• Angry
  • Awesome
  • Hungry
  • Secret

Thread: B. U. Bhandari, Pune. VW Pune West.

not aware that he can set his status here!

Awesome

B. U. Bhandari, Pune. VW Pune West.

Dear Friends,

I'm going to try and cover as much possible in this review of dealer from who I bought my VW Polo 1.2 P TL.

The dealer is B. U. Bhandari in Pune. They have one showroom at Pashan for Pune city and another showroom at Wakad for ****ri-Chinchwad and outside octroi. The service center for Pune is there. They also do accidental repairs there. The area is huge and is well organized. It's not pitched at sales, and hence there's only a small shop floor which was posing a red Polo TL when I visited them.

My interaction with VW started long back about at least 3 months back when I sent a quotation inquiry to BUB, Pune and Vidyut Motors. Got a very pale response from Vidyut. BUB on the other hand provided a much warmer response and the Sales Rep got in touch with me via phone (withholding his name for the sake of his privacy). I was still deciding between Polo, Vento or to go with a different brand altogether. Rapid was also a consideration. He was always eager to meet me and provide Polo or Vento for test drive. When I spoke to him about how my family is involved and the debate between hatch v/s sedan, he was ready to help out with test drives for both vehicles and wanted to have a conversation with my family. His overall outlook was positive and professional. In between, after a few weeks, we would lose touch, but he would always SMS me or call me informing about new deals and offerings.

I've not dealt with BUB, Pune earlier, but had visited their showroom at Pashan when they were a Fiat dealer. Poor experience that. But this was something different. Very professional and warm. Full marks to them.

I would say that BUB as a dealer never tried to influence my decision about buying and owning a vehicle, but they were professional and provided insights about their product offering. When I told them not to call me for a few days as I was test driving few other brands and cars, they stuck to that. Didn't bother me for a few days. Then got back to me with apt details and offers.

The entire sales process was transparent and clear. Everything was in written and agreed upon clearly. They told me what they could do for me and told me what is outside their purview. I think they gave me the best offer they could and provided me with best service I've encountered with a vehicle purchase. Experience with MS, Ford, Fiat have been mediocre to be honest. This one was good.

I didn't buy the top of the line, in fact, bought the lowest offering from them. But their outlook was very good and decent. (PS: I've had these poor experience s at other brands where they treat customers who buy lower offerings differently from the ones who buy better products. For e.g. at Fiat, I got second treatment (Palio Stile) as compared to Punto/Linea owners).

BUB showed me the vehicle which they had reserved for me. They also explained to me all the features in the Polo by literally giving me a demo of it. Were very patient with my questions. Full marks to them for a thorough marketing and showmanship.
      When they reserved a vehicle for me at their stockyard, they promptly informed me the VIN. I inspected the vehicle and the Sales Rep (different than the main guy I was always dealing with) allowed me to spend as much time I wanted at the stockyard. Explained me some of the things about VW vehicles and how the entire stockyard process works – tax, octroi, etc.

They were also very accommodating with the discounts, offering, deals, etc. Documentation process was smooth and they were well informed about the entire process. They were calm while I arranged documents, but at the same time, finished things quickly from their end.

My delivery experience was also very good. The vehicle was ready on the said date. When I reached the showroom, the Sales Rep explained me all the various documents pertaining to the vehicle. Then he took me to the delivery bay and showed the vehicle. Explained me all the various functions and features. They had arranged for a huge garland (I say this because most manufacturers arrange only a small namesake garland), a big box of chocolates, keychain and car freshener. (Again, I say all this because in respect to my previous experience, this was a huge step ahead). They helped me perform a small pooja and bid me good bye with happy smiles.

Overall, I’m very satisfied with my purchase experience with B. U. Bhandari, Pune. I would highly recommend all prospective buyers to get in touch with them if they are looking for a VW purchase.

The most important things from the entire dealing for me are:
      1. Transparent dealing, no false promises, no cross-selling
      2. Keeping customer needs in mind
      3. Accommodating with discounts, deals, offerings
      4. Professional outlook

A few days later I received a call from their customer care department and they asked me several questions about the entire sales and delivery process. The questions were relevant and to the point. (I say this because Fiat always asked me stupid questions which were irrelevant). The lady on the phone introduced herself well, provided me her number and asked me to get in touch with her if ever I find any problem with the vehicle. This was nice. She also said that she will follow-up on 1-2 remaining things with the Sales Rep. Which she did, because I got a response from the sales rep soon after.

She also said that I should take the vehicle to them in say 6 months time, and they would do a free-check up to ensure that everything was alright. This was a great gesture from their end. Felt nice.
      Last edited by Squid; 16th Aug 2012 at 23:23. Reason: Typo + additional details

GearHead
      Forza Ferrari!!!

Awesome

Great hearing your ownership experience. I keep hearing VW Dealers are all very snobbish and act as if they are doing you a favour
      "Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us."
      -Calvin

Dai!!!

Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by KRRaj View Post
      I keep hearing VW Dealers are all very snobbish and act as if they are doing you a favour
      I'd heard that too. But I liked the vehicle (on paper, before test drive) and thought of checking out with the dealers. If they didn't respond well, I would have not considered it further.

But the response from VW dealers has been excellent. I've dealt with two dealers so far - KSM, Mumbai and B.U.B., Pune. Response was very good.

Good dealer response, all-ok vehicle, pricing (including company and dealer discounts) and 4 years AMC are the features that really attracted me to this deal.

Awesome

B U BHADARI dealership Pune

Hi guys,

Just the review of Volkswagen and management of B.U. Bhandari dealership in Pune.

It's your first car and and you have all the excitement to buy the car. You analyze all the options and then your lured into a dealerships false commitments and promises to actually witness a nightmare.

I booked my car, Polo Comfortline Petrol, on 27th June under a scheme in which I was told I would be getting Rs 10,000 discount, and I got all the breakup of base-fare and stuff(still have all the documents from the dealer). On paper, I was told that I would get my car in 2 weeks or 3 tops. I even mentioned that I have my birthday on 24th, so I suppose I am safe that I would get the delivery before that and they boasted so much of their customer service saying that I'd get the delivery 1 week before my birthday.

As you weigh your options carefully when your buying your car, I got inclined towards Polo only because of a particular color. So, instead of pushing me to buy in-stock cars I was pretty adamant that I would go for that color and nothing else. They even mentioned that no ones has booked for that color so, you book now and the first blue colored Polo, they would get, would be mine. Now, comes all the miseries, first I asked for all the discounts and goodies I could be offered and I was comparing them with the offer I was getting from other dealership(Vidyut Motors, Pune). I was told that I'd be given some accessories and coating and instead it was not the same as I was being offered from other dealer and somewhat less a deal, which I was being offered at Vidyut Motors, I still opted for B.U. Bhandari, probably because it was close to my place and that was my mistake.

Came July and there was some change in the offer and I was told that I couldn't get the previous offer in which I booked the car. I was a little skeptical about it, though if that was the policy, I agreed politely. However, when they sent me the new price which I needed to pay in the changes scheme, I saw the changes in the base fare(ex-showroom price) as well and for that I sent a mail to Volkswagen India to confirm(I have a copy of that) and till date I haven't heard back from them. This was the second hint which was given to me that I shouldn't be opting for it, though again as my fault I kept faith and kept on going with the dealership and Volkswagen. Though till now, my experience was no less than horrendous.

Later, I went to pay the down payment on 12th July and came a shocker that I had to pay the processing fee for the finance, however earlier the documents they sent, the processing fee was nil. Still, I went ahead and told them that it's alright and I agreed on everything and paid everything. By 15th July, they told me that they'd receive the car on 18th and then next day I could drive the car home. They made me come to their showroom to do all the payments in a hustle and be fast about it and what not, even on weekdays.

They told me that I could get the delivery on 19th July. On 18th I asked that if I could see the car and do my inspection, they told me that the car is in their yard and I could take a look, however it's too far so they'll get that to showroom in a day or two and then I could take it. Ever since it's been a rat chase from my end. On 20th of July, I asked if I could take a look now and they told me that they'll get it to showroom next week as, they plan to deliver it on Monday(22nd July).

So, by now all the payments were done, everything was settled from Volkswagen finance and yet I didn't hear anything from them. So, I went to see them on 21st asking about the car and I saw a Blue Colored Polo Comfortline in the showroom and I was excited that probably, they have it here now. But to my surprise they said that they have the car though they'll get it registered first, because in case there will be any insurance claims from my end before the registration, it would be hard to settle. I reminded them that I told you that I would need it on 24th July.

Now on 24th July(one week overdue, and the day of my birthday) I asked them if I could get it today and again I was told that I would get it on Friday(26th July). Somehow, I thought I should co-operate and should give them time. So, I told them, it's alright and that I need it badly on 26th July because I have plans on 27th July and they told me I would get it anyhow on 26th.

Now, yesterday(25th July) I was told they have not even received the car and they'll receive it on Friday. All that excitement and faith turned into irritation when instead they refused that they ever said they told me that they have received my car or promised any delivery. I seriously, believe I would have rather opted for any other car altogether, instead of Volkswagen, when I recall all these incident.

I am seriously thinking that I should check my options of cancelling my booking and if it's possible. It's been that bad experience.

Utterly disgraceful behavior from B.U. Bhandari dealership and no respect for customer, whatsoever. You guys can take your decision wisely, from here.
      Quote Originally Posted by Squid View Post
      Dear Friends,

I'm going to try and cover as much possible in this review of dealer from who I bought my VW Polo 1.2 P TL.

The dealer is B. U. Bhandari in Pune. They have one showroom at Pashan for Pune city and another showroom at Wakad for ****ri-Chinchwad and outside octroi. The service center for Pune is there. They also do accidental repairs there. The area is huge and is well organized. It's not pitched at sales, and hence there's only a small shop floor which was posing a red Polo TL when I visited them.

My interaction with VW started long back about at least 3 months back when I sent a quotation inquiry to BUB, Pune and Vidyut Motors. Got a very pale response from Vidyut. BUB on the other hand provided a much warmer response and the Sales Rep got in touch with me via phone (withholding his name for the sake of his privacy). I was still deciding between Polo, Vento or to go with a different brand altogether. Rapid was also a consideration. He was always eager to meet me and provide Polo or Vento for test drive. When I spoke to him about how my family is involved and the debate between hatch v/s sedan, he was ready to help out with test drives for both vehicles and wanted to have a conversation with my family. His overall outlook was positive and professional. In between, after a few weeks, we would lose touch, but he would always SMS me or call me informing about new deals and offerings.

I've not dealt with BUB, Pune earlier, but had visited their showroom at Pashan when they were a Fiat dealer. Poor experience that. But this was something different. Very professional and warm. Full marks to them.

I would say that BUB as a dealer never tried to influence my decision about buying and owning a vehicle, but they were professional and provided insights about their product offering. When I told them not to call me for a few days as I was test driving few other brands and cars, they stuck to that. Didn't bother me for a few days. Then got back to me with apt details and offers.

The entire sales process was transparent and clear. Everything was in written and agreed upon clearly. They told me what they could do for me and told me what is outside their purview. I think they gave me the best offer they could and provided me with best service I've encountered with a vehicle purchase. Experience with MS, Ford, Fiat have been mediocre to be honest. This one was good.

I didn't buy the top of the line, in fact, bought the lowest offering from them. But their outlook was very good and decent. (PS: I've had these poor experience s at other brands where they treat customers who buy lower offerings differently from the ones who buy better products. For e.g. at Fiat, I got second treatment (Palio Stile) as compared to Punto/Linea owners).

BUB showed me the vehicle which they had reserved for me. They also explained to me all the features in the Polo by literally giving me a demo of it. Were very patient with my questions. Full marks to them for a thorough marketing and showmanship.
      When they reserved a vehicle for me at their stockyard, they promptly informed me the VIN. I inspected the vehicle and the Sales Rep (different than the main guy I was always dealing with) allowed me to spend as much time I wanted at the stockyard. Explained me some of the things about VW vehicles and how the entire stockyard process works – tax, octroi, etc.

They were also very accommodating with the discounts, offering, deals, etc. Documentation process was smooth and they were well informed about the entire process. They were calm while I arranged documents, but at the same time, finished things quickly from their end.

My delivery experience was also very good. The vehicle was ready on the said date. When I reached the showroom, the Sales Rep explained me all the various documents pertaining to the vehicle. Then he took me to the delivery bay and showed the vehicle. Explained me all the various functions and features. They had arranged for a huge garland (I say this because most manufacturers arrange only a small namesake garland), a big box of chocolates, keychain and car freshener. (Again, I say all this because in respect to my previous experience, this was a huge step ahead). They helped me perform a small pooja and bid me good bye with happy smiles.

Overall, I’m very satisfied with my purchase experience with B. U. Bhandari, Pune. I would highly recommend all prospective buyers to get in touch with them if they are looking for a VW purchase.

The most important things from the entire dealing for me are:
      1. Transparent dealing, no false promises, no cross-selling
      2. Keeping customer needs in mind
      3. Accommodating with discounts, deals, offerings
      4. Professional outlook

A few days later I received a call from their customer care department and they asked me several questions about the entire sales and delivery process. The questions were relevant and to the point. (I say this because Fiat always asked me stupid questions which were irrelevant). The lady on the phone introduced herself well, provided me her number and asked me to get in touch with her if ever I find any problem with the vehicle. This was nice. She also said that she will follow-up on 1-2 remaining things with the Sales Rep. Which she did, because I got a response from the sales rep soon after.

She also said that I should take the vehicle to them in say 6 months time, and they would do a free-check up to ensure that everything was alright. This was a great gesture from their end. Felt nice.

Thread Information