• Angry
  • Awesome
  • Hungry
  • Secret
  • Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: UNEXPECTED DRIVE TO CHENNAI

not aware that he can set his status here!

Awesome

Lightbulb UNEXPECTED DRIVE TO CHENNAI

Got back yesterday after one hell of a trip.

I was looking for a mercedes w140 and got to know about 3 cars in Chennai last week.So call up my friends and plan to go on wednesday morning 3rd march. Then came wednesday

Called my friend Akbar who stays in jaynagar,at 5.30 a.m, he says he is ready but my other friend Deepak is not,and this guy was asking depak are you coming ,he nods yes,are you not coming ,he nods yes .So we decide to chuck out Deepak,so we met up at silkboard around 7.15am.

Started the drive ,not much traffic,stopped for fuel and breakfast near hosur for half hour.I was driving with a light foot,roads were good but not as smooth as the blr to hyd strech.After crossing krishna giri a mercedes c200 cdi overtakes me ,then there was a signal and i get to go ahead of him,this guy was a kid and again over takes me driving like a fool and braking ,thats it ,i was around 120km steady ,but now just geardown crossed 150 in 3rd and take him ,then till ambur it was between 120 to 185km,this kid i see from the rear view struggling to keep up taking more risks,then comes the long turns you get on the huge flyovers ,i took it in 165km ,the cars body role was present but it did it comfortably,i look back ,the c class does it easily with no body role,finally my tyres started stinking and thats when i realised i was straining the car too much ,slowed down and let him go . The rest of the drive was pleasant ,an i reached ponamalee flyover at 10.14 am.

It took 3 hours from central silk board to ponamalle including the breakfast and fuel break.

In chennai i get a call from one guy who giudes me to anna nagar ,he was actually driving behind us ,both of us did not know,then catch up mid way,then i followed his red swift and we were approaching a signal,my friend points me to two chicks on the left ,i turn and look and i hear a thud sound ,we have rearended his swift ,nobody got down and luckily not even a scartch to my lady.Soon we reach rayepetta to a garage and see a w140 s500v8 and a dodge dart 6.7litre v8 ,i think its a hemi. Will continue in the next post
      Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	03032010047.jpg 
Views:	220 
Size:	465.3 KB 
ID:	5749  

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	03032010046.jpg 
Views:	228 
Size:	489.9 KB 
ID:	5750  

Name:	03032010048.jpg 
Views:	225 
Size:	537.4 KB 
ID:	5751  

Name:	03032010049.jpg 
Views:	226 
Size:	521.6 KB 
ID:	5752  

Name:	03032010050.jpg 
Views:	228 
Size:	394.1 KB 
ID:	5753  

ICE ICE baby

Awesome

This is exciting. You need to update us ASAP. Rear ending is a common phenomena I've seen in chennai with the crazy kind of traffic.

Awesome

Boys more to come ahead and many more first time<with respect to exotic places> travelouge s ahead but i will not post with this sad response

GearHead
      Forza Ferrari!!!

Awesome

Dont we all get into trouble cos of chicks? Thats a nice Merc and that Dodge will be fun to drive. Looking forward for what more you did

and Frank, everyne is out on the weekend, wait for the responses from Monday onwards.
      "Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us."
      -Calvin

Dai!!!

Awesome

In the garage i start the s 500 ,it starts but the alternator light is blinking,so the owner says some wire problem and will rectify it by evening.

Mean while we check in to a guest house in rayepetta near the garage at around 1.30pm in the afternoon.
      Akbar says he needs beer and i say the same thing same time <unity>.Then we are off to search beer ,the guest house boy says it is available next to the flyover nearby.
      We decide to walk,and finally find the palce ,its so dirty ,i felt like puking and they had no chilled beer.,then we catch a ric and go to 2 other palces ,same story no chilled beer,so i bought just 5 beers and went back.Guys in madras just for 4 km i paid 100rs for the auto.Take rest fo 2 hours and around 8 o clock get a call from one of our friend ke he has a s600 and a s320.We meet up with arjun and went around in his scorpio crde,reach a apartment garage and see a s320,pics followed, will continue in the next post..

Name:	03032010052.jpg 
Views:	173 
Size:	325.7 KB 
ID:	5770  

Name:	03032010053.jpg 
Views:	171 
Size:	360.9 KB 
ID:	5771  

Name:	03032010054.jpg 
Views:	175 
Size:	336.5 KB 
ID:	5772  

Name:	03032010055.jpg 
Views:	170 
Size:	321.4 KB 
ID:	5773  

Name:	03032010056.jpg 
Views:	168 
Size:	328.1 KB 
ID:	5774  

Name:	03032010057.jpg 
Size:	326.3 KB 
ID:	5775  

Name:	03032010059.jpg 
Views:	167 
Size:	245.6 KB 
ID:	5776  

Name:	03032010060.jpg 
Size:	206.9 KB 
ID:	5777  

Name:	03032010061.jpg 
Views:	169 
Size:	240.0 KB 
ID:	5778  

GearHead
      Forza Ferrari!!!

Awesome

Nice Car again. I love those Mercs

And see that you have experienced the (in)famous Chennai Autos
      "Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us."
      -Calvin

Dai!!!

Super Moderator

Awesome

And where is the rest of the story?

I know what happened on Thursday night
      Feb 1997 Bajaj KB125 RTZ 49K km
      Mar 2003 Tata Indica V2 LSi 130K km
      Jan 2007 Tata Safari 3.0 DiCOR EX 4x4 148K km

Awesome

Hrag what happened and what did you hear.

Kraj the auto guy was requesting for that sum.

Ok so the s320 starts in half a kick ,i take a drive ,man that thing moves ,superb ride quality ,handling<took a 90degree turn at the speed of 100> rock steady, if a 6 cylinder is so poweful ,what about the v12,I can easily shave another half hour in my previous timing from hyd to bang in this car.

Ok dinner time ,me arjun and akbar to go sigris ,then i get a call from the man, ARKA ke where are you guys ,im coming to pick you, so we cancel the plan to sit in sigris and go back to our guest house.

Me and akbar were standing on the road since arka is coming,akbar see s a pair of head lights and says bees ke speed me aree yehi honga<a vehicle is coming in 20km /hr and he must be it.I warn him not to say anything like that after he comes and i will teach akbar a lesson later that night.

Knowing he is coming in the JEEP i dare dod not remove the sonata, so we went to a hotel called president hotel .Soon as we stopped in the parking lot we see petrol head<vijay> and the show stopper sanjay david<the traveller> come IN HIS MARVELLOUS cj3b petrol.

Jeep thrills guys dont use lifts but we take stairs till the 2nd floor,enter a lounge take the back door and i see two tables facing the swimming pool in a elevated plain,and got to know its the jeepers regular adda,superb place.

We were there for less than 2 hours,and there were 4 topics spoken that night.

A> JEEPS

B> JEEPS

C> JEEPS

D> JEEPS
      Awesome fun ,these guys are so friendly,no ego nothing just like i knew them for years.

After the D dinner we come down and i see straight a rare beautiful sight inviting me .YES YES YES thats sanjays superb cj3b petrol, i have lost my manners and directly sit in the drivers seat and start we go to barista which is hardly 200m from the hotel and have coffe.

We have a suprise guest ,it was major Roy ,he was passing by in his scorpio when he spotted the jeeps and stopped to say hello .I introduce my self to major Roy.

So time to leave and ,and i see the beauty and appreciate her ,yes the 3b,start it and call sissy akbar to sit <remember the lesson> he as usual chickens out ,so its sanjay and me ,i launch the jeep,man it moves ,take a short flat out ride i stay the next day to meet them again . we all leave.
      No pics for this dinner as it was mostly dark. Akbar just said one thing ,these guys met you for the 2nd time and come all the way to spend time with us ,especially sanjay david who came all the way 20km.

to be continued

Awesome

What is this man. To be continued like the serial which comes on the TV.

Bring it on,very interesting read, I am visualizing chennai through ur post
      2005 BAJAJ PULSAR DTSi 150 ES
      2006 BAJAJ DISCOVER DTSi 125 ES
      2010 JAN' MARUTI SUZUKI SWIFT LDi

Awesome

Hey swift here you go ,this is the final and boring part...

The next morning i got up very very late at10.30a.m,reason might be i got up early at bang to drive to chennai.

I look left and Akbar also just woke up,he insists we have lunch directly skipping the delicious chennai pongal.

Mean while i call the s500 guy who said some problem with a wire etc,still not ready.Call up Arka ,he says he will catch up in the evening.

So both of us get ready and go out of the guest house only to notice a biryani hotel next buildind,it was a very small place ,hardly 7ft by 7ft,but was hygenic and fresh,i was game to try.

It costed 55rs for chicken biryani that too basmathi rice ,it was good enough and i gave him some suggestions how to better it.

After lunch ,i felt the climate was slightly hot so decided to head back to the room.

Mean while i call our pertol head<vijay> he says he will get free around 5 o clock.

All the while till about 4p.m i was attending phone calls as well as akbar doing his shady deals.

We decided to go to beach since we came all the way to Chennai ,so head to marina beach which is hardly 3km from our room.,So i idle up the big lady ,take a left from the gate go 50mts,take right at rayepetta police station,see a flyover and go under it and take left. Too my utter dismay i see president hotel on my right ,i feel cheated by the jeepers ,all the while yesterday night we were loafing around the room ,the barista,the cj3b ride ,i felt like a fool.

We approach a signal,towards our right was a mall ,it looked majestic,though not very big,very artistically done up,it was the citicenter mall,unlike our glass paned malls,this one had italian architecture.

We go straight and oh my god see the beach ,its been more than a year since i last saw the sea which was in hongkong. See a board take left to Burma bazar<so finally i think this is the burma bazaar i have been hearing greatly from everybody since child hood>I remember my dad getting me pencils etc when i was in junior school.

Park the car ,i remove my sandals in the car and instruct Akbar to do so ,he refuses and says broken beer bottles will be there in the sand,i say balls and we continue.

One needs to walk 300mts to reach the water,we stay there for half hour sitting on a wooden kayak like boat and chatting what if there is a tsunami now,will you run or just stare .

I see a old fisherman may be aged about 55yrs,with a proper 6 pack ,not too thin ,take his boat<an excuse for a boat>. We see the whole process how 3 guys take it into the see,man it is very difficult,any ordinary person will either fall ar collapse due to exertion the way they row. While coming back i get a doubt ,the sand below is so soft,and how can one break bottles to which akbar replies,they catch 2 bottles in both the hands and bang them against each other,after that i did see glass pieces in the sand.Man when Arka said beach sand is soft and different from desert sand i did not realize,now i see it and i know why palar is so difficult. The man knows what he speaks and i never meet a guy like that in my whole life around the world..

We walk back to the car and head back to the room ,freshen up and go to that beautiful,tastefully done up mall ,citicenter and do some shopping ,after about an hour past ,i get a call from petrol head to come down,we meet up .

Actual plan was we wanted to go to ecr and sit near the beach for dinner but that has to be decided once Arka comes,so mean while we decide to have some go go juice<beer>.

Half hour later a friend of petrol head named sheshank joins us ,i was happy to hear he was from the land of nawabs,Hyderabad and we chat in telugu for a while,then comes the man ,tiger is a better word ARKA to meet the hunter<your frank>.

I had 8 strong go go juices and total 26 there and we took 8 parcel

After a while our headers saab gives a entry,we have a small chat ,headers and sheshank leave,we go to the parking lot<Arka,Akbar,Vijay and me>

What the hell the only 3 vehicles are ARKA S MM540 ,SONATA AND WAGON R , I dont see a jeep

but i am saved cause Arka had something similar ,jump in to the drivers seat<again with out asking> Crank the baby up ,arhhh,huff i hear the peugo purring ,superb,Arka gives me directions i just paste the road<around 1a.m>

Finally i take right in to a star hotel gate<dont know the name> and the security guard jumps out of the way . Park and while getting in in the lobby i see my favourite tamil actor ,you can see him in the pis to be followed.Guys any body knows the name of this place please mention because the food was excellent,thank you Arka..

Order the food and come back to the car to finish some unfinished business<remember the parcel juice>.
      Security guard comes and says not allowed,Akbar chases him away<you see animalistic instincts,ie when a animal is eating or drinking it does not like to get disturbed and attacks.>

Go back and have dinner ,all this while Akbar is missing,later i get to know from him he was high and slept in the reception and later in the car ,i asked him why in the car,the reply was if you guys forget me also you will have to go to the car soo thats why,so after dinner i thank our Arka saab and leave to the room.

Reach the room and Akbar sleeps ,i some how didnt feel like sleeping and go to the car and search ,finally in the boot i find a cigar,wow listen to music and suddenly a chick from south africa<british decent >drops in,Ggeneral talketc etc etc etc.I later sleep at 3am.

I wake up at 6.30am all fresh and ready ,i look left,this guy akbar looks like he wont get up for another 4 to 5 hrs,is totally lost having just premium go go juice.

I have never seen him like that ,all this is due to my evil practices,he has become the scape goat.

Pics will follow ,the guy in the white shirt next to the actor is akbar.

The returning part is a bit boring,i will post tommorow...

PS ,MODS IF ANY SENTENCE IS NOT ALLOWED HERE PLEASE DELETE

Name:	05032010063.jpg 
Views:	126 
Size:	416.5 KB 
ID:	5967  

Name:	05032010062.jpg 
Views:	127 
Size:	483.4 KB 
ID:	5968  

Name:	05032010069.jpg 
Views:	126