• Angry
  • Awesome
  • Hungry
  • Secret
  • Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Guide to driving FAST on tracks!

Enjoying the refinement of
      ANHC

Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by Sheel Priye View Post
      Does Figo Titanium come equipped with EBD?
      Yes it is
      Thanking you
      Deb
      https://www.facebook.com/smartdebabrata
      Honda City i-VTEC | Bajaj Pulsar 180 UG5, 2018
      Royal Enfield Thunderbird 350 | Ford Figo TDCi | Bajaj Pulsar 150 DTSi UG 4.5 2012 | Yamaha Gladiator 125 | Yamaha YBX 125 | Yamaha Crux | Yamaha Rx 100

Enjoying the refinement of
      ANHC

Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by mclaren1885 View Post
      Very true indeed. Reminds me of an incident I had back in 2007. We were going to some temples in AP and dad was driving the Baleno. He was doing around 170 (right lane) as we approached a Zen that was in the centre lane. Just as we were about to overtake the Zen, he swerved into our lane for no apparent reason. Dad panicked and thinking that the Zen guy was going to crash into us, he swerved a little to the right but we landed up too close to the divider. With no space to go anywhere, stuck between the Zen and the divider, he took his foot of the throttle and let go off the steering as well to cover his face and brace for impact

By then the Zen guy realized his mistake and cut to the left lane and now I was sitting in the passengers seat with my hands on the steering trying to control the already stepped out rear by trying to correct as much as I could and at the same time I was yelling at the top of my voice "power up, dad, power up". At first he thought I was crazy, but since I was literally shouting at him to throttle, he did and I managed to get the car back under control. We almost immediately pulled over to the side and I ran to the other side of the car to take over the wheel so that we could chase down the Zen guy and teach him a lesson he'd never forget. But dad, mom and aunts in the car were so shaken, that I decided to let go.

Then dad asked me, why did you ask me to accelerate? I thought you had gone mad, because to a normal person that is what instinct tells them first, to let go off the throttle. I then explained to him how weight transfer works, and how you can control the rear by keeping your foot on the throttle. I swear to God, that was the first and the last time my dad said "I am glad you wasted so much money going to the track to learn driving"

Since then he has picked up a lot of stuff and now drives pretty well.
      Thrilled....
      Thanking you
      Deb
      https://www.facebook.com/smartdebabrata
      Honda City i-VTEC | Bajaj Pulsar 180 UG5, 2018
      Royal Enfield Thunderbird 350 | Ford Figo TDCi | Bajaj Pulsar 150 DTSi UG 4.5 2012 | Yamaha Gladiator 125 | Yamaha YBX 125 | Yamaha Crux | Yamaha Rx 100

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread Information