• Angry
  • Awesome
  • Hungry
  • Secret
  • Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Figo re-call to replace certain parts. Check if your car is in that list.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

not aware that he can set his status here!

Awesome

IMPORTANT INFORMATION :

Since this is the most popular figo thread, I am currently posting here :

This is a company circulation and the owners shall be informed pretty soon about this. This is part of the latest Ford TSB which has been sent to all service stations today.

Ford India Pvt. Ltd. has initiated a voluntary pre-emptive Field Service Action to inspect certain batches of Ford Figo and Ford Classic models for potential issues related to the Rear Twist Beam (RTB) and the Power Steering Hose (PAS). Customers from the identified batches of vehicles are being requested to take their vehicles to their nearest dealership where
      (i) we are inspecting the Rear Twist Beam for all Ford Figo and Ford Classic vehicles manufactured between January 2008 and December 2010, and
      (ii) All Ford Figo and Ford Classic petrol-engined vehicles manufactured from September 2010 till February 2011 will have the PAS Hose replaced as a precautionary measure and to ensure the long term durability of the vehicle.

Please tag all the figo and fiesta classic owners that you know. I am tagging some of them.
      yksharma Dev11 @figoo WildWeasel Die2Drive. Babbanji Franklin

Please feel free to tag all the fiesta and figo owners. #Mods camchennai Please do tag other members.

Quote Originally Posted by Mustang.101
      Link to check whether your figo/classic is part of the TSB or not.

Keep your VIN handy.

Ford India Private Limited - Field Service Action
      Ford Fiesta 1.6 (2010),
      Ford Fusion+ TDCi (2010),
      Trek 3500 (2012)
      In France or Belgium till march 20.

Awesome

Mustang.101, thanks for early information about this Technical Service Bulletin, members and guests will surely benefit out of it.

Also it's a very welcome move from Ford India, this shows their keenness towards customer satisfaction. Now FASSs just need to maintain the same level of enthusiasm, I am sure Ford will attract more and more customers in due course.
      Last edited by yksharma; 8th Aug 2012 at 09:42.
      2012 Ford Figo 1.4 Titanium, 2006 Bajaj Pulsar 150

I was lonely driving here tonight so I hugged the road.

You call, I don't
      respond..NEUTRAL ! I call, you
      don't respond..YOU DIE !!

Awesome

Just checked if my VIN has been marked for the change. It isn't. Thank you Mustang.101 !

Sedate...

Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by Mustang.101 View Post
      IMPORTANT INFORMATION :

Since this is the most popular figo thread, I am currently posting here :

This is a company circulation and the owners shall be informed pretty soon about this. This is part of the latest Ford TSB which has been sent to all service stations today.

Ford India Pvt. Ltd. has initiated a voluntary pre-emptive Field Service Action to inspect certain batches of Ford Figo and Ford Classic models for potential issues related to the Rear Twist Beam (RTB) and the Power Steering Hose (PAS). Customers from the identified batches of vehicles are being requested to take their vehicles to their nearest dealership where
      (i) we are inspecting the Rear Twist Beam for all Ford Figo and Ford Classic vehicles manufactured between January 2008 and December 2010, and
      (ii) All Ford Figo and Ford Classic petrol-engined vehicles manufactured from September 2010 till February 2011 will have the PAS Hose replaced as a precautionary measure and to ensure the long term durability of the vehicle.

Please tag all the figo and fiesta classic owners that you know. I am tagging some of them.
      yksharma Dev11 @figoo WildWeasel Die2Drive. Babbanji Franklin

Please feel free to tag all the fiesta and figo owners. #Mods camchennai Please do tag other members.

Quote Originally Posted by Mustang.101
      Link to check whether your figo/classic is part of the TSB or not.

Keep your VIN handy.

Ford India Private Limited - Field Service Action
      Saw this thread now. Reposting here which I have posted under Fiesta section.
      Mustang.101, Thanks for sharing the info.
      How come you missed out my name while tagging or is it initially shared on my ownership thread?

My Figo 1.4 Titanium is an August 2010 make. So it should fall under the first batch of vehicles you have mentioned here.
      Anyway went to the basement, got the full VIN & checked.
      It gave the below message...

There is 1 Field Service Action

FSA Number: XXXXX

FIGO FIESTA REAR TWIST BEAM

Yes, your vehicle is included in the Ford Field Service Action. We advise that you get in touch with your nearest Ford Dealer

Called up Service Manager, Metro Ford, St. Marks Road & enquired about the same. He asked to bring the Car on coming Saturday. I asked whether I should book an appointment & for that he said he will take care of it.
      I have a good relationship with them.
      Who said Ford After Sales Approach is bad? I believe it depends on Dealer to Dealer & Person to Person.

Anyway Ford is doing good by taking such initiative to inspect the vehicle & do the needful.
      Keep it up.
      Last edited by Evolution88; 8th Aug 2012 at 17:21.
      2010 Ford Figo TDCi Titanium - CODE 6 Tuned - Our Colorado Queen :-)
      2012 Skoda Laura Ambiente 2.0 TDI DSG - Our Czech Princess :-)
      "Taking your seat is so easy. Leaving it, however, never is." :-) - Courtesy BMW 3 Series

Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by Evolution88

Saw this thread now. Reposting here which I have posted under Fiesta section.
      Mustang.101, Thanks for sharing the info.
      How come you missed out my name while tagging or is it initially shared on my ownership thread?
      Sorry for that.

I forgot a number of names. I remembered your name as evolution but forgot the number after it. And since i was posting from a 3rd party app on the ipad, i did not have access to all the awesome features of gearheads website. I mostly forgot the names of the people who have numbers in their IDs. Basically i remembered the name part and forgot the numbers. Hence i asked other members to tag figo and classic owners.
      Ford Fiesta 1.6 (2010),
      Trek 3500 (2012)

Sedate...

Awesome

Sorry for that.

I forgot a number of names. I remembered your name as evolution but forgot the number after it. And since i was posting from a 3rd party app on the ipad, i did not have access to all the awesome features of gearheads website. I mostly forgot the names of the people who have numbers in their IDs. Basically i remembered the name part and forgot the numbers. Hence i asked other members to tag figo and classic owners.
      No issues dear friend. Anyway I came to know about this from GH only & happy that you are the one who shared it here.
      Off topic :- 8 is my favourite no. So two of those added to the name Evolution which inturn became the name cos of my addiction towards Lancer Evolution X.
      Hope now you will be able to remember the entire name.

Coming back to the topic... How we will know whether there is any issue with the current Rear Twist Beam or Power Steering Hose. Are there any symptoms?
      "Taking your seat is so easy. Leaving it, however, never is." :-) - Courtesy BMW 3 Series

Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by Evolution88

No issues dear friend. Anyway I came to know about this from GH only & happy that you are the one who shared it here.
      Off topic :- 8 is my favourite no. So two of those added to the name Evolution which inturn became the name cos of my addiction towards Lancer Evolution X.
      Hope now you will be able to remember the entire name.

Coming back to the topic... How we will know whether there is any issue with the current Rear Twist Beam or Power Steering Hose. Are there any symptoms?
      Yes now i will.

No, there are no symptoms as such. The PAS has to do with long term degradation of insulation and the twist beam is being changed as the car was found to be losing a share of its dynamic ability if the car was abused in the long run. Also there was some slackness in the twist beam that caused some twist beams to bend under overload and bad road conditions therby affecting the dynamic ability of the car.

Nothing serious as such, just affecting the long term reliability of the car.
      Last edited by Mustang.101; 8th Aug 2012 at 18:29.
      Ford Fiesta 1.6 (2010),
      Trek 3500 (2012)

Awesome

Got it done! Thanks Mustang.101!

Quote Originally Posted by Dev11 View Post
      Rear Twist Beam (Rs. 9231/) , Power steering Hose (Rs. 3233/-) replaced along with the Power steering fluid (1 lt - Rs. 478/-) and other couple of things as a part of Ford Campaign applicable to my VIN.

I had a call on last Friday for the inspection and replacement, if required. Couldn't understand this is so crucial and major part!

Felt good, feeling good that Ford is not unnecessary over-shy or conservative and taking preemptive measures to avoid any danger or loss to its vehicle owners, a recall, as can be said!

Thank you Ford!

Awesome

And here is the Rear Twist Beam, new one.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	RTB.jpg 
Views:	57 
Size:	82.9 KB 
ID:	97882
      Last edited by Dev11; 8th Aug 2012 at 22:26.

Sedate...

Awesome

Ford Field Service Action - Rear Twist Beam Inspection/Replacement

Have been to Metro Ford, St. Marks Road today for Rear Twist Beam(RTB) inspection.
      Found that the RTB needs a replacement.

I asked the guy who inspected the Car regarding the name of the tool they are using for isnpection. He said that they are using a Go/no go gauge to inspect. I asked him the methods of inspection. He said, if not able to find out using this gauge, then they will use some lighting method. If that fails too, then they will use some kind of spray to inspect.

Outside the Workshop I saw a bulk of old RTB's. Two guys are busy in breaking the old RTB's into 3 pieces using a welding/cutter machine so that it cannot be reused. Learned from another guy out there that Ford is doing inspection to make sure that every Service Station is disposing the old RTB's. Good move I say.

Took few snaps so that it will be useful for other Figo/Fiesta Owners & others out here.
      Let's the pics do the talking now.

Old RTB before removal

Name:	Old_RTB_Before_Removal.jpg 
Views:	53 
Size:	298.7 KB 
ID:	98390

Left side(Rear Left Wheel side) of RTB

Name:	RTB_Left.jpg 
Views:	45 
Size:	253.4 KB 
ID:	98392

Right side(Rear Right Wheel side) of RTB

Name:	RTB_Right.jpg 
Views:	52 
Size:	227.2 KB 
ID:	98382

Inspection using Go/no go gauge at the above shown(prev. 2 pics) location

Name:	Go_No_Go_Gauge.jpg 
Size:	373.6 KB 
ID:	98384

Once Rear Right Wheel & associated parts removed

Name:	Rear_Right_wheel.jpg 
Views:	42 
Size:	465.5 KB 
ID:	98391

Old RTB after removal

Name:	Old_RTB.jpg 
Size:	452.6 KB 
ID:	98388

Old & New RTB together

Name:	Old_New_RTB.jpg 
Size:	557.6 KB 
ID:	98387

New RTB fixed

Name:	New_RTB_Fixed.jpg 
Size:	474.3 KB 
ID:	98385

Bulk of Old RTB's

Name:	Bulk_Old_RTB.jpg 
Views:	40 
Size:	971.3 KB 
ID:	98383
      Last edited by Evolution88; 11th Aug 2012 at 17:40.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information