• Awesome
  • Hungry
  • Secret

Thread: Advice: Expert HID Installer in Bangalore

Comfortably Numb

Awesome

Advice: Expert HID Installer in Bangalore

Hi All,
      the previous owner of my Car fitted with a Single (Mid-high) beam Bosch HID which is lately giving me trouble driving and escaping Cops (fined twice).
      I am planning to get Hi/Lo Bi-Xenon with projector. The catch is, if I go for Projector kit, the HID kit (Xenon bulb/Ballas) are non branded (not Phillips/Bosch/etc). I have heard people not suggesting these Chinese HID.
      Bi-Xenon HID Projectors With Angel Eyes N Demon Eyes - ( White Angel Eyes) | eBay

Whether I go for OEM HID or cheaper Projector, I am looking for a decent Retro-Fit installer in Bagalore as there are not many mechanics with Mitsubishi/Cedia knowledge. I have heard about A1 Car Care in Wilson Garden. Any other pointer. The previous install has left leak in the right Headlight Cluster which leaves the glass foggy in rains. I would want that to go as well.

Or should I change the entire Lamp cluster with replacement one which comes with HID + Projector ? It would set me back with $350 (Rs 20,000+)
      http://www.ebay.com/itm/360464767839...84.m1436.l2649

Tagging Bagalore Gurus @kb100 , @mclaren1885 , @Digital Vampire, as I did not want to hijack their "Cruze Headlamp Lighting Upgrade Options. thread
      Hasta la Vista,
      Ujjwal
      __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ________
      Mitsubishi Cedia 2.0L Sports | Pioneer 80PRS | Arc Audio XDi804 | Focal Polyglass 165VB Compo | Focal Polyglass 690 CVX Co-ax
      Genesis Profile Amp | ID12V3 Sealed Sub | FX-R v3 Projectors with Philips HiD bulbs |

Comfortably Numb

Awesome

Update: I finally ordered the HID projector (FX-R V3 with Shrouds matching my reflector), OEM Phillips 4300K d2S Bulbs and AMP to D2S Adapter from ALiexpress:

Aliexpress.com : Buy HOT CHA G3 FX R 3.0 / STANLEY HID BI XENON PROJECTOR LENS 3.0 INCH from Reliable PROJECTOR LENS suppliers on Guangdong CH Auto Parts Co., Ltd.

Aliexpress.com : Buy 100% ORIGINAL NEW D2S HID XENON BULB 85122+ from Reliable XENON BULB suppliers on Guangdong CH Auto Parts Co., Ltd.

Aliexpress.com : Buy CHA GOOD QUALITY AMP TO D2S ADAPTER RELAY HARNESS, 90 DEGREE from Reliable HARNESS suppliers on Guangdong CH Auto Parts Co., Ltd.

$197 including Shipping...Sent a mail to seller and he gave better price and reduced shipping.

I am going to re-use my existing Bosch 2nd Gen Ballast which are way better than what I get for even $150 a pair
      http://legacygt.com/forums/showthrea...id-158382.html

In all my research, almost ALL US e-bay seller selling these Projectors for $150 and below are Chinese/Tiwan made... I even matched some pics and they are Pixel-by-Pixel same. So why to pay $118 for same Project to a US seller when available at $70 mark from China (Projector itself is Tiwan based, which has much better QA than China).

http://www.ebay.com/itm/200735496190?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p398 4.m1423.l2649

I would be teaming up with another Senior to do the Fitting DIY under his guidance, or go to A1 Car Care , Lalbag, who have proper Headlight Alignment equipment, depending on senior's free time and the final outcome needing any refinement.
      Last edited by ujjwaana; 18th Sep 2012 at 14:05.
      Hasta la Vista,
      Ujjwal
      __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ________
      Mitsubishi Cedia 2.0L Sports | Pioneer 80PRS | Arc Audio XDi804 | Focal Polyglass 165VB Compo | Focal Polyglass 690 CVX Co-ax
      Genesis Profile Amp | ID12V3 Sealed Sub | FX-R v3 Projectors with Philips HiD bulbs |

looking for Headlights

Awesome

Very good ujjwaana.
      I too bought a pair from TRS but it stuck up in US. Please post the install pics as it will be helpful to gearheads like me .

Ouroboros
      There is no place like

Secret

Quote Originally Posted by ujjwaana View Post
      Aliexpress.com : Buy HOT CHA G3 FX R 3.0 / STANLEY HID BI XENON PROJECTOR LENS 3.0 INCH from Reliable PROJECTOR LENS suppliers on Guangdong CH Auto Parts Co., Ltd.
      I hope you've ordered the projector with the correct low-beam cutoff ---\___

All the best for your DIY project. Will be looking forward to sample the high beam quality of this projector.
      CODE6.IN | DigitalVampire.com | XENG.net
      "If there is a god, atheism must seem to god as less of an insult than religion.” --Edmond de Goncour

Comfortably Numb

Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by bullboy View Post
      Very good ujjwaana.
      I too bought a pair from TRS but it stuck up in US. Please post the install pics as it will be helpful to gearheads like me .
      I have a vast experience of importing my Hobby items (Aeromodelling) throught post from China/UK/US and have got more than 100 packages past Bangalore FPO/PAD.
      Costly couriers like UPS/FedEx/DHL is always costly as Custom charges is put all the times. Though you get away from hassel of running to the Customs, if they hold your package finding an under-invoicing. let see if the customs pass on with some duty, pass on free or ask me for grilling !!

Hope you get the package soon!

Quote Originally Posted by Digital Vampire View Post
      I hope you've ordered the projector with the correct low-beam cutoff ---\___

All the best for your DIY project. Will be looking forward to sample the high beam quality of this projector.
      Sure DV ! I have re-iterated twice the trade manager of the seller to send me a RHD projector. He was clear and positive regarding this.... I have apartment shifting lined up...so after that I would kick off the project. If I do DIY, would post the 'Build Thread' else would surely post the Beam performance highlighting all the aspects.
      Hasta la Vista,
      Ujjwal

Thread Information