• Hungry
  • Secret
  • Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Alpine CDA-9887 with the imprint kit KTX-100EQ

Living the dream

Awesome

Alpine CDA-9887 with the imprint kit KTX-100EQ

Hello All,

I've decided to let go of my 3.5 yr old Alpine CDA-9887 + KCE-422i (ipod cable) + KTX-100EQ Imprint Kit.

Issues I have with the player currently: the CD section skips at times, this issue has cropped up in past few months, my usage of the CD player is minimal and never understood why this problem has arised. I mostly use my iPod and never had a problem with that till date.

My plan is to replace this unit with a Pioneer unit with USB capabilities.

My expected price: 11K, willing to ship anywhere in India at actuals.

Thank you.

Website details : Alpine CDA-9887 http://alpine-usa.com/product/view/cda-9887/

Alpine KTX-100EQ http://www.crutchfield.com/p_500KTX1...100eq&tp=37274 (this is officially discontinued and difficult to source)
      Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	9887-1.jpg 
Views:	73 
Size:	479.4 KB 
ID:	105962  

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	9887-2.jpg 
Views:	81 
Size:	1,004.6 KB 
ID:	105963  

Name:	9887-3.jpg 
Views:	75 
Size:	986.4 KB 
ID:	105964  

Name:	9887-4.jpg 
Views:	82 
Size:	516.5 KB 
ID:	105965  

Name:	IMG_0045.JPG 
Views:	89 
Size:	1.82 MB 
ID:	105958  

Duster 110 -
      Source - Pioneer 80 PRS
      DSP - Helix DSP Pro
      Amplification
      - Mosconi AS200.4 (Mid Bass & Sub), AS100.4 (Tweeter & Mid Range)
      Speakers - AudioFrog GB60, GB25, GB10, Sub - GS12D4

Up and Running

Awesome

You got to be kidding me for selling at that price. The CD skipping issue should be serviceable.

ICE Apprentice
      Walter White of ICE

Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by matbhuvi View Post
      The CD skipping issue should be serviceable.
      It is in fact very much serviceable ... my installer also happens to have the official Alpine Service Center for Punjab under him and if some help is required to get this issue looked at, will be glad to help.

Most likely it is just minor dust that could have collected inside the mechanism at some parts and on one such cases where a friend's 9886 also skipped while playing CD's the Service guy used WD40 and some ethanol to clean off the rails on which the lens moves on and the lens as well. It was good as new.
      It's the best way to dump money and spend an inordinate amount of time...because all debts are paid when the hairs on the back of your neck stand straight up and goosebumps cover your arms, because the sound is SO good. - Scott Buwalda

Up and Running

Awesome

camchennai are you aware of a place in Chennai where this unit can be serviced?

Deep down inside

Hungry

super vfm deal.

i was myself looking for this HU 3-4 months back but never got my hands on it. but now when i have my rs2....this popped up. horse's shit classified's thread....i hate you
      Just Enough and Essential Parts .

Rabid Dog Club
      Giving excuses!

Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by matbhuvi View Post
      are you aware of a place in Chennai where this unit can be serviced?
      I will have to check on it, I am out of Chennai for couple of months so not sure whether he is still in business or not, I will check and update you
      Toyota Camry MT|TATA Safari EX 4x2

Rabid Dog Club - bite first, bark later :-P

“The auto industry is not a charity that produces widgets for driving enthusiasts.”

Living the dream

Awesome

ALPINE 9887 with IMPRINT

Upgrade Your Sound With IMPRINT
      Enjoy the most accurate sound reproduction ever - IMPRINT™ Sound. From the artist, direct to you. Nothing in between. All your favorite music, just as the artist intended.

Experience Music The Way The Artist Intended
      Enjoy the most accurate sound reproduction ever - IMPRINT™ Sound. From the artist, direct to you. Nothing in between. All your favorite music, just as the artist intended.

* Activate IMPRINT using the IMPRINT Sound Manager (KTX-100EQ) software.
      Advanced Technology For Ultimate Sound Quality. Alpine has combined their in-vehicle sound system expertise with Audyssey's acoustical technology to deliver a sound system hardware-plus-software platform with breakthrough equalization technology. IMPRINT automatically overcomes the car's inherent acoustical challenges, and improves the sound stage, tonal balance, and definition.

The Sonic Magic Of MultEQ™
      The car interior is an acoustical challenge. Interior surfaces reflect sound while other surfaces reflect sound while other surfaces absorb it. IMPRINT sound overcomes the car's inherent acoustical challenges, improving the sound stage, tonal balance and definition. MultEQ solves all this by using more than 500 control points along the frequency spectrum. This optimizes the sound reproduction to the specific vehicle listening environment with much greater precision that has been achieved up to now - reproducing the music as it was meant to be heard troughout the car.

24 Bit DAC

24-Bit Burr-Brown D/A converter and other leading-edge technologies to provide wide dynamic range and high precision sound reproduction. Naturally, the sound from MP3, WMA and AAC playback is also outstanding.

Always a Clear View
      The CDA-9887 is equipped with a Biolite Display for a wider viewing angle, and ensured high visibility in all lighting condition, even bright daylight.

Customize your Sound
      If you like to tweak your sound, this is the head unit for you. It gives you 6 channels of Digital Time Correction, 3-way or 2-way crossover, 7-band graphic EQ or 5-band parametric EQ. You can manually toggle between the CDA-9887 default sound setting and IMPRINT to tune your sound the way you want.

The Car's Inherent Challenges
      Car interiors are a challenging acoustical environment for listening to music. There are many components that obstruct and degrade the quality of sound reproduction. All of this leads to an unbalanced sound stage.

The IMPRINT Solution
      Introducing IMPRINT. IMPRINT technology automatically overcomes the car's inherent acoustical challenges, and improves the sound stage, tonal balance, and definition.

The Process
      It is the only system that measures the entire listening area, capturing frequency and time domain information from each listening location, and then applying a proprietary method for combining this information to represent all seat locations. This results in a maximized listening experience in all seats. It corrects both time and frequency problems simultaneously, resulting in improved sound stage and smoother, more natural sound. It uses dynamic frequency allocation to apply hundreds of points of correction to those areas where the sound problems are greatest. This results in better sound using less computing resources (MIPS) Millions of Instructions per Second than other systems. It determines optimized blending points for low-frequency crossovers. IMPRINT Sound Manager (PC application KTX-100EQ, sold separately) is designed to match the target sound desired by the Alpine IMPRINT specification automatically. Then minor manual adjustments also can be made to significantly reduce the total time for tuning sound systems from days to minutes.

The End Result - IMPRINT offers an unparalleled custom sound experience:

Better sound stage, image and sound quality - in all seats for all musical content. A faster, repeatable tuning process for car manufacturers, resulting in a consistent high quality listening experience in any vehicle platform. A hardware-plus-software solution for adding sound quality value to vehicle engineering and marketing.

source - Alpine Electronics of America, Inc.
      Duster 110 -
      Source - Pioneer 80 PRS
      DSP - Helix DSP Pro
      Amplification

ICE ing My Vw

Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by kanna.sridharan View Post
      ALPINE 9887 with IMPRINT

Upgrade Your Sound With IMPRINT

Experience Music The Way The Artist Intended

* Activate IMPRINT using the IMPRINT Sound Manager (KTX-100EQ) software.
      Advanced Technology For Ultimate Sound Quality. Alpine has combined their in-vehicle sound system expertise with Audyssey's acoustical technology to deliver a sound system hardware-plus-software platform with breakthrough equalization technology. IMPRINT automatically overcomes the car's inherent acoustical challenges, and improves the sound stage, tonal balance, and definition.

The Sonic Magic Of MultEQ™
      The car interior is an acoustical challenge. Interior surfaces reflect sound while other surfaces reflect sound while other surfaces absorb it. IMPRINT sound overcomes the car's inherent acoustical challenges, improving the sound stage, tonal balance and definition. MultEQ solves all this by using more than 500 control points along the frequency spectrum. This optimizes the sound reproduction to the specific vehicle listening environment with much greater precision that has been achieved up to now - reproducing the music as it was meant to be heard troughout the car.

24 Bit DAC

24-Bit Burr-Brown D/A converter and other leading-edge technologies to provide wide dynamic range and high precision sound reproduction. Naturally, the sound from MP3, WMA and AAC playback is also outstanding.

Always a Clear View
      The CDA-9887 is equipped with a Biolite Display for a wider viewing angle, and ensured high visibility in all lighting condition, even bright daylight.

Customize your Sound
      If you like to tweak your sound, this is the head unit for you. It gives you 6 channels of Digital Time Correction, 3-way or 2-way crossover, 7-band graphic EQ or 5-band parametric EQ. You can manually toggle between the CDA-9887 default sound setting and IMPRINT to tune your sound the way you want.

The Car's Inherent Challenges
      Car interiors are a challenging acoustical environment for listening to music. There are many components that obstruct and degrade the quality of sound reproduction. All of this leads to an unbalanced sound stage.

The IMPRINT Solution
      Introducing IMPRINT. IMPRINT technology automatically overcomes the car's inherent acoustical challenges, and improves the sound stage, tonal balance, and definition.

The Process
      It is the only system that measures the entire listening area, capturing frequency and time domain information from each listening location, and then applying a proprietary method for combining this information to represent all seat locations. This results in a maximized listening experience in all seats. It corrects both time and frequency problems simultaneously, resulting in improved sound stage and smoother, more natural sound. It uses dynamic frequency allocation to apply hundreds of points of correction to those areas where the sound problems are greatest. This results in better sound using less computing resources (MIPS) Millions of Instructions per Second than other systems. It determines optimized blending points for low-frequency crossovers. IMPRINT Sound Manager (PC application KTX-100EQ, sold separately) is designed to match the target sound desired by the Alpine IMPRINT specification automatically. Then minor manual adjustments also can be made to significantly reduce the total time for tuning sound systems from days to minutes.

The End Result - IMPRINT offers an unparalleled custom sound experience:

Better sound stage, image and sound quality - in all seats for all musical content. A faster, repeatable tuning process for car manufacturers, resulting in a consistent high quality listening experience in any vehicle platform. A hardware-plus-software solution for adding sound quality value to vehicle engineering and marketing.

source - Alpine Electronics of America, Inc.

Is still its avaiable? r u willing to sell the imprint kit alone?
      Alpine Iva 520-e,Alpine Pxa-h100 Imrint processor, with ktx -100 tuning kit...Speaker waiting to be upgraded...
      Dls ca 12 monoblock amplifier Hokked up with Pheonix gold 12"inch xenon series Subwoffer custom made Ported enclosure with Dls Bp 110 Bass port kit.

not aware that he can set his status here!

Awesome

Hey do you still have this???

Living the dream

Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by The Venom View Post
      Hey do you still have this???
      Its on hold for a forum member.

Thanks
      Duster 110 -
      Source - Pioneer 80 PRS
      DSP - Helix DSP Pro
      Amplification

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information