• Angry
  • Awesome
  • Hungry
  • Secret
  • Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Results 1 to 10 of 14

    Thread: help!! suggestions required

    1. #1

      bored
       
      Awesome
       
      anubis's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jun 2012
      Location
      bangalore
      Posts
      333

      help!! suggestions required

      i am planning to buy a car in may be two months from now. this will be the first car in my family. i hope the following details will help narrow down the suggestions...

      1. i will mostly use my bike (avenger 220) for city commute. love the long rides too. so it might be clear that i am not a car guy.

      2. i would prefer a smaller car, second hand is an option too. this is mainly coz toyota fortuner is definitely gonna be my car next.

      3. my main and may be only requirement is that i need a convertable or a two seater. i have looked at SAN storm but need all your suggestions coz i am a first timer.

      4. not so keen on budget part, if the car is worth it i am ready to pay. and if you have any other suggestions for my first car please tell.

      thanks in advance.

    2. #2
      Support Donkey
      Turbo Lag - Giving the NA guys
      just 1 extra second of false
      hope :p
       
      Awesome
       
      mclaren1885's Avatar
      Join Date
      Oct 2009
      Location
      Bangalore
      Posts
      23,190
      Quote Originally Posted by anubis View Post
      my main and may be only requirement is that i need a convertable or a two seater.
      Very limited options in that department and honestly I would suggest against looking for such a car Key. Even if you get a Toyota Sera, Mazda Miata, San Storm, servicing them and getting parts will be a bigger PITA.

      Since it's a first car for you, pick up a Old Honda City 1.5. You can always mod it later on if you find it boring to drive. Or an Esteem. You will be a lot happier.
      2002 Tata Indica DLS.
      2004 Suzuki Zen - A G13B eater.
      2005 Suzuki Baleno - India's fastest Naturally Aspirated Baleno timed on a drag strip officially!
      2008 Suzuki Swift VDi - The Rattle King.
      2011 Chevrolet Cruze - The Torque Monster.
      2016 Ford Ecosport 1.5 TDCi Titanium - The SQ Machine in the making.
      2017 Skoda Octavia VRS - A 400+HP corner craving machine!
      2014 MOC SQ Pro Champions.
      Harmonixx Tuning - Importers for Audiofrog & Arc Audio/APR Tuning Authorized Dealers/Engine Remap Specialists for all makes/models.
      Dealers for Rainbow/Mosconi/Eton/Stetcom/Tru Technology/Blam Audio/Mobridge/Stetsom/Audible Physics/AIV/Gladen/Dampmat/Dr Artex Damping and more.

    3. #3

      bored
       
      Awesome
       
      anubis's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jun 2012
      Location
      bangalore
      Posts
      333
      ok help me find a good one?

    4. #4

      Enjoying the roar of a V8!!!
       
      Awesome
       
      gnishan's Avatar
      Join Date
      Apr 2012
      Location
      Atlanta, USA - Chennai, India
      Posts
      166
      Quote Originally Posted by anubis View Post

      3. my main and may be only requirement is that i need a convertable or a two seater. i have looked at SAN storm but need all your suggestions coz i am a first timer.
      If i was in your position, i would definitely stay away from San Storm and other cars like that. Garage time will be more than the running time for those kind of cars because sourcing parts is a big head ache in case of any technical snags. And those cars are not reliable or NOT as fun as it sounds on the highway/long trips.

      If your budget is between 2.5 to 4 lakhs, i would suggest to go for a well maintained 2001-2004 Honda City1.5 V-tec or a Swift(Turbo mod will be interesting) or a mint condition Baleno. All these three cars are good for performance mods.

      If your budget is between 4 and 6 lakhs and if you are looking into the diesel cars, i would suggest Punto 1.3Multi-jet 90bhp version(VFM in Used diesel market) or Swift 1.3DDis or a i20 CRdi

    5. #5

      bored
       
      Awesome
       
      anubis's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jun 2012
      Location
      bangalore
      Posts
      333

      Smile

      Quote Originally Posted by gnishan View Post
      If your budget is between 2.5 to 4 lakhs, i would suggest to go for a well maintained 2001-2004 Honda City1.5 V-tec or a Swift(Turbo mod will be interesting) or a mint condition Baleno. All these three cars are good for performance mods.

      If your budget is between 4 and 6 lakhs and if you are looking into the diesel cars, i would suggest Punto 1.3Multi-jet 90bhp version(VFM in Used diesel market) or Swift 1.3DDis or a i20 CRdi
      i have always liked car with longer body!! no matter how hard they are to drive in cramped cities!! i have not fixed a budget as of now but the car i have....

      after the kolli hills drive i have fallen in love with laura. n it is the most comfortable car i have been in. megazoid is to be blamed. you should have got your swift, now i have to spend more on buying a car.

      anyways any idea how much is the right amount to buy one? and megazoid and @all your thoughts on this!! would need all suggestions i can get!!

    6. #6

      It's not how fast you drive.
      It's how you drive fast.
       
      Awesome
       
      megazoid's Avatar
      Join Date
      Feb 2012
      Location
      Bangalore
      Posts
      1,419
      If this is your first car and you don't want to burn too much money, pick up a hot hatch(petrol/diesel). Then drive drive drive. The two seater dreams could always be realised by throwing the two back seats out. I would say, a good hatch with a suspension mod at the most will be a really good value for money. Put in two bucket seats up front, get some driving techniques right and u have a track animal too. If you get too wild over time, get a roll cage and you have a safe small car to mow the ghats.

      Laura is a great blend of power and comfort. Maybe an overkill if you are just starting. You want a bare bodied drive that can be used bindaas!

    7. #7

      bored
       
      Awesome
       
      anubis's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jun 2012
      Location
      bangalore
      Posts
      333
      Quote Originally Posted by megazoid
      Laura is a great blend of power and comfort. Maybe an overkill if you are just starting. You want a bare bodied drive that can be used bindaas!
      So which car do u suggest?? tat is exactly wat i did with my bike, i was not a great rider b4 i bought my bike. I just thought comfort and power. Although i had to compromise on power aspect avengr is comfortable. N within no time i could handle a bike better than most of my friens used to riding! So taking that calculated risk wont be right with cars?? Not a big fan of tracks actually, its the open roads i lik to chase. More of a cruise person than race!
      An intellectual is a man who doesn't know how to park a bike - Spiro T. Agnew

      2011 Avenger 220 (black) - riding strong and riding hard
      2006 Machismo 350 (black - chrome) - the beast is ready for anything
      2009 Machismo LB500 (Alberto green - Chrome) - Big Brother of the previous Beast

      The best alarm clock is sunshine on chrome.


    8. #8
      Support Donkey
      Turbo Lag - Giving the NA guys
      just 1 extra second of false
      hope :p
       
      Awesome
       
      mclaren1885's Avatar
      Join Date
      Oct 2009
      Location
      Bangalore
      Posts
      23,190
      Quote Originally Posted by anubis View Post
      So which car do u suggest?
      Quote Originally Posted by mclaren1885 View Post
      Since it's a first car for you, pick up a Old Honda City 1.5. You can always mod it later on if you find it boring to drive. Or an Esteem.
      That, if you don't mind buying a petrol.

      If you want a diesel, that you can without thinking go out on long trips, then get a Swift D or a Getz CRDi. I would say get the Getz CRDi. All though, any vehicle you buy has to be immaculately maintained, specially if it's a diesel.

      You must be crazy to buy a Laura etc and wanting to learn driving on it.
      2002 Tata Indica DLS.
      2004 Suzuki Zen - A G13B eater.
      2005 Suzuki Baleno - India's fastest Naturally Aspirated Baleno timed on a drag strip officially!
      2008 Suzuki Swift VDi - The Rattle King.
      2011 Chevrolet Cruze - The Torque Monster.
      2016 Ford Ecosport 1.5 TDCi Titanium - The SQ Machine in the making.
      2017 Skoda Octavia VRS - A 400+HP corner craving machine!
      2014 MOC SQ Pro Champions.
      Harmonixx Tuning - Importers for Audiofrog & Arc Audio/APR Tuning Authorized Dealers/Engine Remap Specialists for all makes/models.
      Dealers for Rainbow/Mosconi/Eton/Stetcom/Tru Technology/Blam Audio/Mobridge/Stetsom/Audible Physics/AIV/Gladen/Dampmat/Dr Artex Damping and more.

    9. #9

      Enjoying the roar of a V8!!!
       
      Awesome
       
      gnishan's Avatar
      Join Date
      Apr 2012
      Location
      Atlanta, USA - Chennai, India
      Posts
      166
      Quote Originally Posted by anubis View Post
      i have always liked car with longer body!! no matter how hard they are to drive in cramped cities!! i have not fixed a budget as of now but the car i have....

      after the kolli hills drive i have fallen in love with laura. n it is the most comfortable car i have been in. megazoid is to be blamed. you should have got your swift, now i have to spend more on buying a car.

      anyways any idea how much is the right amount to buy one? and megazoid and @all your thoughts on this!! would need all suggestions i can get!!
      Yea, Laura is a nice car with overall good ratings. But, Some people do not like the Skoda A.S.S and i too have had a bad experience with Skoda and that is the only reason im staying away from Skoda.

      I would suggest to go for a hatch either diesel or petrol depending on your daily usage. Do go for a diesel car if your daily running is more than 40kms per day because now a days even 40+kms a day scream for diesel due to the fuel price hike.

      But, if it is less than that you can go for a petrol and you can get some really good VFM cars since the petrol car's market value and demand has come down drastically. You can even look at a less used 2005 or 2006 Honda Accord 2.4M/T at a very attractive price. Since you like longer sedans, you wont regret if you buy an Accord which has a perfect blend of luxury, performance and reliability for FIRST TIME buyers.

    10. #10

      bored
       
      Awesome
       
      anubis's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jun 2012
      Location
      bangalore
      Posts
      333
      Quote Originally Posted by gnishan
      You can even look at a less used 2005 or 2006 Honda Accord 2.4M/T at a very attractive price. Since you like longer sedans, you wont regret if you buy an Accord which has a perfect blend of luxury, performance and reliability for FIRST TIME buyers.
      Wat do u think wil be the Right price?? I mean wat is the market price like??
      An intellectual is a man who doesn't know how to park a bike - Spiro T. Agnew

      2011 Avenger 220 (black) - riding strong and riding hard
      2006 Machismo 350 (black - chrome) - the beast is ready for anything
      2009 Machismo LB500 (Alberto green - Chrome) - Big Brother of the previous Beast

      The best alarm clock is sunshine on chrome.


    Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

    Thread Information

    Users Browsing this Thread

    There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

    Similar Threads

    1. 5.25 Components Required
      By chid in forum Sold Items / Closed Trades / Completed Deals
      Replies: 10
      Last Post: 30th May 2012, 21:57
    2. help required
      By speedodude in forum Vintage & Classics
      Replies: 1
      Last Post: 16th Feb 2012, 18:19
    3. ICE for I 10 suggestions required
      By bondmamba in forum Equipment & Install Queries
      Replies: 2
      Last Post: 16th Jan 2012, 20:51
    4. Goan tour by group of bachelors - suggestions&advices required
      By OnTheRoad in forum Route Maps & Holiday Discussions
      Replies: 41
      Last Post: 8th Dec 2011, 12:50
    5. Suggestions required for selecting mono block amps!!
      By griffith in forum Equipment & Install Queries
      Replies: 73
      Last Post: 22nd Nov 2011, 18:38

    Bookmarks

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •