• Angry
  • Awesome
  • Hungry
  • Secret
  • Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Chevrolet Sail U-VA Alloy/Tyre Upgrade Options.

i know how to set the status
      :)

Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by Mohammed A Kareem View Post
      Having driven 37000 KM, It was about time for me to change the tires. There was still decent tread on them, however the Tyre had become too noisy and hard. I have been hunting for the right combination of upgrade for the past 6 months. After reading numerous forums and learning about tires, the benefits of upgrade, benefits of Alloys vs Steel wheel I finally decided to short list the two upgrade options.
      Hi , your car looks stunning with the upgrade.

so far hows your feedback about Sail UVA..? i do have below requirement for my new car can SAIL hatchback full fill that..?

1: Saftey [ ABS and driver airbag must]
      2: Ride comfort , especially rear seat users should feel comfortable in the journey [ should be able to manage indian road conditions with out much jerk] . with minimal bodyroll.

thanks in advance

Motorcycle Expedition to
      Ladakh in 2012 from Hyd to Leh
      on xBHP

Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by baker View Post
      One noob doubt , after the car purchase if we change the stock tyre to alloy , will it void warranty..?
      Not the whole warranty. If there are going to be suspension issues, GM has the right to protest/deny to honor warranty. However as far as I know this happens in cases where your Tyre upsize exceeds 3% threshold.

Quote Originally Posted by baker View Post
      Hi , your car looks stunning with the upgrade.

so far hows your feedback about Sail UVA..? i do have below requirement for my new car can SAIL hatchback full fill that..?

1: Saftey [ ABS and driver airbag must]
      2: Ride comfort , especially rear seat users should feel comfortable in the journey [ should be able to manage indian road conditions with out much jerk] . with minimal bodyroll.

thanks in advance
      I cannot tell you what to purchase, this much I know that I would never buy another Chevrolet vehicle again. The Sail U-VA is good and all, the after sale service is terrible. The technical guys are incompetent, car wash folks will actually dirty your car more. The maintenance cost however is much more affordable if you compare Fiat, Hyundai and Toyota. I do not have any document to prove this theory at the moment. The guys screwed up the wheel alignment of my car and when I went to fix the issue, they made it worse. They don't have any special equipment to check alignment. Everything is jugaad! I spent 800 rupees outside and with laser precision fixed the allignment. The car drives in a straight line now without any pull to the side.

I maintain my car, because I love "cars" in general. I'd trade this car for a better one any day!

I have not seen much body roll in the Sail - UVA. Nothing special to mention about your ABS airbag requirement. Why dont you check out the VW Polo TSI GT?? If I could sell this car, I'd go for that hands down!

Adding two new pics after the Exterior paint restoration work done at 3M Car service, Hitech City, Hyderabad.
      Click image for larger version. 

Name:	11099883_10206573791250102_712410931_o.jpg 
Views:	23 
Size:	240.9 KB 
ID:	205006

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	11085875_10206573790690088_486048686_o.jpg 
Views:	24 
Size:	270.3 KB 
ID:	205007
      -----------
      2012 Hyderabad to Leh on Royal Enfield TBTS 350
      Chevy Sail UVA March 2013 - 37700Kms

i know how to set the status
      :)

Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by Mohammed A Kareem View Post
      I cannot tell you what to purchase, this much I know that I would never buy another Chevrolet vehicle again. The Sail U-VA is good and all, the after sale service is terrible. The technical guys are incompetent, car wash folks will actually dirty your car more. The maintenance cost however is much more affordable if you compare Fiat, Hyundai and Toyota. I do not have any document to prove this theory at the moment. The guys screwed up the wheel alignment of my car and when I went to fix the issue, they made it worse. They don't have any special equipment to check alignment. Everything is jugaad! I spent 800 rupees outside and with laser precision fixed the allignment. The car drives in a straight line now without any pull to the side.
      Am planning for petrol as my running will be less than 500km per month.

And my max budget will be 7L on road , and polo will be exceeding that.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information