• Secret
  • Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Renault Duster 110ps vs XUV5OO W6

Global Moderator
      Driving Worlds fastest truck!!

Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by Metalspree View Post
      XUV bookings closed
      The last info which I got was that. AFAIK, they open once they complete the batches. Can check this with the dealers once.
      Try walking into YOUR car rather than crawling. For me walking is always best ---GURU SHISHIR

Audio Enthusiast
      SO can't stop the XUV

Hungry

Quote Originally Posted by shishirbn View Post
      XUV booking are closed as of now
      Nope that's not correct. Refer http://www.mahindraxuv500.com/ Its still open !

Quote Originally Posted by Metalspree View Post
      XUV bookings closed , never knew this.
      Its never closed after June 8th 2012.

Dream is not what you see when you sleep;dream is something that doesn't make you sleep - A. P. J. Abdul Kalam.

Mahindra XUV 500
      Tata Tiago XZ Petrol
      Honda Hornet
      Honda Activa
      Honda Dio

Crazy guy!
      Meh!

Secret

Quote Originally Posted by lvramanan View Post
      Dude I recently did 180kmph on a inter state highway & the XUV was capable of even more with absolute discipline !
      Our highway travel usually involves the princess of our family, my 4 year old niece. So i make sure they dont cross 100kmph when she is onboard. 120 is when papa is not on board and speeds >130kmph are when i am out with friends.(Friends drive)

Why not Safari 2.2VTT
      Myself and my mother are inclined towards it but the release of safari storme makes us rethink. We dont want to end up with a car who's production is going to stop next year. If dad is not satisfied with duster then storme may come into picture.
      Plus the safari is very tough to drive inside the city. I shudder when imagine a car like safari doing the school duties!!!
      On days when the driver is on leave dad will not like driving the truck!!

Quote Originally Posted by lvramanan View Post
      Nope that's not correct. Refer MAY YOUR LIFE BE FULL OF STORIES! - Powered by XUV500 Its still open !
      That is very good news. But some how dad does not trust the xuv He says it does not have the timeless looks like the endeavour or the pajero!

Have booked test drive of the duster tomorrow. Hope the test car turns up

I have decided to make dad read this thread after a week or so. Then he can buy what ever car he wants! I am happy with the ritz as of now

Global Moderator

Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by Anandv267 View Post
      We dont want to end up with a car who's production is going to stop next year
      No Sir. This won't stop. Strome is on a separate league and Safari is on a separate league. So the production won't stop.

Plus the safari is very tough to drive inside the city
      This is simple and easy like a car itself. Only thing is an extra foot space is reqired in all directions. You won't regret this buy. But make sure your dealer has a good set of mechanics.

Will tag Wheels, anubhavt and hrag , they will be of good advice on Safari
      Try walking into YOUR car rather than crawling. For me walking is always best ---GURU SHISHIR

Crazy guy!
      Meh!

Secret

shishirbn thnaks ji. Will start brainwashing mom to brainwash dad about having a look at the safari.

The safari storme looks neat. Would be nice if they would just release the damn thing!!!

This is simple and easy like a car itself. Only thing is an extra foot space is reqired in all directions. You won't regret this buy. But make sure your dealer has a good set of mechanics.
      It is the extra foot space which is not available in chennai traffic . And for the service we would have no issues at all. The TASS manager in Theni is a good friend of BIL so we have no problems. Our vista goes to theni for service. BIL is very adamant about it. Touch wood the service has been good till date. So in short service in Theni is not a problem. But i have no idea about the chennai TASS. After a year or so the car we buy will have to be maintained in chennai only!!

Not on GH anymore!

Secret

Safari is very easy to drive in the city, except while taking tight "U Turns", which creates some challenge. However, once you get used to it, then it becomes easy.

Also, Why don't you test drive "Strome" it has better turning radius and all new smother gearbox.
      My Flickr - www.flickr.com/photos/103602929@N08

Global Moderator

Awesome

And for the service we would have no issues at all. The TASS manager in Theni is a good friend of BIL so we have no problems.
      Why do you want to lose the trump card. Go for it. I drove it for almost 140kms and I am in love with it. Only thing was the TASS worry. Which you don't have. So think about it

Crazy guy!
      Meh!

Secret

Quote Originally Posted by anubhavt View Post
      Safari is very easy to drive in the city, except while taking tight "U Turns", which creates some challenge. However, once you get used to it, then it becomes easy.
      I dont mind driving a tipper lorry also inside the city. But for dad it will be tough. The car will be driver driven 90% of the time. When i mentioned safari to dad his only concers were service and driving it. He says it is a car to be driven in and he doesn want to be caught driving one. .

Quote Originally Posted by anubhavt View Post
      Also, Why don't you test drive "Strome" it has better turning radius and all new smother gearbox.
      Planning to do that. But i have no idea when test drives start. But a test drive is surely in the cards

Why do you want to lose the trump card. Go for it. I drove it for almost 140kms and I am in love with it. Only thing was the TASS worry. Which you don't have. So think about it
      Hmmm. Ji if i was putting in my money i would blindly go in for the safari. It is the dream of every person who has seen the beast mature to its present form from the time it was launched. Dad wants a no nonsense vehicle. Grrrrr. Now BIL is adding to the confusion by saying fortuner. Confusion confusion confusion!!!

Tomorrow things should become a bit more clearer since we are taking test drive of the duster. If the duster does not impress dad then safari/storme has a very bright chance. Hope the rear seats are as cramped as Metalspree mentioned!!!

Global Moderator

Awesome

Now BIL is adding to the confusion by saying fortuner.
      Fortuner comes for 23-25L and your budget is around 15L.

Crazy guy!
      Meh!

Secret

Fortuner comes for 23-25L and your budget is around 15L.
      All i can say is Father in laws take son in laws requirements seriously . But IMO we dont need and cant afford to spend that much on a car. Fortuners attract unwanted attention which we dont like. Plus we aint in the political or the off roading scenario so it would be an insult for the fortuner if we purchased one!!!

P.S : The above statements are being typed by the sane mature 24 year old inside me. The Real me wants a fortuner. The real me is willing to sell off a ground in chennai outer and buy the real deal i.e land rovers. Thank god there is no property in my name

Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread Information