• Angry
  • Awesome
  • Hungry
  • Secret
  • Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Chevrolet Sail UVA Petrol and Diesel Review

In a loop

Secret

Excellent review. Would suggest watermarking the pictures.

For the price, the interiors seems a big let down. Price seems on the higher side and suspect that the petrol version will be another also ran.

a.k.a AntiFigoRacer

Hungry

Quote Originally Posted by sridhar k View Post
      For the price, the interiors seems a big let down. Price seems on the higher side and suspect that the petrol version will be another also ran.
      Sridhar - Yes, that's true but am thinking there should be some option to spice up the interiors using some detailing products or through some other mechanism. We need fordfan & MutantX 's comments here on how to spice up the interiors.

Petrol engine was not great.
      Last edited by roadracer; 11th Dec 2012 at 15:42.
      TATA Indica Vista Quadrajet (2009) | Suzuki GS 150R (2010) | TVS Wego (2011) | TVS Victor GL (2004) - SOLD

In a loop

Secret

MutantX may come up with something like using a black shoe polish/paint to touch up the beige interiors and give a dual tone effect and Fordfan may come up with something like DEC (dashboard enhancer compound) from FFDC (Fordfans' detailer club) to be imported from Luxemberg that too at 15 litres can which all the SAIL(ors) will open a thread for sharing

On a serious note, don't know of any options other than to get dashboard painted which is expensive or alternatively use some good quality Vinyl stickers which will be cheap looking.

WHiTe LiGHTNiNG™
      Hyperian

Awesome

Re: Chevrolet Sail UVA Petrol and Diesel Review

Good one Sridhar, the problem is primarily the color of the interiors. But people will get used to it.

not aware that he can set his status here!

Awesome

Personally I am not a big fan of Swift at all. In fact I like Ritz rather than Swift for practicality. I understand Sail may little lack curves and beauty of interiors little less (esp on side and front profiles), but the ride quality and space is excellent. If you look for a girlfriend curves and beauty may be required...Why for ordinary passenger cars in India this is given much importance..If you are an enthusiast even Swift is not a good choice, go for Ferrari..this is endless..
      As said in speeds of 150 km/hr steering is vibrating, where in India we travel with such a speed for long time. We know our road conditions. My friends owning Ritz used to travel with 120-125 km/hour sometimes..That's all.
      How in the earth by look of the plastic it's decided as cheaper. It means if it looks beautiful it's stronger plastic!! I wish to have somebody crash tested it and analsyed it and said so and so thickness and the strength/lifetime in units, then only it can be believed.

- - - Updated - - -

Excellent review. Would suggest watermarking the pictures.

What is the benchmark car you are comparing with for this aspect? Only colors I felt not much appealing..I fely it's okay.

Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by mclaren1885 View Post
      That is the first thing I told the Sales Manager and the Marketing Manager in Bangalore. Why on earth did Chevrolet not bring in the Sonic instead of the Sail! Getting the Sonic in would have really helped Chevy target the premium hatchback customers. Guess, it would just be a bit too expensive on the road!
      This itself is been felt as bit expensive. How can Sonic can be brought for a middle class indian crowd who is looking for economical hatchbacks?

Quote Originally Posted by mclaren1885 View Post
      Overall it's a decent car. The market it will cater to would be:

1. Middle-aged people who want light steering, comfort, good space, a decent engine that is also quite good with FE and is not too hard to drive.
      2. Families with tall people or kids where extra room is a must.
      3. Average Joe who cannot wait any longer for the Swift thanks to the waiting periods.
      4. Average Joe who does not care about looks, interior quality or performance.

Who will not buy this car:

1. Enthusiasts.
      2. The younger generation. Visually just doesn't appeal enough as much as the others cars in the category
      This is a car for grown up's(age: 30+) whoever has a family of his own.
      May be for college students Swift may appeal.
      For people looking for practical car always stay out of Swift. After buying the overprized Swift, even the rear passengers should sit in uncomfortable position (knee touching the front seats)..I felt for the price paid this is not good in those situations..even with small boot!! Sail and Liva are practical hatchback choice and fit for indian middle class families..

In a loop

Secret

Quote Originally Posted by nandakumar1712 View Post
      What is the benchmark car you are comparing with for this aspect? Only colors I felt not much appealing..I fely it's okay.
      I felt that the interiors look bland when compared to to Swift, Figo and the Vista. Perhaps it it the color that is dull and dual color would have enhanced the looks better

Awesome

I felt that the interiors look bland when compared to to Swift, Figo and the Vista. Perhaps it it the color that is dull and dual color would have enhanced the looks better
      Yes Sridhar, I agree with you. But I worry more for quality than appearance. I took the delivery of the car yesterday. Apart from many things I got impressed the following things I worry about
      1. Yes, too much of plastics used for some part of Interiors esp. which I can feel not a last longing quality
      2. Steering arm's cover plastic is too vulnerable to scratches.
      3. The silencer pipe's welding looks very obvious to me and the finishing is not proper, I could see the traces of iron droplets here and there on top of it. I suspect this defect due to manufacturing or from dealers side. Will check out during first inspection
      4. On steering adjustment to down, the upper portion is covered by black cloth like material which is not good. If I lift that, I could see nuts and bolts of the steering column. I am not sure how will it look in Figo, Swift and Liva

Awesome

Re: Chevrolet Sail UVA Petrol and Diesel Review

Could you post some photos of the concern area

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread Information