• Angry
  • Awesome
  • Hungry
  • Secret
  • Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Ford Fiesta Classic a good buy now?

-:)

Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by sridhar k View Post
      Ford A.S.S denying warranty claims due to simple mods like 100/90, after market alloys, tyre upsizes
      My experience is exactly the opposite with warranty claims for my Fiesta. Every replacement was without any question & I found the people to be more friendly than Maruti ASS.

Also I was under the impression the warranty is for 3 yrs or 60,000 kms which ever is earlier ( I took 1 year extension in warranty at the time of purchase), but to my surprise I was told its 1,20,0000 kms or 3 yrs which ever is earlier.

In a loop

Secret

Quote Originally Posted by NAGA View Post
      My experience is exactly the opposite with warranty claims for my Fiesta. Every replacement was without any question & I found the people to be more friendly than Maruti ASS.

Also I was under the impression the warranty is for 3 yrs or 60,000 kms which ever is earlier ( I took 1 year extension in warranty at the time of purchase), but to my surprise I was told its 1,20,0000 kms or 3 yrs which ever is earlier.
      I was just passing the perception that is floating around and even remember it reading on a few forums that Ford is strict in enforcing the *no modification* clause while honouring warranty claims. have seen a few walk away from Ford because of this reason. General perception (that my friend has) may be far from reality (as seen in your case) but perception does play a role in a product/brand success or failure. . Guess it is ultimately the relationship with the service center that really matters irrespective of manufacturers.

ironically a remapped tdi is
      faster than the next segment
      tdi at lesser price.

Awesome

Guess it is ultimately the relationship with the service center that really matters irrespective of manufacturers.
      + 10000 to this...i agree.. ford is very strict..strict and unfriendly service center,even though some guys want to help... in this regard maruti rocks.. but ford vehicles are so driver friendly..

-:)

Awesome

but perception does play a role in a product/brand success or failure.
      Completely agree with you & that is the precise reason I share my experience too .

not aware that he can set his status here!

Awesome

Buying a Ford classic 1.6 is true value for money right now.
      There are already more than 1 lakh Fiestas (old) moving on Indian roads, so Ford should continue support for this product.
      Ford classic sells more than its new Fiesta. And i believe Ford will not discontinue it till the Euro V or BS V norms come into picture.
      This ain't no dead piece of metal. A car's a living, breathing thing, and she's alive. Feel it talking to you. Telling you what she wants, what she needs. All you gotta do is listen.

Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by greengeek View Post
      Ford will not discontinue it till the Euro V or BS V norms come into picture
      Green Geek--when will these norms come into the pic in India..and do you believe that Ford will stop the classic when this is implemented...

Squid--after seeing the prices, i too am thinking about selling my Astar and going for it. But the "discontinue" factor is putting me off...but as i could see from the ford fans, i dont have to worry for another 5 years...

live to Detail...am addicted

Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by muteflower View Post
      Green Geek--when will these norms come into the pic in India..and do you believe that Ford will stop the classic when this is implemented...

Squid--after seeing the prices, i too am thinking about selling my Astar and going for it. But the "discontinue" factor is putting me off...but as i could see from the ford fans, i dont have to worry for another 5 years...
      dont worry, Ford will support it with spare parts / service for at least 5- 7 yrs after it is discontinued...i think Mustang.101 more years....

Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by muteflower View Post

Quote Originally Posted by fordfan View Post

dont worry, Ford will support it with spare parts / service for at least 5- 7 yrs after it is discontinued...i think Mustang.101 more years....

The fiesta classic is nowhere close to being discontinued. Both the engines, petrol and diesel are Euro 4 currently and both are capable to be upgraded to euro 5. And ford supports all cars till 15 yrs after date of discontinuation.
      Ford Fiesta 1.6 (2010),
      Ford Fusion+ TDCi (2010),
      Trek 3500 (2012)
      In France or Belgium till march 20.

Awesome

he wasn't happy with his other friends experiences with most Ford A.S.S denying warranty claims due to simple mods like 100/90, after market alloys, tyre upsizes which other manufacturers are pretty lenient.
      Let me tell you from experience, I had no issues when the car was under warranty. But after that, when a replacement suspension failed prematurely, the A.S.S denied the warranty claim stating that I had aftermarket alloys. I love the car but hate the service. After every service, issues crop up which need multiple visits to sort out. After that it is a worry free period until the next service. The service cost is not too high IMO, just the attitude of the guys which gets into my head. So I'd probably not buy another Ford unless they improve on the service aspect.
      Last edited by KRRaj; 25th Sep 2012 at 22:58. Reason: Removed Duplicate

Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by jaguar View Post

Let me tell you from experience, I had no issues when the car was under warranty. But after that, when a replacement suspension failed prematurely, the A.S.S denied the warranty claim stating that I had aftermarket alloys. I love the car but hate the service. After every service, issues crop up which need multiple visits to sort out. After that it is a worry free period until the next service. The service cost is not too high IMO, just the attitude of the guys which gets into my head. So I'd probably not buy another Ford unless they improve on the service aspect.
      This is the case with all manufacturers. If you have aftermarket parts/accessories and you want to claim warranty for part related to that after market part then it will be denied. Car should be in stock condition for warranty to be valid.

And you will be in even more trouble if you have upgraded rims and tyre sizes as premature suspension wear/ brake wear/ steering slackness etc. sets in due to a number of factors most importantly the difference in weight of each stock wheel+tyre and aftermarket wheel+tyre.
      Last edited by Mustang.101; 25th Sep 2012 at 23:14.
      Ford Fiesta 1.6 (2010),
      Ford Fusion+ TDCi (2010),
      Trek 3500 (2012)
      In France or Belgium till march 20.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information