• Angry
  • Awesome
  • Hungry
  • Secret
  • Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: My Pearl White French BULL DOG : DUSTER 85RxL (O) Ownership Review - Now CODE6 Remapped!

aka cmsajith

Awesome

My Pearl White French BULL DOG : DUSTER 85RxL (O) Ownership Review - Now CODE6 Remapped!

Latest snaps from the Cochin-Bangalore trip:

Note: Please click on the images to see in its correct size, somehow the page is not resizing the images properly.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DPP_0001.JPG 
Views:	70 
Size:	100.9 KB 
ID:	122760

Name:	DPP_0004.JPG 
Views:	60 
Size:	121.6 KB 
ID:	122763

Name:	DPP_0006.JPG 
Views:	68 
Size:	132.1 KB 
ID:	122765

Name:	DPP_0003.JPG 
Views:	58 
Size:	332.6 KB 
ID:	122762

Name:	DPP_0005.JPG 
Views:	55 
Size:	295.7 KB 
ID:	122764

Name:	DPP_0002.JPG 
Views:	55 
Size:	114.2 KB 
ID:	122761
      Last edited by CMS; 2nd Jan 2013 at 11:32.

aka cmsajith

Awesome

I will start my ownership review with few snaps of the dial readings which I took a few days back after a full tank of Diesel fill:

Total Distance covered:

Name:	DSC_9107.JPG 
Views:	60 
Size:	289.2 KB 
ID:	118808

Current Mileage in city 15 -18km/L:

Name:	DSC_9110.JPG 
Size:	297.6 KB 
ID:	118809

Estimated distance that can travel with a full tank apart from the reserve (~70-80km)

Name:	DSC_9111.JPG 
Size:	301.1 KB 
ID:	118810

aka cmsajith

Awesome

Booking @ Renault Cochin (TVS)

I started my search for a new "4 wheeler" during April 2012. I was using a Maruti Esteem (Gas / Petrol) and I was looking for a different one other than a sedan. By that time Ertiga was launched and I got impressed with the package it was offering. So I booked one white Ertiga VXi (ABS) Petrol (@Popular, Muvattupuzha) during May 1st week with the delivery expectation of 1.5 - 2 months. But it didnt materialize because of the step-mother attitude of the manufacturer towards the petrol vehicles and the strike at the plant. To increase the probability of getting the car I did another booking at another dealer (@Indus, Muvattupuzha).

Since I didnt see a possibility of getting it in 2012, I started my search again. Eventhough I was having an eye on the Duster, I didnt give much importance as the launching date was not confirmed. But from one of the thread in TBhp, I came to know that the Duster is going to launch on July 4th and started reading the reviews to get more idea about it and on July 3rd I transferred my booking amount to TVS (Renault Cochin dealer) to their Madurai a/c without specifying Petrol/Diesel/variant with an understanding that I can select the variant after the launch and test drive. On comparing the package - price b/n the variants, the petrol version got ruled out.

Atlast, I chose 85RXE (Diesel) variant based on the test drive experience with 110PS. The promised waiting period was 1-2 months.
      Last edited by CMS; 13th Dec 2012 at 09:37.

aka cmsajith

Awesome

Bitter experience at Renault Cochin (TVS) : Rated (0 / 10, possibly a -ve)

The waiting started since July 3rd and no update is coming from the assigned executive (Naveen). Since I was not happy with the response from the exec I asked him to connect me to his team leader (Ragesh) and he was supposed to be my communication channel. But most of the time he never picks up the call. Months went by and during a status update call (always I had to call them up to get any info, I believe I had spent more than 1000/- just for this), I was told that the RXE will not be available till March 2013. So I had no other choice than booking RXL by paying 1 lakh more. But, to me, Renault is looting by charging 1L for a few cosmetic changes in RXL variant. To compensate that loss, I decided to add another 1Lakh for the optional pack (it worth the money, as it has airbags,ABS,alloys including all the other cosmetic addons for 2L, overall ~2.25L).

Another waiting period started and I had to literally bash them ($$###@#$....) to get an update that my car will be in transit by Nov 11th. On 5th/6th one executive called me up and asked for the possibility of arranging the payment saying the car is already in the yard. Believing that I went to my native and made the arrangement to approve the loan, but didnt release the amount. Later on asking the TL, I came to know that its not yet arrived and will be shipping only after 11th (as per the earlier info) and he dont have any answer for his executive's phone call. I had to literally say that his executives are a bunch of B** S***.

After one week, on further pushing, I got the confirmation that the vehicle is in transit and will reach the yard by last week of Nov. One week later, by 24th/25th they were asking me to pay the full amount immediately (stating next day is the last date to get the price protection!!!). They were telling that its the instruction from Renault to bill it at the revised price from the next day onwards. It was a nightmare that I had to immediately start to native and to arrange the bank formalities and release the amount. At the same time I am really suspicious that no company will revoke any statements esp the price protection within a short period (1 / 2 days) and also without any press conference. Anyways I thought it will be good that I will get the vehicle immediately inspite of all the mental agony and tension. I had to even sent a mail asking them for extending the last date of the payment so that I can reach cochin and disburse the money from bank.

Note: I have not mentioned all the issues I had to face from the dealer, this is only a glimpse of that.

Anyways I got the car by 29th night 8:30PM with Temp regn.
      Last edited by CMS; 13th Dec 2012 at 09:55.

aka cmsajith

Awesome

Renault Cochin (TVS) Dealer Rating Contd..

Following are the major faults / bad experience from RENAULT COCHIN (I have skipped a lot of other bad experience from them), even the Bank officials were telling that they had never seen such an irresponsible dealer as they had to followup several times to get even a simple document:

- A Price Protection Revoking false news \ scam from Renault Cochin (TVS). @All, Is it true?
      - Nobody is responsible for anything and No response from their side wrt any clarification
      - Dont even follow the process properly what they are supposed to do,
      > On delivery, I noticed a small (minute) scratch on the Front WindShield, suspecting due to the improper use of wiper
      > The Hypothication bank details were wrong in the Temp Regn. document and the sale certificate, noticed later at late night, Called him at 1AM and had to get it rectified at the RTO database next morning and get a new Sale Certificate
      > Letter "L" is missing from the "RENAULT" label at the back side!!!, WTF checking are they doing before delivery. I had to ask them whether the Engine, ABS and Airbags are installed or do I have to check it up.....

In short, RENAULT COCHIN IS nothing a bunch of F*****g A** H***s (sorry, I cant control myself). I havent even mentioned a lot of other f***ups they had done. I will be raising the Price Protection scam in Renault's facebook page and all other forums. I dont understand what could be the reason for this as I am also after them for an immediate delivery.

Moreover the VIN# allocation from the factory and the Renault controls the delivery is BS, its for sure that the dealers are successfully manipulating the delivery process w/ or w/o the knowledge/approval of the manufacturer.

Note: Eventhough the buying experience was horrible, I really like this car. I will post my experience with the car while posting the pics.
      Last edited by CMS; 13th Dec 2012 at 10:05.

aka cmsajith

Awesome

A Major Issue found : Rectifying it under warranty

I got the vehicle on Thrusday (Nov 29th) and managed to get it registered and the number plates by Saturday as I have to bring it to Bangalore on Sunday. On the way I noticed a small amount of grease on the front door, but couldnt locate from where. On reaching Bangalore, I noticed the right - front alloy is fully chocked in grease. I immediately calledup Digital Vampire as I am passing by this house, at that time tadukuttan was also there with him. On checking, the grease was found to be leaking from the DriveShaft boot which was supposed to occur after 1L kms, but for a new car it was never expected, somehow we reached safely.

Next day I visited the Renault Service station, Whitefield and met the service manager (Subash). On further inspecting, we found a small cut in the rubber boot at the boot locks. Most probably it was happened while crimping the lock. Surprised to see what kind of QC are these guys doing in the factory. Anyways they agreed to replace the full drive shaft assembly (boot doesnt come separately...expensive repair if it is after the warranty). They had placed the order with high priority and got the approval and most probably it can be done by this weekend.

Current Status : The drive shaft assembly is arrived at the service center and got the appointment for saturday 9AM to get it replaced.

I am allowed to enter their service area, a well equipped service center with 20 or more ramp/lifts. Following are the pics I took while checking:

Name:	DSC_9099.JPG 
Size:	753.6 KB 
ID:	118812

Name:	DSC_9100.JPG 
Views:	59 
Size:	844.0 KB 
ID:	118813

Name:	DSC_9101.JPG 
Views:	53 
Size:	490.3 KB 
ID:	118814

Name:	DSC_9102.JPG 
Views:	61 
Size:	504.3 KB 
ID:	118815

Name:  DSC_9104.JPG
Views: 710
Size:  48.0 KB
      Last edited by venbab; 13th Dec 2012 at 11:00. Reason: Replaced picture as requested by OP

Global Moderator
      Driving Worlds fastest truck!!

Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by cmsajith View Post
      I got the vehicle on Thrusday (Nov 29th)
      Congrats on the purchase.

That is awesome kms you have munched up within 10days.
      Try walking into YOUR car rather than crawling. For me walking is always best ---GURU SHISHIR

aka cmsajith

Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by shishirbn View Post
      within 10days.
      Its within 4days, trip from kerala to bangalore and few kms locally. Now its ~1200

MechGear

Awesome

Congrats for the new SUV!
      And sorry for the bitter experience you had faced. Have you escalated this to Renault?

Global Poster
      _/\_ in bhai universe trusts

Awesome

cmsajith : Congrats on your new acquisition. Looks good in white colour. Do you have any plan for shifting to Kerala or will this be used more in KL. because I can see that you have registered the vehicle in KL.
      In BHAI the universe trusts _/\_

Wear HelMet to avoid Hell Meet

Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast

Thread Information