• Angry
  • Awesome
  • Hungry
  • Secret
  • Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Lifetime of Ford Figo diesel Engine

Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by harshvardhan View Post
      There was a fiesta 1.4 in my family done 2.25 lac kms. without major niggles. And driving pleasure is a bonus
      This is amazing, surely a Ford motor can last lacs of kms if cared well. And 1.4 TDCi is a gem of engine, no wonder Ford India is cashing on it.
      2012 Ford Figo 1.4 Titanium, 2006 Bajaj Pulsar 150

I was lonely driving here tonight so I hugged the road.

not aware that he can set his status here!

Awesome

Friends, I've a 28000 kms run Ford Figo TDCi(November 2012). It's emitting smoke from engine oil inlet and from dipstick funnel. Is it normal with TDCi engines? Checked in few other cars with TDCi engines and found some emitting smoke but in some it's not. According to Ford Authorized Service Center it's common and normal. But i'm not convinced. Is it the injector seal worn out symptom? Or Blowby due to worn out piston rings ? There's no excess oil consumption,reduction in pick up and fuel efficiency. Kindly help with this. The Extended warranty is valid till 2015 October. I'm really concerned about the longevity and life of the engine. I plan to keep the car for a long time.

Regards.
      Here is the video.

Ford Fiesta TDCI
      hi!

Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by BABY.J.CLINT View Post
      Friends, I've a 28000 kms run Ford Figo TDCi(November 2012). It's emitting smoke from engine oil inlet and from dipstick funnel. Is it normal with TDCi engines?
      I have not seen like this, ie, I never removed the dipstick or the filler cap while the engine running. I think it may be normal to emit smoke from there since the oil is hot. You have to tell whether this engine is drinking oil and how much between oil changes.

I have a fiesta and its nearing 110k kms and it doesnt drink any oil (I never topped up). I also felt that the noise is more than mine.
      (if you want I may do the same test you did and would let you know the result tomorrow only if teck gurus here advice me to do so).

Few months ago, I wanted to be sure of my engine condition and met an experienced mechanic and he did remove the dipstick while engine on (not the oil cap) and looked at there for some time, he inserted the stick and removed it several times and finally said this engine would go well for another 70 to 100k kms. (teck gurus may confirm whether this is this also a method to check the engine condition). I do not remember whether there was any smoke that time. (Trusting on his words I decided to retain my fiesta for another 3 to 4 years - it has a sentimental value in my family).
      Last edited by raj_hyd; 12th Jul 2014 at 18:56.

Global Moderator
      At wits end with Safari's
      auto-correct!

Awesome

Friends, I've a 28000 kms run Ford Figo TDCi(November 2012). It's emitting smoke from engine oil inlet and from dipstick funnel. Is it normal with TDCi engines? Checked in few other cars with TDCi engines and found some emitting smoke but in some it's not. According to Ford Authorized Service Center it's common and normal. But i'm not convinced. Is it the injector seal worn out symptom? Or Blowby due to worn out piston rings ? There's no excess oil consumption,reduction in pick up and fuel efficiency.
      That is clearly blowby. Its normally accompanied by increased oil consumption. How much oil is your engine consuming - at what frequency are you checking?

Make sure you put in a written complaint about the blowby and get the FORD ASS to input that into the system the next time they take your vehicle for service etc. That way you can always claim you raised the issue within warranty.

The only way of checking if your engine needs rebuilding is to do a compression test (both wet and dry).
      A closed mouth gathers no feet.

Awesome

Is there any way to check Crankcase ventilation valve is all right ?
      AWB

Global Moderator
      auto-correct!

Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by AWB View Post
      Is there any way to check Crankcase ventilation valve is all right ?
      AWB
      Opps yes - A blocked CVV can also be a cause. The only way of checking this is to remove the unit and blow into it each end one at a time. Its supposed to be a one way valve. So if its stuck open you'd be able to blow both ways.. and if its stuck in the closed position you will not be able to blow in either direction.

Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by raj_hyd View Post
      You have to tell whether this engine is drinking oil and how much between oil changes.
      Quote Originally Posted by kb100
      That is clearly blowby. Its normally accompanied by increased oil consumption. How much oil is your engine consuming - at what frequency are you checking?
      Thanks a ton for your valuable replies. The engine is not consuming oil. Done the fourth service past week @ 28,0XX kms. just checked oil level before service and found to be normal(previous service was at 20,0XX kms). Religiously following the idling 30-45 sec before startup as well as before switching off. Drives mostly below 2000-2200 rpm sedately. I complained about the problem but the service adviser along with service manager told that it's common for TDCi engines and assured that it's normal to emit some blow by. I still wasn't convinced and asked for some examples. Upon inspecting two Fiesta's and three Figo's, one Figo and one Fiesta was not emitting blowby. The others has some blowby clearly visible. They told the warm engines always emit some blow by. Even i asked for compression testing, but they said the equipment was not available for compression testing. Really concerned about the health of engine. Keeping fingers crossed...

Regards
      Clint
      Last edited by BABY.J.CLINT; 12th Jul 2014 at 21:01.

Global Moderator
      auto-correct!

Awesome

They told the warm engines always emit some blow by. Even i asked for compression testing, but they said the equipment was not available for compression testing. Really concerned about the health of engine. Keeping fingers crossed...
      What was your oil change interval... and what was the grade and make of oil used? Blocked or failed crank case ventilator can also do this.

There is a list of things that a customer can ask for - while receiving the vehicle at the ASS. Make sure they write your problems down on that and save your copy. In that list down blowby and compression test. Add 'check and replace CVV' to that.

Sex is not the Answer. Sex is
      the Question. Yes is the
      Answer

Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by getkaizer View Post
      What is the lifetime of a ford figo diesel engine in terms of KM assuming all scheduled maintenance and servicing is carried out?
      I would say a diesel will run for hundreds of thousands of kilometres with normal service and good quality oil. Mine is no Ford but at 250,000 without any major repairs, I am looking forward to about 500,000 km at least.
      Engines with caste iron linings can be rebored and oversized pistons fitted.

Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by kb100 View Post
      What was your oil change interval... and what was the grade and make of oil used? Blocked or failed crank case ventilator can also do this.

There is a list of things that a customer can ask for - while receiving the vehicle at the ASS. Make sure they write your problems down on that and save your copy. In that list down blowby and compression test. Add 'check and replace CVV' to that.
      Collected the old service bills.
      Ist service was done @ 2393
      IInd service was done @ 9613 (Oil change) - 9613 kms
      IIIrd service was done @ 18472 (Oil change+Air filter) - 8859 kms
      IVth service @28023 (Oil change+Fuel filter+Oil filter) - 9551 kms

Grade of oil used is 5 W 30 supplied by Ford to dealer.

Will be going to Ford Authorized Service Center Tuesday. Shall insist on testing compression , blowby and CVV as per your directions. Thanks a lot for your guidance bro.

Regards
      Clint

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread Information