• Angry
  • Awesome
  • Hungry
  • Secret
  • Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Renault Duster RXL 110PS - The Road Runner

Dream Garage is coming soon!!!

Awesome

Congrats on your Duster naveen.maverick.Bit late to say.We also booked Duster after the launch,i.e,next day.But,after knowing that it has 5-6 months waiting and 5 seater,cancelled it and bought our 7 year Company's Innova.

not aware that he can set his status here!

Awesome

Back After a long time and covering up some 5000 Kms in 3 months and here are my observations.

First on the regular checkup at 2000 Kms. I had to leave the vehicle at the showroom for about 6 hours and the charges for the service/checkup was 0. The SA coaxed me to get a 3M covering on the engine bay for Rs. 510 which I did get done but later thought it as not worth as it just has 5 month coverage. Some basic issues - Door alignment, handbrake being loose were addressed during this service. When I enquired the SA on the oil used, he mentioned that Synthetic oil is recommended for the vehicle. Later when I probed further as I had read that they had used mineral oil as well, he said that the Engine oil choice is left to the customer. The service intervals remain same - 10,000 Kms or 1 Year for both of them. Will need to research a bit more and take a decision as ELF Synthetic oil seems to be costly as it is imported.

I did hear some sounds after 2000 Kms but later on after checking, it was being caused by the jack and the spanner in the tool box. No rattling sounds yet from my duster even after some harsh treatment. Post the first service, the turbo lag seems to have reduced (or my feeling) as I feel enough power at 1500 RPM now although there is a turbo whoosh at 2000 RPM. The Mileage so far is around 14 Km/Lt with a mix of Highway (30%) and City (70%) driving. It did get punctured on a highway trip and I had a tough time in replacing the spare. The job itself was easy but the tyres were heavy and I broke a sweat while changing them.

City Driving - There is some turbo lag in 2nd gear during city limits but I have learnt to over come it by slotting into the proper gear each time. The mileage drops in heavy traffic drastically (1st and 2nd gear) and gets better in 5th and 6th gear (rarely get to use them). I have observed an average of 13.5 Km/lt in City limits. Overtaking is easy while Parking is still difficult. The low turning radius is a boon as I can take normal U turns directly. With the heavy traffic in Bangalore, the 3 point U turn is a pain. I did not feel the pain of the clutch as my old car had a heavier clutch.

Highway Driving - This is a pleasure. The greatest positive here is the ride over bad roads. The vehicle tends to glide over the bad roads and you can cover them in quick time. I have reached a top speed of 140Kmph and the vehicle was stable. Although I felt that the vehicle is more in control till 120Kmph. It zooms till 100 Kmph after which the progress is not as fast. The mileage is great when driven at 100Kmph and thereafter drops. I got around 15 Kmpl on my highway drives which included 30% bad roads. I am yet to test the top end of the vehicle and will try it when I get a chance in future.

I have installed a GPRS tracking device from TCOP to ensure safety during theft. The other mods planned are Alloy wheels, reverse parking camer/sensors and speaker upgrade.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Music_Swift View Post
      Congrats on your Duster naveen.maverick.Bit late to say.We also booked Duster after the launch,i.e,next day.But,after knowing that it has 5-6 months waiting and 5 seater,cancelled it and bought our 7 year Company's Innova.
      Innova is definitely a good choice if you are looking for a 7 seater. Congrats on your purchase and wish you happy miles on it.

Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by Nomad View Post
      I had heard a lot about this Duster. this is my first experience reading a review.

Looks like a typical french car.. Good looking from outside lookwise, typical "beater car" interiors.

how much is the On Road Price in Bengaluru ?

Congratuations on buying a new car.

Sorry for the delay.I thought I replied to this.. I paid 12.39 Lakhs including insurance from outside. You can checkout the current onroad prices in Bangalore for different variants on trident renault site Renault Car Dealers in Bangalore, Renault Showroom Price Bangalore at Tridentrenault.

Awesome

I have been getting a consistent Mileage of 13.5 KMPL in Bangalore Cirty traffic. The tankfull - tankfull method calculation gives average of 13.8 KMPL.

Madrasipattanam

Awesome

Congrats on 110PS naveen.maverick
      Never Say Never Again :)

Specially for Photography Section - If i post any pic in photography section, Please click and view in full screen for correct resolution and clarity. Thanks !!

Awesome

Mileage is now improved and am getting 14.5KMPL

aka cmsajith

Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by naveen.maverick View Post
      I have been getting a consistent Mileage of 13.5 KMPL in Bangalore Cirty traffic
      Which route are you driving?
      I am getting consistently 18-18.8km/l in city w/o or occasional usage of AC (route : ITPL - BannerghattaRd via ring road) @ ~4500kms
      Checked the onboard computer with a manual calculation: Filled 5Ltr @ reserve + x kms and compared the values after the next reserve + x kms, the difference was very negligible. My onboard computer shows 18-18.8kms.
      In Highway, last time I got 20-21.5km/ltr
      Last edited by CMS; 13th Feb 2013 at 09:15.

ICE Keeda Reincarnated...

Awesome

The more it looks good on the outside, the interiors are definitely a big let down. Fit and finish is not up to the mark. Could have been a lot better.
      For Sale: Infinity Kappa 120.9w 12" Subwoofer (selectable 2/4 ohm) with sealed enclosure

Interested folks can PM me or sms/call me at 98181 seven zero seven two three.

Pioneer 80PRS | Hertz HDP-5 | Polk Audio MM6501 | Polk Audio DB571 | Infinity Kappa 120.9w

aka cmsajith

Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by vasishta.sushant View Post
      The more it looks good on the outside, the interiors are definitely a big let down. Fit and finish is not up to the mark. Could have been a lot better.
      As per the reviews, its far better than the LHDs abroad.

Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by cmsajith View Post
      Which route are you driving?
      I am getting consistently 18-18.8km/l in city w/o or occasional usage of AC (route : ITPL - BannerghattaRd via ring road) @ ~4500kms
      Checked the onboard computer with a manual calculation: Filled 5Ltr @ reserve + x kms and compared the values after the next reserve + x kms, the difference was very negligible. My onboard computer shows 18-18.8kms.
      In Highway, last time I got 20-21.5km/ltr
      I travel within the city (Hebbal to Banashankari) but not at peak time. Mine is a 110cc and probably that is the difference. I get good mileage in Highways when constantly driven at 80-100 kmph, but I tend to rip and my mileage was around 17kmpl on highways.

It is now improved to around 15kmpl within City limits mainly as it drops considerably in bumper to bumper traffic.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information