• Angry
  • Awesome
  • Hungry
  • Secret
  • Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: How does this change the Bangalore Cycling scene?

Lone Ranger

Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by satman View Post
      I guess if you chain/lock it they won't bother stealing it.
      Who said? Here in Bangalore the cycle theft has caught up bigtime and daily so many people are loosing their bikes. The thieves are well versed in breaking the chain lock and also the cable lock which is widely used.
      "We Ride therefore we are"- RTMC(Rolling Thunder Motorcycle Club) Website:http://rtmc.info/site/
      |2006- Honda Unicorn - 50K - SOLD||2007- Maruti 800 AC 43K - Happy Motoring||2008- Suzuki Zeus -25K - SOLD||2010- Schwinn Sporterra - 7K-Go Green|
      |2009- Royal Enfield Thunderbird -85K- Happily Thumping|"Rabid dog club: Bite first bark later "

Cycling Enthusiast

Awesome

Wow.. That is pretty crazy.. I think we've reached a point where only Titanium locks and the like will work..
      Satish Narayanan
      ChooseMyBicycle.com
      India's first comprehensive unbiased bicycle portal
      www.choosemybicycle.com

Forum Leader
      Diesel till I die!

Awesome

I use two bicycles. The Giant Revel for offroad and long rides(the seating is more comfortable)
      And a single speed BSA SLR for my commutes and shopping. I'll never park my Giant anywhere when I can't reach and touch it with my hand. Theft is a big problem. I won't mind if I lose the BSA. I don't think anyone will steal it in daylight either, the market value of that bike right now is probably Rs.500
      Not worth the effort for a thief. Actually, I'm more worried about someone stealing my expensive bike lock, when I use it on the BSA.
      Automated bike sharing was launched in Cochin a year ago. I don't think its doing very well.
      Please subscribe to the #Cochin hashtag for notifications on the Cochin meets.

Cycling Enthusiast

Awesome

This might be the perfect solution for all of us.. Haha

Innovative DIY Bicycle lock : ChooseMyBicycle.com
      Satish Narayanan
      ChooseMyBicycle.com
      India's first comprehensive unbiased bicycle portal
      www.choosemybicycle.com

Lone Ranger

Awesome

Hi Bikers,

Was wondering how many cyclists are based out in Bangalore who uses bicycle to office commutes and also how many weekend warriors are there over here!

I know yzfrj and Godfather who rides a bicycle. Anyone else who i have missed here? Can we ride out for some awesome locations in and around Bangalore and give life to this section of GH please? Out of all the section in GH i feel bicycle section is the least active
      "We Ride therefore we are"- RTMC(Rolling Thunder Motorcycle Club) Website:http://rtmc.info/site/
      |2006- Honda Unicorn - 50K - SOLD||2007- Maruti 800 AC 43K - Happy Motoring||2008- Suzuki Zeus -25K - SOLD||2010- Schwinn Sporterra - 7K-Go Green|
      |2009- Royal Enfield Thunderbird -85K- Happily Thumping|"Rabid dog club: Bite first bark later "

O_o

Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by raama View Post
      Godfather who rides a bicycle
      dont know about riju, but I have maximum managed to ride 4 kms, and almost got ran over twice.. bleedy truckers.

need to install a bell asap.. and go tring tring.. tring tring. and huff and puff and cycle away.

Lone Ranger

Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by Godfather View Post
      dont know about riju, but I have maximum managed to ride 4 kms, and almost got ran over twice.. bleedy truckers.
      Do not worry, Let us cycle and remember all those bleedy truckers who try to run over you when you are cycling. We shall soon come back and take your truck to run over them

Distance is not an obstruction now. Slowly you will love cycling for long distance. Why don't we catch up for a ride this weekend? I am sure i will make you ride for long without causing any trouble to you

First start with 10 km ride-20 km-30km-40 km-50 km and so on. Trust me the feel when you do a 50 km ride and therefore once you do 100 km on cycle cannot be replaced by any other forms of joy That is pure awesomeness of cycling da. The more time spent on the saddle the better you become!

No Commerce, Just Fun
      Rain Rain GO Away

Awesome

I have been considering going back to cycling since last 6 months, mainly as a fitness improvement action. As i am lazy, i have been postponing the action pat of it.

two days ago, learnt that my bother started cycling since 2-3 months and has has been doing cycling thrice a week atleast. I just said WoW when he told me that he has done 50KM ride some time back and would be going to his office for the first time. He accomplished this yesterday, in fact it took him less time than what his car would take. He lives in south Bangalore and his office is somewhere near BGA.

since then, i too have been thinking !
      Last edited by Nomad; 27th Feb 2013 at 11:13.

Secret

My brother has been cycling to work everyday. HSR Layout - ITPL. of course weather permitting.
      www.codereddy.wordpress.com

Lone Ranger

Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by Nomad View Post
      since then, i too have been thinking !
      Wow happy to know that you are considering getting back to cycling sir. Would be glad to help you in all possible ways from me. To start off why don't you use my bicycle for a week's time and check your interest level in cycling?Else there are different type of bicyle's (read MTB, Hybrid, Road) out on market which are available for rent on daily basis. If you are comfortable then you can go ahead and buy the bicycle. You can actually start off with one day in a week dedicated for cycling either on early morning or only on weekends to check your interest sir.

To start off with the cycling scene i would like everyone who are interested in cycling to kindly spend few minutes in reading the below article which is very useful.

BikesZone - Cycling View topic - Want to buy a bike? READ THIS FIRST

PS: all credits to the original site BikesZone cycling.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information