• Angry
  • Awesome
  • Hungry
  • Secret
  • Page 1 of 29 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Nomadic Drives : Happy Car Stories :-) from Karnataka and Maharashtra

No Commerce, Just Fun
      Rain, Rain, Come Again

Secret

Nomadic Drives : Happy Car Stories :-) from Karnataka and Maharashtra

This a travelogue about the places we visited during our 6 BLR to Pune visits during Monsoon 2012, All trips were along NH4.
      Places we visited were

In Karnataka:

* Chitradurga
      * Davangere - Harihar
      * Banavasi
      * Mundagod Tibetian settlement
      * Gokak Waterfalls
      * Sights along the NH4

In Maharastra:

* Kaaneri Math Ancient India & Village Life museum
      * Kaas Plateau, Bamnoli backwaters
      * Narayanpur Venkateshwara Temple
      * Lonavla-Khandala, JNPT
      * Some places in Pune

The thread also includes the travelogue to Sakleshpur for the 100000KM celebration. All the narration is made from the point of view of the car just to try out some different way of narrating the travel stories.

Please read on...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC01293.JPG 
Views:	66 
Size:	76.8 KB 
ID:	95845

I am a happy car. Why ?, the grin on my face says it all !.

I am going places, i have been around for about 38 months during which i have traveled over 70000 KMs. I get to see many places, cities, towns, villages, national highways, state highways, village roads. I have been driven on 6 lane roads, 4 lane roads, 2 lane roads, even single lane roads. I have experienced concrete roads, tar roads, mud roads, smooth roads, rough roads, pot holed roads and no roads as well. i have seen it all.

I have been to native places, business hubs, waterfalls, hills, forests, beaches, temples, forts, even the south most tip of India. I hope one day i hope to go to the sand dunes, the himalayas, eastern, western and northern most motorable roads.

Often i get dirty. For me being dirty means "i am doing things, which i am born to do". I am a free spirit, I am spontaneous, I am fit, I am reliable, come night or day, summer, winter or rainy season, tourist season or otherwise, i am ever ready to go places.

I have often met several of my siblings and cousins. some of them i have been meeting first time since we got seperated at birth. I often find many of them clean, spotlessly clean. But at the same time i find them not very happy. Many of them have told me that they envy me because i am different, I am dirty. I was also told that getting dirty is the fashion of the new age. I heard that a movie named Dirty Picture was the super duper hit film of the year. They also tell me, "Kuch Daag Achhe Hain", means some stains are good to have. They often aspire to get get dirty, but...

They often ask me where all i have been to ?. So i thought of sharing some of my journeys and experiences over last 6 weeks. i will also be oscillating between bangalore and pune frequently over next 2-3 months, so there will be plenty of experiences to share. Hope i will be able to entertain all of you, if not inspire you to become dirty.

I love rains because i get to become dirty, as dirty as possible. Remember, more i become dirty, more i will be happy. I had good share of rains in last six weeks, i am sure i will have more in coming months for sure.

here is a dirty picture of mine

Name:	DSC_0196.JPG 
Views:	67 
Size:	152.2 KB 
ID:	95844

Last edited by Nomad; 20th Oct 2014 at 23:19.

Lone Ranger

Awesome

Wow What a start
      "We Ride therefore we are"- RTMC(Rolling Thunder Motorcycle Club) Website:http://rtmc.info/site/
      |2006- Honda Unicorn - 50K - SOLD||2007- Maruti 800 AC 43K - Happy Motoring||2008- Suzuki Zeus -25K - SOLD||2010- Schwinn Sporterra - 7K-Go Green|
      |2009- Royal Enfield Thunderbird -85K- Happily Thumping|"Rabid dog club: Bite first bark later "

Global Moderator
      Driving Worlds fastest truck!!

Awesome

Wow one more. That is fantastic. BTW this is a car story or a TLOG?
      Try walking into YOUR car rather than crawling. For me walking is always best ---GURU SHISHIR

Lost & searching..

Secret

Very interesting read Nomad. Bring on the rest ! I just love the first dirty picture of your car. Awesome !
      There is only one cure for grey hair. It was invented by a Frenchman. It is called the Guillotine - PGW

Madrasipattanam

Awesome

It's great to read the story. Wonderful narration and it was as if car speaks. Thanks for the Thread Nomad, looking for more to come.

5 Stars
      Never Say Never Again :)

Specially for Photography Section - If i post any pic in photography section, Please click and view in full screen for correct resolution and clarity. Thanks !!

following a 'Linea'r
      progression

Secret

Quote Originally Posted by shishirbn View Post
      Wow one more. That is fantastic. BTW this is a car story or a TLOG?
      LOL I also have the same question.

Secret

yet another interesting thread..bring it on brother !!

Quote Originally Posted by Nomad View Post
      I am a happy car. Why ?, the grin on my face says it all !.
      sounds so much like Thomas the Toy Train... lol
      www.codereddy.wordpress.com

No Commerce, Just Fun
      Rain, Rain, Come Again

Secret

thanks raama, shishirbn, kash, inpersuitofpwr, pradeep, guru, venbab, wheels, avinash, bhpistorqueintorpm for liking my happy car story.

i thought why only Nomad get all the credits, one can go to the moon only with the right launch vehicle. hence i thought, why not share my story and experiences. this way i can keep myself occupied when i am not being driven around. ofcourse, this will be my take on the journeys i have been through in last 6 weeks. i will also share more stories as they happen in next 2-3 months.

Special thanks to pradeep for those 5 stars.

avinash, you reminded me of my big, powerful, rich and famous cousin brother Thomas, the train. he is so rich, that he can offord to have his own tracks, where as i share the the roads with many of my not so fortunate siblings and cousins. He is so powerful and strong that he can carry many people like me for even longer distances without huffing and puffing. he is also a traffic stopper many times and has right of way where his tracks intersect the roads. I hope to meet him some day.

Last edited by Nomad; 1st Aug 2012 at 12:33.

No Commerce, Just Fun
      Rain, Rain, Come Again

Secret

Branded Villages

Let me share my first insight from the recent trips.

"indian villages are getting transformed", at least the ones along the golden quadrilateral.

i saw probably the first branded village in India. "AIRTEL VILLAGE", every house is painted with airtel colors.

Name:	DSC_0191.JPG 
Views:	56 
Size:	487.8 KB 
ID:	95885

Name:	DSC_0204.JPG 
Views:	51 
Size:	465.8 KB 
ID:	95884

This Village is located somewhere between Belgavi and Dharwad.

Nomad was telling me some instances from USA where the private individuals and companies own up the entire land, infrastructure, facilities, jobs etc of some village/towns as the munciple corporations go bankrupt. these corporations finance the huge debt and hence they end up owning the complete village or town itself.

this could be the first step of such things happening in India as well. i also overheard Nomad telling his fellow traveler, the example of Indian mobile phone brands getting everything from china and branding it in their name. This village even though not dependent on airtel for thier livelihood, is sporting the colors.

i also remembered several of my cousins who are born in one factory, but branded and badged differently. same methods applied elsewhere.

Sign of times to come

Last edited by Nomad; 1st Aug 2012 at 15:17.

Secret

Personifying an Automobile. very interesting. There is one another tbhp member who writes in just the same way..his handle on Tbhp is Guderian. He happens to be my colleague as well.
      www.codereddy.wordpress.com

Page 1 of 29 12311 ... LastLast

Thread Information