• Angry
  • Awesome
  • Hungry
  • Secret
  • Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Ford Fiesta Classic a good buy now?

On board BW KESTREL

Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by Mustang.101 View Post
      Not true, some discontinued car parts are expensive but they were equally expensive when the cars were in production. When i bought the ikon, the parts were quite expensive but as on date most of the parts cost much less than that even though the ikon is no longer in production.
      I'm not sure. I hope your statement is true (my sister is buying a Figo). But I read somewhere that prices for parts of the Ikon have recently been hiked.
      The only people who have a problem with FIAT are those who have never owned one!

not aware that he can set his status here!

Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by P3T3R View Post
      I'm not sure. I hope your statement is true (my sister is buying a Figo). But I read somewhere that prices for parts of the Ikon have recently been hiked.
      Some small hikes or discounts keep taking place due to industry supply and demand and also government policies. But its nothing.

For eg. A 50% reduction in price due to localisation may be followed by an 8% increase in price due to market conditions the next year. So it's hardly a hike.
      Ford Fiesta 1.6 (2010),
      Ford Fusion+ TDCi (2010),
      Trek 3500 (2012)
      In France or Belgium till march 20.

Coasting...

Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by fordfan View Post
      Yes that's a good point... Ideally it should be cheap and easily available but that may not be the case in reality

Tagging jaguar derfaultier (both ikon owners) to get their thoughts on what is the situation for spare parts cost and availability
      Fiesta owner, actually. My personal experience is that I never had to wait for a part when my Fiesta needed it.

One of the reasons could be that I treat Service Advisors with repect, never ever abused them. Or anyone else at the dealership, for that matter. There were instances when something got left out, I'd get really mad about it, but I used to call back and remind them very politely of deficient service and they'd set it right the next time I went there.

And the fact that I only go to one dealership, Metro Ford. I tried the other, Elite in Bangalore and MPL in Chennai, but the best response / responsiveness was from Metro.

I realise that some may have had a different experience with various dealers and I don't want to start off a tangential discussion about various A.S.S-es - pun entirely unintended - but what works for me is sticking to one dealership and one set of technicians.

Another reason I was probably getting the parts very quickly was that I'd hover around the dealership till they got the part and keep asking questions about their work - maybe they just wanted to get rid of me real fast!

With regards to price, I just paid what I was asked to pay - if something seemed unreasonable, I'd mention it and they'd find a way to offer me something else at a discount. Or sweeten it with additional service without cost. Haven't had to spend much on the sxi since I got it, really.

Then again, not much would go bad in a Feb 2008 diesel SXI with 28999 KM on the clock (as of 8:00 PM today) so far, eh? ;-P

On board BW KESTREL

Awesome

Some small hikes or discounts keep taking place due to industry supply and demand and also government policies. But its nothing.

For eg. A 50% reduction in price due to localisation may be followed by an 8% increase in price due to market conditions the next year. So it's hardly a hike.
      Quote Originally Posted by derfaultier View Post
      With regards to price, I just paid what I was asked to pay - if something seemed unreasonable, I'd mention it and they'd find a way to offer me something else at a discount. Or sweeten it with additional service without cost. Haven't had to spend much on the sxi since I got it, really.
      I was referring to an article about Ford "Quietly" raising the prices of "Ikon" spares.
      The only people who have a problem with FIAT are those who have never owned one!

Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by P3T3R View Post
      But how much will Ford charge for this support. Ford service and spares are really cheap for in production cars. But for discontinued models, it's a different story.
      Exactly! They jack up the prices.

Not true, some discontinued car parts are expensive but they were equally expensive when the cars were in production. When i bought the ikon, the parts were quite expensive but as on date most of the parts cost much less than that even though the ikon is no longer in production.
      Not true! See the thread I put up regarding the same Ford quietly increases Ikon spare part prices - Page 2
      The Ikon spare costs have been doubled in most cases. It is now expensive to maintain an Ikon when compared to the Fiesta. I am sure it will be the same case with Classic sometime down the lane. So it is always beneficial to buy the car in the initial stages of its production cycle.

Creativity is sometimes stuck
      until a brush named 'last
      minute panic' is used to
      unclog

Awesome

Instead of starting a new thread I figured I'd rather post on this one. Kindly excuse me if this is not approved, mods.

My question - I was always interested in the Ford Classic 1.6SName:  images.jpg
Views: 301
Size:  6.3 KB

But when it was on sale, I was still a student and I had no plans to buy one.
      However, I am interested in buying one now, in Bangalore. I would like to know if I can talk to any of the owners/experts in Bangalore.

Cheers,
      Vivek

In Bhai we Trust

Hungry

Quote Originally Posted by Vivek Aaraga View Post
      But when it was on sale, I was still a student and I had no plans to buy one.
      However, I am interested in buying one now, in Bangalore. I would like to know if I can talk to any of the owners/experts in Bangalore.

Cheers,
      Vivek
      There are very few of those in the roads now a days. Tagging Mi10 and Gilead. If you are looking at buying a used car i suggest you start a new thread in the classfieds -?>Wanted section.

Creativity is sometimes stuck
      until a brush named 'last
      minute panic' is used to
      unclog

Awesome

Thanks WildWeasel

Polo --> Tucson

Hungry

Mustang.101, do you have any updates on the future of Ford Classic? And any idea if there are any applicable discounts?

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread Information