Its been only 6 months since i joined this forum and I really wanted to do a ownership report on my AStar...I felt that I will wait till my AStar reaches at least 45000Km before i write this...Well here goes....

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0352.jpg 
Views:	27 
Size:	1.54 MB 
ID:	119193Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0240.JPG 
Views:	30 
Size:	874.4 KB 
ID:	119192

Well I bought the A Star in Oct 2009 after i moved over to Bangalore..I just moved over to Bangalore for the first time in my life in Aug 2009 and was using my bike for the first two months and after driving through all the dust and traffic my family and I thought about getting a car...Well we zeroed in on the AStar after test driving a couple of hatchbacks...I had a Santro previously when I was working in Kerala and had sold it when I took a break in between....The main reason why we took the AStar was the value for money and the comfortable handling of the car...I am not much of a car freak but when my wife and I test drived it, we both liked it.....The only doubt all my friends and my family was that how i would fit in as i was 6feet 3inch tall and the boot was small...Well being a family of two when we brought it and now with addition, the car is as comfortable as it was when we brought it. And for the boot--how much you can travel and how much do you require to carry for two/three people...When it was required, the back seat became the additional boot space

We initially went to the Bimal showroom in Old Airport Road in Bangalore and the sales guy there was not even interested in selling cars to us....And the quote at the time was 4.4L approx for a VXI in Bangalore..Well I would say, we didnt go again to Bimal after that either for the sale/service till now... The next stop was Pritham on the outer ring road..the sales guys were rather good but again the waiting period was around 2months...Then we thought about getting the car from Kottayam. To be frank, till i went to sign the papers for the loan, i didnt have any issues dealing with the AVG team and all the correspondence for the sale was through email.....There was a price difference of 40K with Bangalore and Kerala

My car was delivered in the first week of Oct 2009. My dad went and took over the car and we had to wait till the 2nd week of Oct to travel and bring it over to Bangalore...Since then, we have travelled multiple times over to Kerala, done two trips to Coorg (with full capacity-5 adults and boot full with stuff), Yercaud,Mysore,Ooty..etc....

The AStar is comfortable for a family of 4 (2adults and 2kids) to use in the city..Even on the highway this is an excellent drive (even though i personally felt if it had more power on the highways )

I have driven the car for the last 3.4 yrs in and around Bangalore....I dont have any complaints against this silent warrior....For me the plus points for this car was the comfortable handling, the good AC and the stereo and that it stuck to my budget....

I get an mileage of around 13.4Kmpl inside Bangalore city and when i travel outside Bangalore, it will be around 18-21Kmpl with AC...The AC and the Stereo quality is real good compared to the other vehicles I have driven... I travel around 30Km on an Average daily...As my company sponsors part of my Petrol, it's ok till now...The car has now been driven around 45090KM and still going good...

On the service part--Till now I have serviced at UM CMH road and Pritam in ORR Bellandur and AVG in Kottayam..The best till now was AVG and UM and I will go to Pritam only if I dont have any choice...This is my opinion and there definitely will be a lot of people who might differ from me...For the last 3.4 years, the real cost of the service would be around 20000... There was an issue with my front tyre wearing out and even after 2 complaints Pritam didnt do anything and was rectified when I went to UM (by that time i had already lost half the life on that tyre)....I would be going there the next time..I expect a service cost of Rs 5000min every 10000Km...

Regarding the space--I wouldnt say its too good or too bad...As i said, being a family of 2 (and 1 added later), the ride has been comfortable...Even when I travelled a couple of times to Coorg on a full load,no one ever complained of lack of space...The boot space was sufficient as the trip was only for 2 days...

Design--I would rather say its for the individual to decide..Everyone has his or her opinion....Even i felt that Maruti could have improved the design a bit....

Power--The city drive has been smooth..However, you feel the lack of power when you down the gear from 4 to 3...I will definitely say that the ride is most comfortable on a highway and you can reach a peak speed of 140KM in no time....You wouldnt notice it powering on at 100-120 but at 140 it starts to shiver a bit (my wish for a bigger car comes at this time)

I am right now quite satisfied with my car....The next car that I would be taking would be diesel (if the govt still provides it a subsidised rate still) and i would definitely like to take a SUV as my travel appetite grows....I really like travelling and having a petrol car nowadays doesnt make sense if you travel a lot unless its reimbursed (i wouldnt want to spend my own money unnecessarily)..I have travelled around 45090KM now and would definitely use my A-Star for a year before I graduate to a bigger drive....

Initially when I brought my A Star to Bangalore, I felt I was the only guy in Bangalore to have an A-Star and that too a kerala registration. However, I now see a lot of AStars on the road though not as much as i expected....

Do let me know if I missed anything to add and I would be happy to do that...I really would like to meet some of my fellow GH's when you guys meet again....