• Angry
  • Awesome
  • Hungry
  • Secret
  • View Poll Results: Would you like to have every image/photo/graphic uploaded on the forum to be watermarked automatical

Voters
    27. You may not vote on this poll
    • Prominent Watermark

2 7.41%
    • Small / Stealth Watermark

23 85.19%
    • No Watermarking

1 3.70%
    • Whatever , I dont care

1 3.70%
    Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: To Watermark all images or Not to - Your Opinions please

Global Moderator
      Eindhoven,NL

Awesome

To Watermark all images or Not to - Your Opinions please

Fellow Gearheads,

I come to you with the need to make a decision.

I along with all of you have uploaded numerous images on the forum in various sections , majorly in the Photography and the Travelogues Sub forums , a lot of our efforts have gone on making those images, it is only natural that we need to ensure that the images be safe from Plagiarism . We already had one instance of this happening with images posted by one of us.

It is also imperative that the owners are given due credit for their efforts in creating the images and also in safe guarding the interests of the people who may be featured on these images ...

The easiest way to do this is through implementing a watermark on every image that is uploaded on the forum.

I need to know your opinions on this, if we have a majority who says that we need to images to be watermarked then yes , we will try and implement this feature .. so Gearheads tell us your views..and why ..

The poll is open for ten days so do make your choices fast
      Last edited by HELLSTAR; 9th Oct 2012 at 02:34.

not aware that he can set his status here!

Hungry

Quote Originally Posted by HELLSTAR View Post
      It is also imperative that the owners are given due credit for their efforts in creating the images and also in safe guarding the interests of the people who may be featured on these images ...

The easiest way to do this is through implementing a watermark on every image that is uploaded on the forum.
      Yes! We need the watermark. I previously had suggested and asked for it about a year ago while publishing the Audi A8L Review Pics.
      Our forum is rapidly growing and holds a good position among many Indian Auto communities and International ICE forums. It must've the creditability and copyrights of the images uploaded. I feel it's imperative.

#Mods : Lets have a poll.
      2015 Mercedes-Benz C200 Avantgarde
      2016 Hyundai Creta SX(O)
      2017 Isuzu D-Max V Cross: PX5 Android HU -> AK4490EQ -> miniDSP C-DSP| Helix P400 | Kravchenko KAXBLTWT & HAT Legatia L6SE | Boston GT2125 | Vaani Vector 6.5mkII | SounDigital SD250.1| Infinity REF1200S
      2014 Hyundai Elite i20 Asta: Nexus 7 -> AK4490EQ -> miniDSP C-DSP| DLS A2 | Audible Physics RAM3a | Boston GT2125 | Vaani Vector 6.5mkII | Rockford Fosgate T400-2 | Morel Ultimo SC

Bicycle in Pune, Figo in Delhi

Awesome

A huge transparent watermark across the photo which is visible only when we tilt our laptop screen, IMO, is the best watermark. Advantages-
      1. Impossible to photoshop out.
      2. Viewer doesn't see watermark (unless he tilts his screen) and hence no obstruction on drooling on shiny cars polished by fordfan

Global Moderator
      Eindhoven,NL

Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by bamaboy View Post
      : Lets have a poll.
      Your wish has just been granted !!!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by DevilsCry View Post
      A huge transparent watermark across the photo which is visible only when we tilt our laptop screen, IMO, is the best watermark.
      A huge watermark while being effective also kills the image from the photographic perspective IMHO, there are more stealthier more effective ways of implementing a water mark as found by our very own 007 himself ...

Awesome

there are more stealthier more effective ways of implementing a water mark as found by our very own 007 himself
      Please point me to such a photo. Looks like I failed to notice such watermarks

Global Moderator
      Eindhoven,NL

Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by DevilsCry View Post
      Please point me to such a photo. Looks like I failed to notice such watermarks
      have a look at the invisible watermark.. i dont know how easy or difficult it is to deploy this but well , the option is there ...

Watermarks: Protecting the image
      Last edited by HELLSTAR; 9th Oct 2012 at 02:53.

Awesome

have a look at the invisible watermark.. i dont know how easy or difficult it is to deploy this but well , the option is there
      Oh those ones! Well IMO, it is just not needed. We simply need watermarks for common man and not for evidences in courts.

StarScream
      You don't say...!!!

Awesome

These invisible watermarks are good, but they aren't 'privacy holding' enough. What I mean is, in the court of law they stand, you have the proof okay; but they will not stop the use of the photos randomly across the internet and other forums.
      As good as many of the photographers here are, mega companies and mags aren't going to be the only ones to steal these pics. Random bloggers, networking people, fans will do it much more.
      A visible watermark, would be much better, particularly with respect to building up the forum. Visibility = Promotion. Simple enough right.
      For those interested, they can integrate these invisible ones themselves, and a visible forum one should be mandatory, so to say.
      Since most of us are kinda close to each other, if we want to share some specific original high def images, we can do so privately; the images posted here should be watermarked.

The Brio AT was a big leak, and the photos were first on our forum. Weren't watermarked initially, and got copied.
      As a developing entity on the net, I think the forum needs name building; and this would be a very vital step.
      www.WordWorld.pw
      www.NFSpoet.blogspot.com
      www.facebook.com/NFSzone
      www.MeAgainstWords.blogspot.com

:OO:

Hungry

well, i do water marking on my shots before posting ...
      before watermarking things i take care of :
      1 Select the area nearest to the object in focus.
      2 Should be light ... In ps5 i use 45% opacity.
      3 Select the color of fonts, using eye-dropper tool, from near by pixels where water marking has to be done
      All this gives the photos a stealth water marking without hindering the beauty of the pic.

Example
      Click image for larger version. 

Name:	VIX_1054.JPG 
Views:	29 
Size:	218.3 KB 
ID:	108075
      vikki

Jai Radhe Maa

Secret

visible watermarks mess up good images. the point here is to establish ownership of images and track them in the least intrusive way possible.

Digital watermarking - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

this is not to hold things up in a court of law but to put the fear of god in the heads of plagiarists.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information