming middle class, tourism is a potential sector for growth. With this in mind, the country offers a fourteen-day entry stamp free of charge at Hong Kong airport for Indians. Visitors are required to show evidence of sufficient funds to cover their stay in Hong Kong and hold travel documents, including visas and confirmed flight tickets, required for their return or next destination.

Name:  10 As-hong-kong.jpg
Views: 363
Size:  34.0 KB

Giving the South Asian cooperation some practical shape, Indians can obtain a VOA for a maximum stay of 90 days in Maldives, free of charge. Visitors are required to hold confirmed return/onward tickets and Hotel Reservation. Visitors who do not have a hotel reservation are required to hold at least US$ 30 per person per day to cover their stay in Maldives.

Name:  11 As-Maldives.jpg
Size:  31.1 KB

Just across the border, Nepal offers plenty of sights for mountain lovers. With the largest tourism market for Nepal being India (27 percent of total tourists), a single entry visa on arrival is granted to Indian citizens for upto 150 days in Nepal.

Name:  12 As-nepal.jpg
Views: 367
Size:  34.3 KB

Generally, a foreign citizen who wishes to enter the Kingdom of Thailand is required to obtain a visa from a Royal Thai Embassy or a Royal Thai Consulate-General. However, Indians can obtain visa on arrival in Thailand for a stay of 15-30 days with a fee of US$ 35.

Name:  13 As-Thailand.jpg
Views: 360
Size:  43.1 KB

Albania Visa on Arrival can be obtained for those holding a letter issued by the Albanian Ministry of Interior confirming that a visa will be available on arrival. Albania is a small, mountainous country in the Balkan peninsula, with pristine beaches and a bursting bright capital.
      Photo: Joseph Ferris/Flickr

Name:  14 Eur-albania.jpg
Size:  56.6 KB

Indians holding an official invitation letter issued by Azerbaijan and pre-cleared before travel can obtain a visa on arrival. The passport must be valid for at least 6 months after the expiry date of the Azerbaijani visa applied for. Very few people speak English, outside the capital but the country is filled with rugged mountains.

Name:  15 Eur-Azerbaijan.jpg
Views: 358
Size:  79.0 KB

Turkey Visa for Indians can be obtained on arrival provided holding a visa issued by the UK, USA or a Schengen Country for $20. Turkey boasts of rich history (the Ottoman empire) and great scenery from white-sand beaches to towering mountains.

Name:  16 Eur-turkey.jpg
Views: 364
Size:  57.7 KB
      Last edited by Nomad; 18th Apr 2014 at 17:22.

No Commerce, Just Fun
      Rain, Rain, Come Again

Secret

More countires that offer VISA on Arrival to Indians

Since yesterday, i was thinking only 17 countires offer VISA on arrival to Indians ?

Thanks to this link Countries that offer Visa on arrival for Indians - Travel Features and Articles
      for info on more countries that offer VISA to Indian on arrival.

Sri Lanka

The island of Sri Lanka is truly beautiful. The people are friendly, the cuisine absolutely delicious, the golden beaches of Bentota are legendary, the spice gardens intoxicating, the cultural heritage legion and the shopping ever so cheap whether it be clothes, rubies or emeralds! Sri Lanka is a destination where you can chill out, relax and have a holiday that you will remember.

A visa on arrival costs USD 15.

Name:  17 beach-in-sri-lanka.jpg
Views: 309
Size:  27.2 KB

Name:  17 sri-lankan-cuisine.jpg
Views: 302
Size:  31.5 KB

Name:  17 kandy-temple-sri-lanka.jpg
Views: 304
Size:  36.3 KB

Fiji Islands

Located in the South Pacific, the Fiji Islands have their own charm. Sun-drenched beaches, aquamarine sea, fabulous marine life, warm friendly island people and a laid back way of life. What more can one ask for when one ventures to the Fiji islands for a vacation. Perfect for honeymooners and perfect for holiday seekers – Fiji is actually the perfect place to holiday!

A visa on arrival is issued free of charge.

Name:  18 fijian-dancers.jpg
Views: 295
Size:  60.2 KB

Name:  18 kadoka-fish-food-in-fiji.jpg
Views: 301
Size:  33.4 KB

Name:  18 sand-dunes-sigatoka-fiji.jpg
Views: 297
Size:  24.2 KB

Cambodia

If you are looking beyond budget shopping in Thailand and the buzz of Singapore, set your sight upon Cambodia. The World Heritage Angkor Wat Temple complex lies within kissing distance of Siem Reap the closest airport, and the magnificent temples of Angkor are a living testimony to the architectural prowess of the powerful Khmer empire. Phnom Penh is the capital city of Cambodia, and is a wonderful mix of the east and west where the colonial charm still lingers.

A visa on arrival costs USD 25.

Name:  19 angkor-wat-statue.jpg
Views: 315
Size:  37.8 KB

Name:  19 angkor-wat-monk-at-prayer.jpg
Views: 298
Size:  27.3 KB

Name:  19 angkor-wat-cambodia.jpg
Views: 295
Size:  35.8 KB

Mauritius

An island in the sun is what they call Mauritius, and rightly so! Brilliant blue sea, silver sands and lovely island people that welcome you with their warm hospitality, Mauritius is a wonderful vacation destination. Spend the day at Ile aux Cerf snorkeling, go for the incredible Undersea Walk, visit Chameral to see the seven-coloured earth or simply relax with a daiquiri by the poolside at your resort hotel. Whatever you do, Mauritius is a holiday like no other – come back relaxed and rejuvenated, ready to take on the world!

A visa on arrival is issued free of charge

Name:  20 mauritius-beach.jpg
Views: 289
Size:  36.2 KB

Name:  20 colored-earth-mauritius.jpg
Views: 305
Size:  41.0 KB

Name:  20 pamplemousses-mauritius.jpg
Views: 289
Size:  35.1 KB

Bali, Indonesia

If you are looking for a vacation that has a little bit of everything – look no further! Bali is the perfect spot. Relax by the beach, swim or snorkel in clear blue waters and enjoy water sports. Bali is also the perfect place if you are a culture freak and are looking to imbibe a little bit of Indonesian heritage found in their ornate temples and graceful dancers who will enthrall you with their performance. And if you are a shopaholic, buy all the batik and beautiful handmade crafts you want.

A visa on arrival is available at USD 35.

Name:  21 bali-dancers.jpg
Views: 293
Size:  34.5 KB

Name:  21 Bali-Nusa-dua.jpg
Views: 297
Size:  34.1 KB

Name:  21 Bali-Villa.jpg
Views: 300
Size:  34.2 KB

I did a bit more search, found this wikipedia page which details the countries around the world who offer VIAS on arrival to Indians. There are many countries that waives VISA if the passport has certain other country's VISA stamp on it along with needed money to spend in thier country.

Visa requirements for Indian citizens - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
      Last edited by Nomad; 18th Nov 2012 at 14:16.

Awesome

Boy , an eye opener thread for me! Never thought that so many countries give Visa on arrival for Indian citizens. Thanks Nomad for sharing this info.

However few years ago, one of my office colleagues had to suffer at Bankok International Airport. His flight landed at 3 am local time and immigration guy refused to stamp his Passport until morning if he does not give him a bribe of 50 dollars. I am not sure what is the current situation.
      Last edited by yksharma; 18th Nov 2012 at 17:14.
      2012 Ford Figo 1.4 Titanium, 2006 Bajaj Pulsar 150

I was lonely driving here tonight so I hugged the road.

Rabid Dog Club
      Giving excuses!

Awesome

Do we need visa for Macau??
      Toyota Camry MT|TATA Safari EX 4x2

Rabid Dog Club - bite first, bark later :-P

“The auto industry is not a charity that produces widgets for driving enthusiasts.”

No Commerce, Just Fun
      Rain, Rain, Come Again

Secret

camchennai.

Macau visa can be secured on arrival. I think it was same when I went there in 2003.

More info http://www.travelchinaguide.com/embassy/visa/macau.html. Or http://www.Macau.visahq.in
      Last edited by Nomad; 18th Nov 2012 at 17:58.

Not on GH anymore!

Secret

Below 24 countries also give "Visa on Arrival" to Indian citizens.

1. Burundi
      2. Cape Verde
      3. Central African Republic
      4. Comoros
      5. Djibouti
      6. Egypt
      7. Ethiopia
      8. Gambia
      9. Guinea-Bissau
      10. Guyana
      11. Jordan
      12. Kosovo
      13. Laos
      14. Macao
      15. Nauru
      16. Samoa
      17. Sao Tome & Principe
      18. St Kitts & Nevis
      19. St Lucia
      20. Tanzania
      21. Timor Leste
      22. Togo
      23. Tuvalu
      24. Uganda

Visa on Arrival countries for Indians.
      My Flickr - www.flickr.com/photos/103602929@N08

ironically a remapped tdi is
      faster than the next segment
      tdi at lesser price.

Awesome

i have assigned an agent to attest my certificates and get me a job visa to Australia.... it is 2 months...he says Delhi embassy stamping done, ( may be he meant appostille convention stamping), ..now he says state attestation also required, thats at vidan soudha, bangalore... i dont understand... any ideas guys...and what all steps are pending before getting a flight ticket...like medical, job offer,etc???

Traveling...

Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by H Rajesh Kumar View Post
      i have assigned an agent to attest my certificates and get me a job visa to Australia.... it is 2 months...
      I think this post of off-topic.

Btw, are you sure they are authorized agents for processing this? Please understand that most of these operators are fraudsters and keep asking for money at various stages and finally end up providing a fake visa/documents. Suggest you to be extremely cautious about such agents who offer job visas abroad. A job has to be earned not bought.
      Last edited by appuchan; 21st Dec 2012 at 19:28.

"Cogito Ergo Sum"

Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by Nomad View Post
      With the largest tourism market for Nepal being India (27 percent of total tourists), a single entry visa on arrival is granted to Indian citizens for upto 150 days in Nepal.
      A slight correction my friend, Visa is not required for Nepal

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread Information