• Awesome
  • Hungry
  • Secret
  • Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Batterybhai.com - Service Review

Mugen Fever

Awesome

Batterybhai.com - Service Review

I thought of sharing this online site to buy car/inverter batteries.
      Batterybhai.com.
      Its an online website to buy car and inverter batteries...and u can get them delivered to your doorstep including installation that too...free of cost.

I came across this website last night when i was searching for which battery to go for my civic when the battery was suddenly dead.

Last night my civic completely died on me...it did not start nor did any electrical device worked. It did not even open thru the keyless entry.
      I suspected it was the battery....as it had the oem battery since 4 yrs now and didnt even try to get it recharged or repair...wateva n thought of just replacing it.

So i googled to find the right replcament and finalized Amaron Pro 45ah battery and also found this website called "batterybhai.com

Opened the link...the site opened quickly and was very easy to use and found out it had presence on FB as well.
      Checked its reviews on facebook...n all of em rated positive...immediately placed an order for Amaron pro for civic....last night at 12.30 am and the battery was delivered n installed today by 3 pm....doorstep delivery and install included in the price.

As i had suspected...as soon as it was hooked...Baam!!!....the car started n evrything else with it

Online experience - in short...fast and accurate.
      You dont need any credit card/debit card...its cash on delivery.
      Just punch in your car details and it gives you few options n brands
      Add in cart and give in your delivery address and order placed.
      Delivery promised within 24 hrs. .

Damages:-

Rs. 4750 for Amaron Pro 55b24ls 45ah battery
      (30 months warranty+30 Months pro rata)

The MRP was rs. 5766
      After discount and giving my old battery in exchange i paid the above price.

Now i dont have any clue if the price was ok...or was charged higher...but the convinience of getting it home dlevered n installed without jump starting the car or moving it an inch outweighs the price that is if i was overcharged.

For more details....y'all can visit the website n find out.
      11' BEAT LT TCDI | Back to Stock ICE :-(

CIVIC MUGEN RR | Milano Red | TEIN SS | Lenso Raiden Project D "Spec C" | Dunlop Direzza DZ101 | Dynamat Extreme | FatMat

GearHead
      Forza Ferrari!!!

Awesome

Looks like Online Stores are definitely picking up in India . Tks for sharing.
      "Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us."
      -Calvin

Dai!!!

Daaam I did not know GH had
      this option! :D

Awesome

Isent The Civic supposed to come with a maintainance free battrey as in you cannot recharge/refill or repair the battrey its sealed like a dry cell and the only thing you can do is replace, by the way did the car show any signs of a weak battrey like blinking of cabin lights ?
      once you have undercover brother there is no other !

spam king
      past the speed of sound

Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by undecover_bro View Post
      you cannot recharge/refill or repair the battrey its sealed like a dry cell
      what you're talking about are 'maintainenece free batteries' which are actually VRLA batteries, or valve regulated lead acid batteries where electrolyte loss is minimal, but even so, they do require addition of battery water, and they are not sealed like dry cell batteries, because the fundamental principle of operation is different(they are not rechargeable) and the direction of operation of the chemical reaction of carbon zinc is strictly one way and not reversible, they do have multiple cells which can be opened up to check the specific gravity of the electrolyte, and refill it if need be, however they do require a lot less maintainenece than conventional lead acid batteries

In a valve regulated lead acid (VRLA) battery the hydrogen and oxygen produced in the cells largely recombine into water. Leakage is minimal, although some electrolyte still escapes if the recombination cannot keep up with gas evolution. Since VRLA batteries do not require (and make impossible) regular checking of the electrolyte level, they have been called maintenance free batteries. However, this is somewhat of a misnomer. VRLA cells do require maintenance. As electrolyte is lost, VRLA cells "dry-out" and lose capacity. This can be detected by taking regular internal resistance, conductance or impedance measurements. Regular testing reveals whether more involved testing and maintenance is required. Recent maintenance procedures have been developed allowing "rehydration", often restoring significant amounts of lost capacity.

VRLA types became popular on motorcycles around 1983,[12] because the acid electrolyte is absorbed into the separator, so it cannot spill.[13] The separator also helps them better withstand vibration. They are also popular in stationary applications such as telecommunications sites, due to their small footprint and installation flexibility.[14]

The electrical characteristics of VRLA batteries differ somewhat from wet-cell lead–acid batteries, requiring caution in charging and discharging.

from:Lead–acid battery - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
      There is a Difference in Knowing the Path and Walking the Path-Anonymous Takla with Pincenez

Mugen Fever

Awesome

It was showing signs of weak battery...the headights used to dim intermitently...and it took more then 1 cranks to start up. I believe these where signs of weak battery...no.

Well...how about the price i paid...was it good or i couldve got it cheaper ?? This is the first time ive got a battery changed by myself...so have no clue. All my earlier cars where not kept for more then 3 yrs...so never had found the need to change battery in any of em.

CIVIC MUGEN RR | Milano Red | TEIN SS | Lenso Raiden Project D "Spec C" | Dunlop Direzza DZ101 | Dynamat Extreme | FatMat

Storme'd

Secret

Sanchit87 - thanks for sharing the website. I just compared since i recently replaced my WagonR batteries (less than a month back) and this website is definately not overcharged. In fact it is cheaper than what you buy from Authorized retailers/dealers.

I recently bought Amaron AAM-GO-00038B20L - batterybhai.com mentions the price of 3K after exchange whereas i bought it from authorized amaron dealer and got it for 3.2K after exchange. Had i known this website before i would have saved 200 bucks
      Aerodynamics are for people who can’t build engines!

2014 Tata Safari Storme VX 4x2
      2006 Maruti Wagon R LXI - Sold (May 2014)

Mugen Fever

Awesome

Ur welcome lazybrain...n i m stoked to know this...its cheaper then the mkt and includes delivery n installation within 24 hrs.

The guy turned up even though the wheather was bad in gurgaon due to intermittent rains...but he made sure the battery was delivered n installed within the time frame.

I am seriously not used to such kinda commitment to service in India...especially in gurgaon.
      Thumbs up from my side...

Global Moderator
      Eindhoven,NL

Awesome

Sanchit87 - this is a great find , However could you also confirm the manufacturing date of the battery ?

This is the first thing i look for in batteries, i will prefer to pay premium for a battery fresh off the manfacturing line than one , which has been in storage for lets say a year or two ..

Mugen Fever

Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by HELLSTAR View Post
      Sanchit87 - this is a great find , However could you also confirm the manufacturing date of the battery ?

This is the first thing i look for in batteries, i will prefer to pay premium for a battery fresh off the manfacturing line than one , which has been in storage for lets say a year or two ..
      Well...whr do i look for the manufacturing date ??? I dont have the box with me anymore...and the battery is installed...is it mentioned on the top part which is visible ???

Daaam I did not know GH had
      this option! :D

Awesome

blackhorn Thanks for the detailed info and daaaaamn you know more about battries than me ! I currently have an Exide maintainance free batery on the Civic however sometimes the cabin lights start to flick and the stereo's display goes off completely but the back light stays on.

So I got the battrey checked and the local battrey guy told me that this particular type of battrey is a failure cause you cannot re-fill the liquid and You need to throw it away once dead, when I googled the battrey I found out that this particular type of battrey is way more better than the usual ones as they hold the charge for longer durtion and they dont loose charge that easily but I am really confused after reading what you have mentioned so which one is really better the maintainance free ones or the usual one !
      Last edited by undecover_bro; 28th Aug 2012 at 18:20.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information