• Hungry
  • Secret
  • Page 77 of 77 FirstFirst ... 2767757677

Thread: The HDTV (LCD, LED, Plasma TV, Monitor) Thread

Audio Enthusiast
      SO can't stop the XUV

Hungry

Quote Originally Posted by rksingh1 View Post
      Tentative or confirmed? I'll wait for it. On paper - it is looking like a fantastic TV.
      That's what the sales folks told. I would say wait for it. You will not regret it. Mi for sure is a game changer

Dream is not what you see when you sleep;dream is something that doesn't make you sleep - A. P. J. Abdul Kalam.

Mahindra Marazzo
      Tata Tiago XZ Petrol
      Honda Hornet
      Honda Activa
      Honda Dio

Madrasipattanam

Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by Lvramanan View Post
      That's what the sales folks told. I would say wait for it. You will not regret it. Mi for sure is a game changer
      I see the TV is already Lauched. Are you guys talking about Launching in India specifically?
      Never Say Never Again :)

Specially for Photography Section - If i post any pic in photography section, Please click and view in full screen for correct resolution and clarity. Thanks !!

Gears in head!!!
      Life needs a purpose!

Awesome

Yes pradip, launched in China, yet to launch in India.

Car + Audio + Bike = Sane Life
      !

Awesome

Ordered Mi 55 inch 4x Led TV 4k, waiting for it to arrive and install. Seems to be a good buy @ the price point especially for binge watching. Thank You for the input guys, appreciate your help and support.
      DigiOne Signature | 7" Tablet | AP NZ6W | AP NZ3 | Biketronics BT4180 | Adire Audio Brahma | Rockford T1000-1bdcp | MiniDSP 8x12

Gears in head!!!
      Life needs a purpose!

Awesome

6 months have gone by and I still haven’t upgraded my TV. Not that I mind though.

Other than being locked down due to COVID, not much has moved in the world anyway. Even the new television launches from the big brands like Sony, LG and Samsung has been very few and far between.

LG is yet to launch their 2020 model. They have listed them in the website but the prices haven’t been announced as yet. Sony launched some of the models however there has not been lot of options available in those models. Example, Sony hasn’t launched any OLED model so far this year. They have launched their top of the line LED model called X950H but only in 75 inch variant. There mid tier X800G is available only in 55 inch 65“ and 85 inch.

Samsung has made quite a few launches this year though. The most exciting launch has been the Samsung frame 2020 model. They launched it with 50, 55 and 65 inch variant with the 65 inch variant costing 1.4L.

So with all these new launches and the available models of the last year I am keeping my eye on Sony X950G and Samsung frame 2020 65 inch. Sony is going to cost 1.65 and Samsung will cost 1.4L.

Which one you folks recommend?

Audio Enthusiast
      SO can't stop the XUV

Hungry

Which one you folks recommend?
      Have a look at LG and Xiaomi as always I say

LG is yet to launch their 2020 model. They have listed them in the website but the prices haven’t been announced as yet.
      LG C9 is launched No ? and priced above all competitors sadly. 65" costs 2.4L and 77" inches costs a whopping 7.75L !

Dream is not what you see when you sleep;dream is something that doesn't make you sleep - A. P. J. Abdul Kalam.

Mahindra Marazzo
      Tata Tiago XZ Petrol
      Honda Hornet
      Honda Activa
      Honda Dio

Gears in head!!!
      Life needs a purpose!

Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by Lvramanan View Post
      LG C9 is launched No ?
      C9 is last year - this year is CX. They typically launch by June - delayed this year. CX shows coming soon on their website. Additionally, for my viewing type, I don't think OLEDs will work. I place it in a super bright room - and watch general content like news, Kapil Sharma, Prime Video, Hotstar, Youtube songs etc. Less than 10% of these content is HDR.

Need, colorful, bright panels with good upscaling, HDMI 2.1 to ensure I get ATMOS. Samsung Frame 2020 looks like a great TV for me.

Audio Enthusiast
      SO can't stop the XUV

Hungry

C9 is last year - this year is CX. They typically launch by June - delayed this year. CX shows coming soon on their website.
      Ah ok thanks for the correction. Didn't know.

HDMI 2.1 to ensure I get ATMOS.
      I believe this requirement is for your AV Receiver ? But none of the channels or Youtube is going to have content with Atmos. Why so specific on Atmos ? Anyway if you play any digital media via your receiver, I believe that would take care of decoding Atmos content No ? TV will not need that right... Again correct me If I'm overlooking something here..

Mahindra Marazzo
      Tata Tiago XZ Petrol
      Honda Hornet
      Honda Activa
      Honda Dio

Gears in head!!!
      Life needs a purpose!

Awesome

Atmos is for future proofing

I am running 3.1 setup right now. Oh I added Rythmik L12 sub to my Polk setup.

If the contents is played by TV tizen OS or WebOS or Android TV, then the the video processing is within the TV but the full audio details to be sent over to AVR. Standard HDMI 2 with ARC can't send Atmos over. It'll need eARC and that needs HDMI 2.1 I believe. Plus if I am hooking up a gaming console in future, hdmi 2.1 will be able to move the VRR and other details.

Page 77 of 77 FirstFirst ... 2767757677

Thread Information