• Secret
  • Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Query regd. XUV500 delivery process

Audio Enthusiast
      SO can't stop the XUV

Hungry

Question Query regd. XUV500 delivery process

Hi all,

I've booked my XUV in the 3rd phase of bookings which reopened on 8th June this year. I've made by booking for a W8 Tucson red on 9th June with Zulaikha motors, Chennai & I was given a CPD date on 2nd September. I was informed by the dealer that I'll get the vehicle atleast 10 days in advance than the CPD date provided to me.

Today all of a sudden the SA with whom I was interacting all these days called & said that we've got an official circular from Mahindra that there's going to be an increase in Diesel cars excise duty (which I know is some kind of goof up ) and hence to benefit customers we're requesting to make the pay the ex-showroom price of the vehicle to safeguard yourself from the price raise. I asked him to send me the proof of the circular, for which he gave cat & bull stories saying its not official announcement by government but its going to be official since we got it from Mahindra. He urged me to get in touch for bank loan processing which I'm going ahead as anyways I need the loan processing to happen.

What I need as an opinion from you guys is that what safety measures should I take before I release the payment. I've asked for the VIN number & Chassis no. but SA told it'll be provided only after invoicing. I'm bit skeptical about this as I've not received any communication from Mahindra about this. I've read in the forums that Mahindra keep updating the customers with details, saying when the vehicle is ready from production unit, vehicle is in transit, etc. If I'm provided with a VIN no. I can check the manafacturing date & year of the vehicle. But if they invoice the vehicle, I'll be left with least options. I clearly told the SA that only after doing a PDI I'll release my final payment for which he told after invoicing you can do that. I know there's something suspicious but want to be careful so that I don't get stuck in the foul play by the dealers !

Please advice me how to proceed in this regard.

Thanks,
      Venkat.

Dream is not what you see when you sleep;dream is something that doesn't make you sleep - A. P. J. Abdul Kalam.

Mahindra XUV 500
      Tata Tiago XZ Petrol
      Honda Hornet
      Honda Activa
      Honda Dio

"Lost in Space"

Awesome

As far as I see the dealer is pushing you to make the payment and finalize the Deal, The Circular thing is doing rounds since 3 months...!! It surfaced even 1 month back when i went to book my car. I don't see how the dealer can safeguard you against the duty if your car is still under production.

Global Moderator
      Driving Worlds fastest truck!!

Awesome

IMO they are playing with you. They will eat the interest amount from the loan amount you give them. Without seeing the vehicle in the yard how can you give all the money in one go and then wait. You never know what vehicle they will give you in the end. So it is always better to see the vehicle and then pay full amount and get it invoice so that you will get the VIN and engine numbers intact and you know you will get the same vehicle.
      Try walking into YOUR car rather than crawling. For me walking is always best ---GURU SHISHIR

Audio Enthusiast
      SO can't stop the XUV

Hungry

Thanks Lozil & shishirbn.

Quote Originally Posted by Lozil View Post
      As far as I see the dealer is pushing you to make the payment and finalize the Deal
      I'm happy to do finalize the deal as long as I'm getting a new car without any loop holes. I suspect someone would've cancelled the booking & the dealer is trying to reallocate the same to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Lozil View Post
      I don't see how the dealer can safeguard you against the duty if your car is still under production
      I'm not sure about the status of the vehicle. Can I check with Mahindra Customer Care ? Will that be of any help ?

Quote Originally Posted by shishirbn View Post
      So it is always better to see the vehicle and then pay full amount and get it invoice so that you will get the VIN and engine numbers intact and you know you will get the same vehicle.
      That's what exactly I asked for shishirbn. I asked them for the allotted VIN & Chassis Number. But the SA counters saying only when they invoice I'll be given a VIN & Chassis no. which I strongly doubt. AFAIK, I'll get the VIN & Chassis No. before even invoicing the vehicle. Correct me if I'm wrong. If its the case that someone has cancelled the vehicle who was in queue before me, I'm fine with that case. I don't want to be a scape goat to get a showroom demo vehicle which would've be run for some amount of time.

Dream is not what you see when you sleep;dream is something that doesn't make you sleep - A. P. J. Abdul Kalam.

Mahindra XUV 500
      Tata Tiago XZ Petrol
      Honda Hornet
      Honda Activa
      Honda Dio

Global Poster
      _/\_ in bhai universe trusts

Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by lvramanan View Post
      I asked them for the allotted VIN & Chassis Number. But the SA counters saying only when they invoice I'll be given a VIN & Chassis no. which I strongly doubt. AFAIK, I'll get the VIN & Chassis No. before even invoicing the vehicle.
      Yes, the VIN no. can be given even before invoicing. In TATA concorde i saw car , VIN etc. even before giving money and invoicing. They are cashing in on the demand for XUV. They think customer will listen to whatever they say for getting delivery of the car.
      If I'm provided with a VIN no. I can check the manafacturing date & year of the vehicle. But if they invoice the vehicle, I'll be left with least options.
      Don't give the money without checking the VIN and car personally in their stockyard. When i was shopping for Verito India garage was very choosy and critical about showing me the stockyard and the vehicle

for which he gave cat & bull stories saying
      This is new for me. i have heard of **** and Bull stories
      In BHAI the universe trusts _/\_

Wear HelMet to avoid Hell Meet

Audio Enthusiast
      SO can't stop the XUV

Hungry

Quote Originally Posted by machi vijay View Post
      This is new for me. i have heard of **** and Bull stories
      Anbe Venkatachalam solra mathiri, its a change

Mahindra XUV 500
      Tata Tiago XZ Petrol
      Honda Hornet
      Honda Activa
      Honda Dio

Audio Enthusiast
      SO can't stop the XUV

Hungry

Guys,

Grilled the dealer & found out that the car was one among the cancelled booking. Allocation for my booking is not yet done. Earlier when I did my booking, I had let out a word to the SE that if there are cancellations, let me know. That was the time when the Diesel Cars Excise Duty hike was in serious discussions Now after hearing this statement, I'm kind of relieved but still the SE is insisting to pay & then only inspect the vehicle. He's assuring that its a vehicle from the recent lot which had arrived from Mahindra. Should I go ahead & bite the bullet ? I'm still kind of not comfortable to pay & then inspect the vehicle What do you guys say ?

Mahindra XUV 500
      Tata Tiago XZ Petrol
      Honda Hornet
      Honda Activa
      Honda Dio

GearHead
      Forza Ferrari!!!

Awesome

We are paying lakhs, I think you should insist on inspecting the vehicle and getting the VIN No etc.
      "Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us."
      -Calvin

Dai!!!

Madrasipattanam

Awesome

He's assuring that its a vehicle from the recent lot which had arrived from Mahindra. Should I go ahead & bite the bullet ? I'm still kind of not comfortable to pay & then inspect the vehicle What do you guys say ?
      In certain case you need to believe the SE. From initial talk of the SE, you came till he says cancellation, lot came recently from mahindra, etc. Just try to milk him and see if you get more luck. Just drag in paying. He will come into your way.
      Never Say Never Again :)

Specially for Photography Section - If i post any pic in photography section, Please click and view in full screen for correct resolution and clarity. Thanks !!

Now aware!

Awesome

Is this SA gifting you the car? Don't see a reason why you need to listen to him when you are paying!

Inspecting the vehicle before making the final payment is allowed; do not let the SA push you around! Once you make the full payment, you are at their mercy, if something goes wrong. So, get a better understanding of the bullet you intend to bite.

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information