• Angry
  • Awesome
  • Hungry
  • Secret
  • Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: F1 2010 - Bahrain GP

not aware that he can set his status here!

Awesome

F1 2010 - Bahrain GP

So the first race of the new season is here, with more new teams and new drivers. And if thats not exciting enough, Schumacher's back!!

Any predictions for the qualifying/race?? I think its gonna be Massa on top followed by Alonso and Schumacher at the end of tomorrows race.
      02' Honda City VTEC
      04' Skoda Octavia vRS
      08' Honda Accord 2.4L
      08' Volkswagen Passat
      10' BMW 320d

Awesome

Saturday Practice

Alonso tops today mornings practice session. Looks like the Ferrari has got the pace this time. Hope they can keep it going through qualifying and the race.
      Name:  1.jpg
Views: 84
Size:  142.7 KB

Source - Formula 1?„? - The Official F1?„? Website
      02' Honda City VTEC
      04' Skoda Octavia vRS
      08' Honda Accord 2.4L
      08' Volkswagen Passat
      10' BMW 320d

GearHead
      Forza Ferrari!!!

Awesome

Good Qualifying Session with Vettel pipping the 2 Ferraris to pole.

Am so happy Massa is back to his best suffering no ill effects of his crash and out qualifying Alonso. A fascinating battle on the cards tomorrow between these 2.

Lewis doing well to go P4. Schumi, I am not surprised to see him down in 7th. Still Rusty, is gonna take some time I guess.

Well Done Sutil and Kubica also.

I expect Massa to win tomorrow as Red Bull seem to have serious tyre wear issues and Ferrari has so far been very good in race simulation tests. Lewis has to be watched out for as usual and expect Sutil to be in some good results tomorrow. He starts on Hards so I guess he will run longer thn the others in front of him.
      "Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us."
      -Calvin

Dai!!!

Secret

and this is the rest of the qualifying results...

Name:  f1.jpg
Views: 69
Size:  62.5 KB

karun..come on maan..show your talent..make the most of this season...
      www.codereddy.wordpress.com

Secret

F1 2010 - Bahrain GP- The surprise element

Quote Originally Posted by [url=http://gearheads.in/post19248.html#p19248
      avinash » Sat Mar 13, 2010 6:28 pm[/url]]and this is the rest of the qualifying results...

Attachment 2828

karun..come on maan..show your talent..make the most of this season...

and now Lewis Hamilton has admitted the McLaren is lacking downforce compared to his competitors and said he was "surprised" to take fourth place on the grid.

Sebastian Vettel confessed himself surprised after taking the first pole position of the season in Bahrain.

some 'surprise' game going on eh..

a further surprise came with Felipe Massa outpacing new Ferrari team-mate Fernando Alonso as the double world champion

so, this GP is a bag of surprises. So, let the predictions begin.

Secret

Driver reaction after qualifying

Force India

Adrian Sutil I'm very happy. I think it was a great achievement to go into Q3 at the first race: our best start to the season for a long time. The team should be very proud of it, I am very proud of this, so let's see how it goes tomorrow. Our goal is now to finish in the points. At the moment I'm in tenth and hopefully we can make one or two positions up as I'm the only car on the hard tyre so it may be an advantage. I'm surprised that the others were on the soft tyres so our decision could pay off tomorrow. We are strong under heavy fuel loads but we were very fast in Q1 and Q2 when everyone was on soft tyres so there are a few more positions we could gain. We worked very hard over the winter and over the last four years and it's nice to see it giving dividends now.

Tonio Liuzzi I am a bit disappointed as we didn't know what had happened to the car since free practice. In the morning it seemed to have a pretty good balance and we didn't change very much but then we went into qualifying and we had a problem with the traction. That was the main reason we couldn't go through to Q3. Now we have to work on this and understand what happened but we believe in the race that we should be really strong as yesterday we were quick on the longer runs.

Mercedes

Nico Rosberg "To be honest, we were hoping for a bit more today although we were lacking the pace to challenge right at the front so I guess we should not be too disappointed. It was so difficult out there with the tyres overheating. If you made a small mistake and got oversteer, then you lost a lot of grip for the next few corners. It's going to be very important to look after the tyres tomorrow in the race. Overall it's a good start for me and with a bit of luck, we should be able to challenge for a podium place tomorrow."
      Michael Schumacher "I am satisfied with seventh place today having been away from Formula One for such a long time. By coincidence, it's the same grid position that I had when I started my career at Spa in 1991. It was fun to work with my new team and I appreciate all their efforts to support me as I get back into the swing of things. The boys are really good and I feel that we've improved step-by-step over the weekend. I'm looking forward to the race and I expect even more to come."

Sauber

Pedro de la Rosa: "I can't say I'm satisfied because before we came here we expected to be a bit higher up. But we already knew yesterday this is a bad track for us with the new infield. I have to blame myself for losing a couple of tenths, because I made mistakes on my very last lap when I just pushed too hard because at this time there wasn't much to lose. So this was not good and it will be a tough race tomorrow for the drivers and teams, especially in terms of tyre management. I'm afraid they will overheat from lap one. Well, despite not being happy with the result, in a way I have to say I still enjoyed my first qualifying after three years."
      Kamui Kobayashi "After winter testing we thought we would be quicker, but we are really struggling with the bumpy new part of the track. Of course the temperatures are much higher here, which is also something new as we now see what the effect is between the car and the tyres. We have to work really hard for improvements. Tomorrow's race will be hard but I still hope our car will not be hard on the tyres and we can move up a bit. There is always a chance for points."

Toro Rosso

Sebastien Buemi "It's pretty much what we expected and we appear to be fighting with Petrov, the Saubers and the Williams. As always I felt I could have done better, but not by much, maybe two tenths. Tomorrow for the first race, I would hope to finish in the points, which this year means getting to tenth. That would involve moving up five places, which is not an impossible task, given that it will be a long race and anything could happen."

Jaime Alguersuari "We hoped to be in Q2 but I made a mistake on my fastest lap on the soft tyres. The grip level was quite low, I was pushing hard and it caught me out, going too fast into a turn. There is room for improvement of course and I hope I can have a good race tomorrow and move up the order a bit, but it looks like it will be tough to score points. We will have to do better next time."

source : Driver reaction after qualifying - Bahr ... | ESPN F1

Awesome

Man, its so good to watch F1 again. Nothing much happened in qualifying though, was a pretty smooth session. Atleast hope the race will have something to watch out for..

And since Massa put his Ferrari on the front row.. thats all that matters! :banana-dreads:

Besides that, great driving by A Sutil as well. Seems like Force India have come a long way since they got into F1. They seem to be pretty much capable of a win this year if all goes well for them. He was faster than Toro Rosso, Sauber, Williams, HRT, Lotus and Virgin Racing, now that itself is something. Great stuff.
      02' Honda City VTEC
      04' Skoda Octavia vRS
      08' Honda Accord 2.4L
      08' Volkswagen Passat
      10' BMW 320d

Secret

I can't see F1.. ... I'm in US and no I don't have a TV here..so no speed TV either

any online options?

Awesome

BTW, don't they release the fuel load figures of all teams after qualifying like they used to last year??
      02' Honda City VTEC
      04' Skoda Octavia vRS
      08' Honda Accord 2.4L
      08' Volkswagen Passat
      10' BMW 320d

Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by karthik247
      BTW, don't they release the fuel load figures of all teams after qualifying like they used to last year??
      Nope starting this season fuel loads are not published ...anyways...Fantastic drive by Vettel...I hope he and Nico do well..

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information