• Angry
  • Awesome
  • Hungry
  • Secret
  • Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: BeeSound Competition Setup with HAT, AudioWave, Celestra, Tchernov and McIntosh

not aware that he can set his status here!

Awesome

Thumbs up BeeSound Competition Setup with HAT, AudioWave, Celestra, Tchernov and McIntosh

Just when I was getting all smug and complacent thinking I had heard pretty much whatever is possible in terms of SQ, along comes a resounding ***** slap from Mi10 bringing me back down to earth.

Mcintosh, Audiowave, HAT Legatia 3 way and Tchernov! The first 1000W RMS front stage I have ever heard. Scott Buwalda would be proud of this one. More details tomorrow.
      Last edited by Mi10; 22nd Jun 2012 at 09:44. Reason: Added Celestra
      I don't know what's gonna happen man but I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames

Hungry

Quote Originally Posted by Gilead View Post
      Just when I was getting all smug and complacent thinking I had heard pretty much whatever is possible in terms of SQ, along comes a resounding ***** slap from Mi10 bringing me back down to earth.

Mcintosh, Audiowave, HAT Legatia 3 way and Tchernov! The first 1000W RMS front stage I have ever heard. Scott Buwalda would be proud of this one. More details tomorrow.
      Whoa! Project R2 is back? Can't wait till tomorrow.

Stark Industries
      Opinion are like Assholes,
      Everyone has one

Hungry

Heard It, was speechless, am going to kill myself to get that LIC insurance to ICE my car

Quote Originally Posted by bamaboy View Post
      R2 was never stopped
      Last edited by IronMan; 18th Jun 2012 at 23:11.
      Alto --- Lets Go.... but where ???

Reboot
      Curiosity killed the cat;
      Insecurity killed the man

Hungry

Quote Originally Posted by Gump View Post
      R2 was never stopped
      No Guys, this is not the R2. This is the High end BeeSound Demo car.

Heard It, was speechless, am going to kill myself to get that LIC insurance to ICE my car
      The Car had ~40 man hours of work after you heared the last time. So this is very different from that; in a nice way, that is

Preview pic:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20120617_201707.jpg 
Views:	74 
Size:	477.0 KB 
ID:	88848
      RIP Penguin May 2013 - Dec 2015

Audio Enthusiast
      SO can't stop the XUV

Hungry

Quote Originally Posted by Mi10 View Post
      This is the High end BeeSound Demo car.
      Wow ! I can't control my enthusiasm to audition this demo car ! Mi10, would you be kind enough to let me audition this one please

am going to kill myself to get that LIC insurance to ICE my car
      Owe it to me. I'll use the car & enjoy the ICE in it after it has been done with the setup
      Last edited by Lvramanan; 19th Jun 2012 at 11:19.

Dream is not what you see when you sleep;dream is something that doesn't make you sleep - A. P. J. Abdul Kalam.

Mahindra XUV 500
      Tata Tiago XZ Petrol
      Honda Hornet
      Honda Activa
      Honda Dio

Awesome

The demo

I had a chance to listen to the high end Beesound demo car late last night. This is not Project R2. R2 is a wildass crazy idea conceived by Mi10 and kept under wraps. We may yet experience it one day. The high Beesound demo car was conceived entirely by zoso02 I believe. Executed by the Ice Gawd and installed by Power Zone. And what an install!

The Mcintosh HU as many people know has zero tuning options. The Audiowave amplifier also has zero tuning options if I am not mistaken. No HPF, no LPF, no EQ, nothing. Staging and imaging were perfected by sheer experimentation of the 3 way locations on the doorpad and the A Pillar. Yes, the stock Fiesta doorpad is no more. I doubt any kind of damping on any stock door can withstand the 1000W RMS that is being pumped into the front stage. First thing I noticed was that the custom doorpad is made entirely of MDF and FG. Pure function over form and the results were staggering. The doorpad is hard as a rock and there was no hint of any kind of a false sound even at the highest possible volume level.

I don’t think there is any point talking about the sound signature of the setup. This is easily the best I have ever heard. My own setup which is not shy to pound hard while retaining crystal clear clarity at high volumes sounds rather anemic now. It’s been like 18 hours since I heard the demo car and my setup still sounds weak. Such was the sheer IMPACT of the sound. This is nothing like I have ever heard before. Praveen played the same drum solo that the HAT guys played in their Infinity demo car at CES and this one was even better than that. The sheer strength of the vocals and the tonal accuracy of the instruments were unlike anything I have ever heard before. Pretty much everything I have heard till now sounds rather amateurish compared to this one.

We started the demo with 320 kbps MP3s from my own USB stick played through the KOS. I won’t be making this mistake again because I doubt I can hear the same songs in my ICE ever again. Damn you, Mi10! And then out came Audio CDs, the forte of the Mcintosh. After 30 minutes, I came out feeling all humbled and desperate for a smoke. This is music reproduction in its purest form. No compromise all the way from the source to the wires to the amplifier to the speakers. It doesn’t get any better than this. The HAT 3 way is the L6SE, L4 Carbon and L1 Pro. Praveen can confirm this. Bi-amped and being fed 4 X 250W RMS from the Audiowave. Just volume up/down on the HU. Buttons are not even backlit. No subwoofer. And oh yeah, running passive!

Thank you for the astounding demo, Praveen.
      Last edited by Gilead; 19th Jun 2012 at 16:01.
      I don't know what's gonna happen man but I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames

Reboot

Hungry

The HAT 3 way is the L6SE, L4 Carbon and L1 Pro. Praveen can confirm this.
      Thanks Vijay. Front stage is L6SE Midbass, L4SE Carbon MidRange and L1 Pro Ring Radiating Tweeters - Runnning Passive with L3X 3-Way Crossover.

The toughest part is the getting the Speaker positioning spot on !. It took close to 50 Man hours and four different mould experiments to get it perfect !
      Thanks to Saravana of Power Zone for his pateince and commitment.

The Setup is still completing its run-in, Demo's would be available after this

Cheers
      Mi10

Hungry

Mi10 sir, where are the pics and install logs? I need something to drool upon and .

Reboot

Hungry

Mi10 sir, where are the pics and install logs? I need something to drool upon and .
      Coming Soon...

Reboot

Hungry

Part 1: Drawing Board

Jasdeep (Zoso02) came up with the idea of a High end Competition Car for BeeSound. We wanted a Setup with a Simplistic Approach but with Killer Performance. As the saying goes, 'A Setup is a good as its weakest link' hence we left no stone unturned achieving our objective. As we ll know the Car itself plays an important role when it comes to Sound Reproduction. We had quite a few cars to choose from. We narrowed it down to Fiesta as it was a relativley new car when compared to the rest and more importantly better built to withstand quality Music.

The Car: Ford Fiesta 1.6 S
      Year: 2010
      KM on Odo: 12500 KM
      Fuel: Petrol
      Color: Paparika Red

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P1016388.JPG 
Views:	98 
Size:	780.4 KB 
ID:	88970

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast